Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree27Likes
  • 10 Post By MalcolmS
  • 2 Post By Luckyone
  • 1 Post By Disorderly
  • 5 Post By Golfaholics
  • 2 Post By pollensafan
  • 3 Post By MalcolmS
  • 1 Post By Jonsey
  • 1 Post By debz1
  • 2 Post By debz1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2021, 14:29

Default Trip Report (long!)

As I stepped on the bathroom scales this morning, I was reminded of our holiday goal which was to only eat out every second night! Here’s how we achieved it... :-)

Sunday – dinner at Cantonet. Still our favourite restaurant in Pollença. The food and the service are always perfect although we probably know the menu too well now in that we’ve chosen before get there. Went without a reservation and got a table easily in the back terrace area.

Monday – dinner at R3spira. Our first visit here and we’d certainly go back. We went without a reservation, but it was busy, and we’d book the next time. The regular menu was an online QR code with specials on a bit of paper which confused us a bit to start with. Great food and excellent service.

Tuesday – BBQ at the villa with enormous kebabs from Toni at Eu Serral Gourmet – I defy anyone to walk in there and not be amazed at the selection or to walk out without buying anything!

Wednesday – Dinner at La Font del Gall. Didn’t book so had to eat inside which was no problem. Great food and service as always. Portions were really big for us, and we had three courses so suffered a bit overnight – self-inflicted though.

Thursday – ate at the villa in the evening although we did try Can Mir 1945 for tapas mid-afternoon. Service was good and the food was generally okay although our bacalao rebozado was so dripping in oil we didn’t finish it.

Friday – back to Cantonet for dinner. This table was booked. It was supposed to be our last night before going home but we’d extended for a second week so booked again for the following Friday. Great food again but our romantic dinner for two was somewhat distracted by a rather large and noisy table beside us. This was to become a theme.

Saturday – Lunch at Restaurant Marc Fosh in Palma. This was our second visit and although the first was two years ago, we were still welcomed back like regulars! The food was just amazing, and the service was great. We just think it’s a very relaxing way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Sunday – We booked a table at Q11 for dinner. Maybe we had been spoiled by the previous day, but we just felt the service wasn’t up to scratch – it was like the serving staff didn’t really want to be there. That aside the food was excellent and portion size more to our liking.

Monday – BBQ at the villa in the evening but we tried Bar Alhambra for tapas mid-afternoon. This was a first for us and having walked by it many times in the past I really don’t know why we haven’t tried it before. Both food and service were really good, and we’ll certainly be back again.

Tuesday – Another first for us – La Placeta at Hotel Sant Jordi. Whilst we enjoyed our visit, we felt the menu was quite restrictive. They did have a huge number of additional (fish) specials though. Our evening there was again somewhat spoiled by a large and very drunk, noisy table elsewhere, so we ended up not staying too long. I don’t think it’s one we would rush back to.

Wednesday – back to La Font del Gall with a booked table outside. Another fantastic meal. The two waiters there always seem to be enjoying their work and that is infectious with the customers.

Thursday – in the evening we barbequed again but sampled the tapas at Café Espanol / Ca’n Moixet in the square. The food was good, but we had difficulty in getting service to start with. Once the food came we chilled and people watched the afternoon away.

Friday – A ‘forced’ trip to PP had us enjoy a small tapas lunch at Meraki in the main square. We thought the food and the service were excellent and from our time there it seemed they had a bunch of regular customers who thought the same. In the evening it was back to Cantonet for one last time.

Saturday – another long lunch in Palma this time at the Peruvian fusion restaurant Sumaq. It was a much less formal atmosphere than Marc Fosh but some really fantastic and different food. I’d certainly go back although there are many other great restaurants in Palma.

Which reminds me – we’ve tried on more than one occasion to go to Club Tast in Palma but have yet to find it!

Aside from all the above meals we also had coffee / naranja / cerveza / rosado / coke / cakes in Numero Ocho in the square; Bar Pont Roma; Sisters Cafe(just up from Eroski), Café Calvari, and One Touch (the closet café to our villa). Our favourite was One Touch – great coffee; freshly squeezed orange juice and cakes but then the owner became very pushy at us trying to take his wine tasting session – which I’m sure would be very good – but we just wanted a quiet seat over a cup of coffee. We moved from there to Sisters which became our fav for the fortnight.

