Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By MalcolmS
  • 2 Post By PPToni
  • 1 Post By MalcolmS
  • 1 Post By Julian Simms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-09-2021, 12:37

Default Pollensa restaurants

After our first week in Pollensa we haven't found any new restaurants, which i guess isn't too surprising given the past 18 months, but have spotted a couple of our favourites no longer around. La Fonda and El Tata don't seem to be open. Google maps suggest LF is permanently closed :-( but ET just temporarily.

However we have eaten at a few of our favourites and can report thay are all still just as good - Cantonet, Q11, Numero Ocho, La Font Del Gall and R3spira with a few more to try next week...

I've noticed a couple of other casualties though. Over the years we've bought quite a few items of pottery from Monti Sion (i think?) ceramic shop and we'd planned to replace a few breakages when were out this year. Not to be - it's no longer there. In fact Cantonet has expanded their restaurant and terrace by taking it over.

There used to be a small grocers at the bottom of the steps - don't know its name - but it was the closest to our villa so really handy. It's closed with the windows painted over so not sure if it's closed permanently or just for a refit.
Sharonh likes this.

Links
Sponsored Links
Old 26-09-2021, 15:36

The owner of the little ceramic shop passed away unfortunately hence Cantonet expanding.
Old 27-09-2021, 15:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmS View Post
After our first week in Pollensa we haven't found any new restaurants, which i guess isn't too surprising given the past 18 months, but have spotted a couple of our favourites no longer around. La Fonda and El Tata don't seem to be open. Google maps suggest LF is permanently closed :-( but ET just temporarily.

However we have eaten at a few of our favourites and can report thay are all still just as good - Cantonet, Q11, Numero Ocho, La Font Del Gall and R3spira with a few more to try next week...

I've noticed a couple of other casualties though. Over the years we've bought quite a few items of pottery from Monti Sion (i think?) ceramic shop and we'd planned to replace a few breakages when were out this year. Not to be - it's no longer there. In fact Cantonet has expanded their restaurant and terrace by taking it over.

There used to be a small grocers at the bottom of the steps - don't know its name - but it was the closest to our villa so really handy. It's closed with the windows painted over so not sure if it's closed permanently or just for a refit.
Permanently.

The two brothers who ran it have also split up, although amicably.

One has gone to a shop more or less behind the old one (old Tot Interiors shop) whilst the other one has apparently moved to somewhere near the underground parking.
Old 27-09-2021, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
The owner of the little ceramic shop passed away unfortunately hence Cantonet expanding.
Was that recent debz1? Another shopkeeper told us he had retired pre-covid and his wife (?) had kept the shop going but that at the start of the pandemic had decided to sell up...

I wish Contonet well but it's now huge and any time we've been in it's just the terrace that's full.

Links
Old 27-09-2021, 16:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Simms View Post
Permanently.

The two brothers who ran it have also split up, although amicably.

One has gone to a shop more or less behind the old one (old Tot Interiors shop) whilst the other one has apparently moved to somewhere near the underground parking.
Thanks Julian.

My guess would be it's in such a prime position it won't be long before someone takes it over.

Links
Old 27-09-2021, 16:44

Anyone know what happened to La Fonda? It was always one of our favourites and I think was family run - at least it seemed to be the same staff every time we went for years...

Links
Old 28-09-2021, 13:37

I didn't spot La Fonda disappear? I know La Posada D'Ariant has gone ( I've seen the manager working at other restaurants...)

I still miss Casa Asiatica... I'm easily pleased.
Old 28-09-2021, 14:35

I still miss Manzanas & Peras which closed a couple of years ago.
Old 28-09-2021, 14:39

Apparently, the gentleman who used to run Sa Fonda (Pedro’s son ?) has opened a new restaurant in Alcudia.

Also, and again, apparently, the couple who owned the ceramic shop are stilll alive and kicking.
Old 28-09-2021, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo66 View Post
Ditto! Although I did notice a card for Manzanas & Peras Outside Catering lying in the villa rental office the other day...

Links
Old 28-09-2021, 16:37
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo66 View Post
We went to Jimmy's bar in Pollença for their tapas night a couple of weeks back and it is Manzanas and Peras cooking the tapas.
We got talking to them at the end of the night and they said as well as doing the tapas nights at Jimmy's they mainly do private catering at villas etc now.
They were lovely people and the food was so good 👍
MalcolmS and Tangoman like this.
Old 28-09-2021, 17:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmS View Post
Was that recent debz1? Another shopkeeper told us he had retired pre-covid and his wife (?) had kept the shop going but that at the start of the pandemic had decided to sell up...

I wish Contonet well but it's now huge and any time we've been in it's just the terrace that's full.
Oh dear I’m sorry but I’m not 100% sure I’m afraid .. I was just saying what someone had told me. Did you notice the little terrace ‘a deux’ at the top of the staircase on the terrace?
Old 28-09-2021, 18:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
Did you notice the little terrace ‘a deux’ at the top of the staircase on the terrace?
We did, but the night we were there that was "smoker's corner" I'm afraid, which given we were seated directly under it was a bit annoying.
debz1 likes this.

Links
Old 29-09-2021, 10:40

After reading Debz’s comment, I asked my contact to check that what she told me was 100% correct.

She has just told me that the gentleman from the pottery shop has in fact gone to the great kiln in the sky, but doesn’t know exactly when.
debz1 likes this.