Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree24Likes
  • 5 Post By PPToni
  • 1 Post By debz1
  • 3 Post By Miller
  • 3 Post By debz1
  • 2 Post By Miller
  • 3 Post By Miller
  • 3 Post By Miller
  • 1 Post By Lorenzo
  • 3 Post By debz1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-06-2022, 15:40
Administrator

Default Naturpoke

This place opened today, located next to La Nonna.
Although it sells pokebowls as its 'thing' it is also open for breakfast toasts, cereal bowls, smoothies, and lunchpacks to takeaway.
It is part of a chain and also has branches in Palma, Can Pastilla, Palmanova, Manacor and Inca.

We popped in this morning for brekkie and I had toast with tomato, avocado, burrata & pesto. It was really tasty.
Russ had the toast with tomato, avocado & poached egg. Russ said his egg was slightly under - but most places we've had poached egg here we've found cook them under. Very much enjoyed apart from that.

The one thing we thought was a little strange and I think may put some people off was they send a waitress to take your drinks order but to order food you have to scan the QR code on the table. You choose what you want from the menu, put it in a 'basket' then checkout. The order then gets pinged to the kitchen.

Staff were great and decor is lovely.

We will be popping back to try their pokebowls and hopefully they do really well.

Toni 😊
Sharonh, debz1, Lorenzo and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 22-06-2022, 00:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPToni View Post
This place opened today, located next to La Nonna.
Although it sells pokebowls as its 'thing' it is also open for breakfast toasts, cereal bowls, smoothies, and lunchpacks to takeaway.
It is part of a chain and also has branches in Palma, Can Pastilla, Palmanova, Manacor and Inca.

We popped in this morning for brekkie and I had toast with tomato, avocado, burrata & pesto. It was really tasty.
Russ had the toast with tomato, avocado & poached egg. Russ said his egg was slightly under - but most places we've had poached egg here we've found cook them under. Very much enjoyed apart from that.

The one thing we thought was a little strange and I think may put some people off was they send a waitress to take your drinks order but to order food you have to scan the QR code on the table. You choose what you want from the menu, put it in a 'basket' then checkout. The order then gets pinged to the kitchen.

Staff were great and decor is lovely.

We will be popping back to try their pokebowls and hopefully they do really well.

Toni ��

We stopped and chatted to the owners the other day who were putting the finishing touches to this nice looking restaurant. Pokebowls are definitely the ‘in’ thing at the moment in PP as we noticed them on quite a few menus. Although I love the concept and they are delicious and healthy, it seems strange they’ve taken off in such a big way. Or maybe not if the locals love them? After all we don’t want roast dinners, fish and chips or steak and kidney pud all the time do we?
PPToni likes this.
Old 22-06-2022, 11:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
We stopped and chatted to the owners the other day who were putting the finishing touches to this nice looking restaurant. Pokebowls are definitely the ‘in’ thing at the moment in PP as we noticed them on quite a few menus. Although I love the concept and they are delicious and healthy, it seems strange they’ve taken off in such a big way. Or maybe not if the locals love them? After all we don’t want roast dinners, fish and chips or steak and kidney pud all the time do we?
May be "unwoke" but what is a "poke bowl"
Sparky, clinkham and PPToni like this.
Old 22-06-2022, 12:01
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
Not unwoke, maybe just not trendy enough

They come from hawaii and are basically a healthy bowl of food consisting of a rice base with toppings of different veg and a dressing and a protein source. Google it.

Very nice
Old 22-06-2022, 22:46

The other place that does Poke bowls is the very successful Bocchoris run by the lovely Francisco who used to be in Ca Les Monges. We went twice as they were so delicious … healthy but really filling and great value at about 12€
Sharonh, PP76 and animagic21 like this.
Old 23-06-2022, 08:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
Traditionally they are made using raw fish, apparently. I had to Google it!
Old 23-06-2022, 11:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPToni View Post
Not unwoke, maybe just not trendy enough

They come from hawaii and are basically a healthy bowl of food consisting of a rice base with toppings of different veg and a dressing and a protein source. Google it.

Very nice
Trendy, I still wear flairs! What is Google. Is it a comment made by someone who is GaGa?

Will try a pukebowl, sorry pokebowl next visit.
Bootledodger and Tangoman like this.
Old 23-06-2022, 14:47

I think Miller must be aged 97
Old 23-06-2022, 17:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
I think Miller must be aged 97
No, that's my young son.
Old 23-06-2022, 17:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
Traditionally they are made using raw fish, apparently. I had to Google it!
If it contains pork is that a pig in a poke. Are they all the same or are some bespoke!
Disorderly, clinkham and Tangoman like this.
Old 10-07-2022, 17:35

Default New Natur Poke Restaurant in Puerto Pollensa

There is a new seafront restaurant, part of the Natur poke chain, which is situated in a prime location by the beach, at 88 Passeig Saralegui.

It's open seven days a week, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., including Sundays and festive days.

Here is some of their blurb....."Poke is the new gastronomical revolution. It is what many people see as ‘fast (and healthy) food’, and the reason is simple: poke bowls have no processed food or refined sugar. Thus, all our meals are made from healthy, natural food. "
debz1 likes this.
Old 10-07-2022, 18:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
There is a new seafront restaurant, part of the Natur poke chain, which is situated in a prime location by the beach, at 88 Passeig Saralegui.

It's open seven days a week, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., including Sundays and festive days.

Here is some of their blurb....."Poke is the new gastronomical revolution. It is what many people see as ‘fast (and healthy) food’, and the reason is simple: poke bowls have no processed food or refined sugar. Thus, all our meals are made from healthy, natural food. "
Natur Poke was due to open the day we left PP in June. From what we could see the decor looked lovely, and if their Poke bowls are half as good as Bocchoris it’s a good addition to the Port. Having said that we noticed a lot of Asian style food on a menus in quite a few restaurants. I love this style of food, and it’s obviously very ‘in’ at the moment, but you can have too much of a good thing!
Old 10-07-2022, 19:20

Definitely a restaurant we’ve put on our list. Can’t wait to go in a few weeks time.😀