Still plenty of other restaurants to try but one that was on our list for this year but which we never got to was La Trencadora.

I’d also say we’ve never really found a good choice of café for coffee / cake / people watching in PP or Palma despite trying a few…

So who'd like to guess what the scales said?! :-)

Links
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2021, 15:31

Smile

Great trip report. We must have the same scales that said 'too many nights out eating'.
Must try Pollensa Town more often
car77 and RUBY 97 like this.
Old 09-10-2021, 17:53

A great report…..thank you. We have only stayed in the old town once, in November 2018 before we bought our apartment in the Port. It was interesting to try different restaurants in another setting. The old town has come a long way since our first visit in 1994.
MalcolmS likes this.
Old 09-10-2021, 19:32

MalcolmS if you want people watching etc in the Port try Cafe Ca Las Monges on the front next to Los Faroles.

Yes great for people watching but also fantastic for a coffee/beer and the most delightful breakfasts/brunch. Francisco and his staff superb.

I shouldn’t really be posting this as it’s difficult enough to get a table anyway without the free advertising. However if you haven’t been there and decide to try it you are in for a treat.
Old 09-10-2021, 19:55

Have you been to Celler El Moli though?? Had dinner there on Tuesday... OMG.

We went past Cantonet several times and it was dead. I want to go in but my late mrs was vegan, current partner is diary intolerance and the menu looked very pizza based... this week I was out with my dad so i thought we'd stand a chance but alas no.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmS View Post
As I stepped on the bathroom scales this morning, I was reminded of our holiday goal which was to only eat out every second night!

My Guess is " One at a time please"
MalcolmS and martinchip10 like this.
Old 11-10-2021, 08:44

Do you know, it actually wasn't as bad as we had expected. We had swam and walked quite a bit daily so it ended up being only about a couple of pounds each which given the pleasure we had from such a fantastic two weeks we thought was worth it!
Sharonh, mike_dublin and RUBY 97 like this.

Links
Old 11-10-2021, 09:29

Nice one Malcolm....we have not eaten in the Town even once, so all those names are new to me. I look forward to trying some in due course.
Old 11-10-2021, 20:05

Lovely report thanks.
Old 11-10-2021, 21:54

Loved the report, Malcolm. Reckon our holidays may well have overlapped as we were there for a week, returning on 2nd October. Looks like we've got similar favourite haunts, too! We ate at La Trencadora the first evening, and although busy, there was no need to book a table. Have dined here many times over the years, but there seemed to be a whole new management team? Recognised one of the waiters, however, and he said that the pizza chef had been there many years. Unfortunately, when our mains came out there had obviously been a mistake. I was expecting the pizza 'especial', not the lamb 'especial'! They apologised for the mistake immediately, which was fair enough. The correct 'dish' appeared very quickly...almost too quickly! I remember thinking at the time that the pizza dough base was looking rather pale, but having started our journey out to Palma at 2.00am that morning I was keen and willing to eat anything! I did suffer from indigestion for the next two days or so, which I can only put down to this unfortunate experience. Other meals during the week included our three main faves, at Onze (Q11), Cantonet and La Font del Gall. Despite not being able to visit last year, for obvious reasons, it was so good to return to these restaurants and see familiar, welcoming faces. None more so than at the Can Moixet when they realised that 'Cerveza Grande' man was back in town!!
debz1 likes this.
Old 11-10-2021, 23:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobley View Post
Have you been to Celler El Moli though?? Had dinner there on Tuesday... OMG.

We went past Cantonet several times and it was dead. I want to go in but my late mrs was vegan, current partner is diary intolerance and the menu looked very pizza based... this week I was out with my dad so i thought we'd stand a chance but alas no.
The restaurant is never dead! You can’t see the pretty terrace from the street but it is always full. They have an extensive pizza menu but we’re not talking frozen reheated stuff. Same with the giant ravioli which are thin and light with various delicious fillings. They also have a large selection of meat and fish dishes. Definitely worth a visit but you’ll need to book in the summer months. The staff are always friendly and the service efficient. One of my favourite restaurants in Pollensa
klad1 likes this.
Old 11-10-2021, 23:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmS View Post
As I stepped on the bathroom scales this morning, I was reminded of our holiday goal which was to only eat out every second night! Here’s how we achieved it... :-)

Sunday – dinner at Cantonet. Still our favourite restaurant in Pollença. The food and the service are always perfect although we probably know the menu too well now in that we’ve chosen before get there. Went without a reservation and got a table easily in the back terrace area.

