Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree23Likes
  • 12 Post By JH02JLH
  • 5 Post By Disorderly
  • 6 Post By PPToni

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2021, 15:27

Default Trip Report December 2021

We were longing to go back to Mallorca, but I was very hesitant about booking in the time of Covid! We took the plunge and booked a hotel in Palma for three nights and the Son Sant Jordi hotel in Pollenca for two nights.

Unfortunately, some of my fears were realised when Omicron struck, and on Saturday evening, just after we arrived, we discovered we needed to take tests before being allowed back in the UK.

We enjoyed two days in Palma, visiting the Palace and some of the Christmas markets on the Sunday, and then taking the old train to Soller on the Monday. This was one of the highlights of the holiday for me - we stayed in Soller, wandered the old streets, had a look at the Christmas market that was going on in front of the church, and had a lovely lunch. Soller reminded me a lot of Pollenca.

We picked up a hire car on Tuesday morning and drove to Pollenca. The weather was stunning and all we hoped it would be. I just wanted to sit outside with a cold beer and feel the warm sun on my face. Mission accomplished!

We visited Cala San Vicente (most places closed) and had a lovely lunch at El Casinet in Puerto Pollenca. Meals in Pollenca were taken at La Font del Gall and U Placa, a new restaurant for us. We also enjoyed coffee and hot chocolates at Ca'n Butxaca on the square.

Mallorca was very different in the winter compared with the summer! I loved Pollenca, though - the Christmas decorations, woodsmoke in the air and the peace was heavenly. I've always wanted to spend the winter in the old town and maybe one day I will.

Unfortunately, we were forced to go to a hospital in Alcudia and spend precious time getting lateral flow tests for which we paid 30 euros each. This was on top of the PCR tests we had to arrange for our return. It didn't really put a dampener on the holiday but I would be very wary of returning in the near future. Will we ever return to normality when it comes to travel?

I haven't written individual restaurant reviews this time, but if anyone has a spare few hours, you can check out the blog I write which is a warts and all account of our winter break with photos and a lot more details.https://janiesjottings.blogspot.com/
Sharonh, LK1960, El Gordo and 9 others like this.

Last edited by JH02JLH; 12-12-2021 at 15:30.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2021, 17:55

A great and very interesting Trip Report. Thank you. It’s such a pain when the rules are suddenly changed while you are away……particularly on such a short trip. But, my goodness, you made the very most of it and I must agree that the old town is a very special place out of season.
JH02JLH, Sharonh, LK1960 and 2 others like this.
Old 13-12-2021, 13:17
Administrator

Thanks for a great report. We're hoping to pop to Soller before Christmas too, we love it there.
I'll be sure to have a read of your blog when I get a few minutes/hours

Toni
JH02JLH, Sharonh, El Gordo and 3 others like this.