Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Easter Eating (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/2946-easter-eating.html)

Sharonh 29-03-2008 18:11

Easter Eating

We got back from the Port last week so I thought I should do a posting on our eating activities.

In Puerto Pollensa we ate in:

Tiberi - good reliable food. We started off with Cheesy Nachos as my son had developed a liking for these. They were good and tasty. To follow son had carbonara - he had been waiting from last October to eat this again. Not a pick remained at the end of the evening! My husband had pork in a pepper sauce with rice and I had a pancake with lovely fresh vegetables in a tomato and pepper sauce. Including drinks it was about 60 Euros.

Tolos - as always good food. The complementary bruchetta is always lovely. My son could not resist the sausages! He is three and said they were beautiful! My husband had pasta with chicken which he thought was very good. I had a vegi pizza which was nice but not a patch on C'an Olesa in Pollensa. Again around 60 Euros including drinks.

Corb Mari - We had never even noticed this cafe before never mind eating in it. That is why I love PP no matter how many times you goes there is always somewhere new to try. I can't remember what husband had but I know he was happy. I had p'am oli and the cheese board - very nice. Son had a toastie. Around 30 Euros including drinks.

Don Corleone - I always find Don Corleone reasonable given the price. Husband asn son had pizzas which they declared very good. I had 4 cheese penne pasta - which was ok - very thin sauce which I couldn't manage very well with a fork! It was very busy so getting someone's attention to bring me a spoon wasn't really a possibility.

I had lots of cappacinos in Joker - I think they do the best coffee in the Port. We also had some of their lovely freshly squeezed OJ and son had lots of chocolate milk as he made frequent trips from the beach to the table when the weather was good enough for beach days.

Cafe 1919 - My son loves their Clown Ice Cream so we were here several times. Good ice cream.

Sandwiches & Moments - A new establishment basically doing baguettes pasta and tray bakes. We had tray bakes - banana cake and a brownie. Both were absolutely great. I would recommend giving it a go.

I think that was it in the Port.

We only ate in Pollensa once in C'an Olesa. It did not disappoint. We all had pizzas. As usual the nicest pizzas I have ever tasted. Do not leave the crusts they are beautiful!

We ventured to Soller one day and had lunch in Cafe Soller. We all had pasta - penne salmon; spagetti pesto; and penne tomato and mozzarella. They were all excellent and very cheap. On the way back to the car we got ice cream in the homemade ice cream shop. If any of you venture to Soller make sure to try some ice cream - it is divine.

Lala70w 29-03-2008 19:17

Hi Sharon - sounds like a great week!:)

As far as can I remember Corb Mari only spread out onto the Pine Walk for snacks during the day last year (I suspect because the "new" Dakota Joe had set up directly in front of it - and quite right too I say! Corb Mari for setting up beside them I mean) That'll probably be why you didn't notice it nestled away by the Voramar supermarket until now?

Unless I am mistaken this is the cafe that you can see on the webcam so you should have given us a wave!

Lala :)

patc 29-03-2008 19:20

Great review

Hi Sharonh
Great review, How did you find things this year with exchange rates not as good as previous years. I bet you are glad you bought your appartment last year. I thing we met you and your husband last year, You were out for the weekend buying furniture. I was delighted to see Tiberi is still good.

Joanne 30-03-2008 13:47

Glad you had a nice time at Easter. Whereabouts is Sandwiche& Moments sounds just my sort of place.

Thanks

Sharonh 30-03-2008 15:00

Hi Patc

Yes I am sure we did meet, I remember you both. You were there for at least a week and we arrived on the Friday and were going home the next day having bought all our furniture! We are definitely glad we bought the apartment last year - we probably couldn't afford it now given the exchange rate!

The exchange rate did seem to make things appear more expensive when eating out. For instance the meal in Tiberi for 60 euros was costing nearer £50 this year whilst last year it would have been around £40. So it does affect your view on the value for money aspect! However, I wouldn't want to be the one telling my three year old he wasn't going to get the carbonara he had talked about from last October!

Sharon

Sharonh 30-03-2008 15:03

Sandwiches & Moments Location

Joanne

Sorry I probably should have included the location in my posting as it is just newly opened. It is just at the roundabout at the marina. It is right on the corner of C/Joan and the road to Alcudia - next door to the perfume shop and Suttons.

Sharon