Monday – dinner at R3spira. Our first visit here and we’d certainly go back. We went without a reservation, but it was busy, and we’d book the next time. The regular menu was an online QR code with specials on a bit of paper which confused us a bit to start with. Great food and excellent service.

Tuesday – BBQ at the villa with enormous kebabs from Toni at Eu Serral Gourmet – I defy anyone to walk in there and not be amazed at the selection or to walk out without buying anything!

Wednesday – Dinner at La Font del Gall. Didn’t book so had to eat inside which was no problem. Great food and service as always. Portions were really big for us, and we had three courses so suffered a bit overnight – self-inflicted though.

Thursday – ate at the villa in the evening although we did try Can Mir 1945 for tapas mid-afternoon. Service was good and the food was generally okay although our bacalao rebozado was so dripping in oil we didn’t finish it.

Friday – back to Cantonet for dinner. This table was booked. It was supposed to be our last night before going home but we’d extended for a second week so booked again for the following Friday. Great food again but our romantic dinner for two was somewhat distracted by a rather large and noisy table beside us. This was to become a theme.

Saturday – Lunch at Restaurant Marc Fosh in Palma. This was our second visit and although the first was two years ago, we were still welcomed back like regulars! The food was just amazing, and the service was great. We just think it’s a very relaxing way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Sunday – We booked a table at Q11 for dinner. Maybe we had been spoiled by the previous day, but we just felt the service wasn’t up to scratch – it was like the serving staff didn’t really want to be there. That aside the food was excellent and portion size more to our liking.

Monday – BBQ at the villa in the evening but we tried Bar Alhambra for tapas mid-afternoon. This was a first for us and having walked by it many times in the past I really don’t know why we haven’t tried it before. Both food and service were really good, and we’ll certainly be back again.

Tuesday – Another first for us – La Placeta at Hotel Sant Jordi. Whilst we enjoyed our visit, we felt the menu was quite restrictive. They did have a huge number of additional (fish) specials though. Our evening there was again somewhat spoiled by a large and very drunk, noisy table elsewhere, so we ended up not staying too long. I don’t think it’s one we would rush back to.

Wednesday – back to La Font del Gall with a booked table outside. Another fantastic meal. The two waiters there always seem to be enjoying their work and that is infectious with the customers.

Thursday – in the evening we barbequed again but sampled the tapas at Café Espanol / Ca’n Moixet in the square. The food was good, but we had difficulty in getting service to start with. Once the food came we chilled and people watched the afternoon away.

Friday – A ‘forced’ trip to PP had us enjoy a small tapas lunch at Meraki in the main square. We thought the food and the service were excellent and from our time there it seemed they had a bunch of regular customers who thought the same. In the evening it was back to Cantonet for one last time.

Saturday – another long lunch in Palma this time at the Peruvian fusion restaurant Sumaq. It was a much less formal atmosphere than Marc Fosh but some really fantastic and different food. I’d certainly go back although there are many other great restaurants in Palma.

Which reminds me – we’ve tried on more than one occasion to go to Club Tast in Palma but have yet to find it!

Aside from all the above meals we also had coffee / naranja / cerveza / rosado / coke / cakes in Numero Ocho in the square; Bar Pont Roma; Sisters Cafe(just up from Eroski), Café Calvari, and One Touch (the closet café to our villa). Our favourite was One Touch – great coffee; freshly squeezed orange juice and cakes but then the owner became very pushy at us trying to take his wine tasting session – which I’m sure would be very good – but we just wanted a quiet seat over a cup of coffee. We moved from there to Sisters which became our fav for the fortnight.

Still plenty of other restaurants to try but one that was on our list for this year but which we never got to was La Trencadora.

I’d also say we’ve never really found a good choice of café for coffee / cake / people watching in PP or Palma despite trying a few…

Great trip report..I really enjoyed reading it. Like you we love Cantonet but very sorry that the lamb chops have not been on menu our last two visits

Re coffee and cake. Have you been to Hotel Llenaire? Not only is the cake homemade and delicious, the view of the bay is breathtaking. The evening menu is also outstanding.

I’m not going to hazard a guess at what your scales registered but I’ve been here for a month so I know how you feel
Sharonh and LK1960 like this.