Puerto Pollensa Travel Guide
Before You Go
Flights
Package Holidays
Latest Special Offers!
All-Inclusive Hotels
Hotels & Aparthotels
Private Villas/Apts to Rent
Villa Companies
Local Rental Agents
Cruises
Car Hire
Airport Transfers & Taxis
Travel Insurance
Late Deals!
Currency
Holiday Shopping
Background Info
Language
Books
Events & Fiestas
Climate & Weather
Art & Culture
Flora & Fauna
Links
Discussion Forum
Once You're There
Maps
Airport Directions
Tourist Information
Eating Out
Buses & Trains
Music & Entertainment
Excursions & Days Out
Shopping & Markets
Kids
Beaches
Walking, Cycling
Boat Charters
Sailing/Watersports
Market Place
Boats & Yachts
Property For Sale
Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree81Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 11-08-2021, 11:14
Rockape's Avatar
*****
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Surrey
Posts: 497
Default

Is the black guys' name Julio?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #17  
Old 11-08-2021, 12:42
fil6699's Avatar
*****
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: PP and Yorkshire
Posts: 903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
Is the black guys' name Julio?
yes it was him
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 14-08-2021, 20:51
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
Is the black guys' name Julio?
Why have you brought the guys skin colour into this?
PP76 likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 15-08-2021, 00:31
*****
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Essex
Posts: 133
Default

hoopy - how would you have preferred fil6699 to quickly and simply identify the individual in question (unless there were/are several ‘people of colour’ - if we’re going to get really politically correct) working at the establishment?
charlotte, favie, El Gordo and 4 others like this.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 15-08-2021, 06:55
fil6699's Avatar
*****
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: PP and Yorkshire
Posts: 903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
Why have you brought the guys skin colour into this?
Please this has nothing to do with the issue .
If you read up I was asked if that was the man in question And to identify him the person who asked described his skin colour . and I said yes it was him. Please do not turn this thread into something it clearly is not thank you .
It is to inform people about a new and disappointing rule imposed at a once very popular beach bar .
charlotte, favie, Sharonh and 9 others like this.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 15-08-2021, 10:24
Sparky's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Port de Pollença
Posts: 19,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
Why have you brought the guys skin colour into this?
Hoopy, if i thought for one minute that this comment was racially motivated i would have removed it .

Please don`t try to cause an issue where there isn`t one .
__________________
Living the dream in PP with my glass half full. .
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 15-08-2021, 15:29
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Leigh, Surrey, UK
Posts: 192
Default

Happy to say I has a long lazy lunch at La Roca yesterday. The sardines were plump tasty and excellent. The beers were cold and the vino Roasdo excellent!!!! As ever Julio and the staff were attentive and friendly. IMO the best beach bar in the Port. Please try itand form your own opinion
Sparky, Bootledodger and Miller like this.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 15-08-2021, 17:32
fil6699's Avatar
*****
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: PP and Yorkshire
Posts: 903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Happy to say I has a long lazy lunch at La Roca yesterday. The sardines were plump tasty and excellent. The beers were cold and the vino Roasdo excellent!!!! As ever Julio and the staff were attentive and friendly. IMO the best beach bar in the Port. Please try itand form your own opinion
Glad you enjoyed it we also enjoyed it for years but when you go just for a drink you need more than 15 minuets to finish and enjoy your drink . After all its a bar not a restaurant

Last edited by fil6699; 15-08-2021 at 17:34.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 15-08-2021, 18:29
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster
Posts: 875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil6699 View Post
Glad you enjoyed it we also enjoyed it for years but when you go just for a drink you need more than 15 minuets to finish and enjoy your drink . After all its a bar not a restaurant
We get it…..we really do. It really is disappointing to have a bad experience when so many others have had a different and much nicer visit to a bar or restaurant, but it’s something I’ve seen time and time again on this forum. Every establishment has an occasional inexplicable “blip” (I’ve had my share over the years), and if you’re the one to fall foul and be “blipped” it hurts if it happens somewhere you’ve supported for so long. That said, I always believe in second chances (but definitely not third!!) and generally have found that to be a pretty decent philosophy. Everybody has an “off day”…….I know I do! LOL
Sharonh, debz1, Sparky and 6 others like this.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 16-08-2021, 08:00
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacu View Post
hoopy - how would you have preferred fil6699 to quickly and simply identify the individual in question (unless there were/are several ‘people of colour’ - if we’re going to get really politically correct) working at the establishment?
It was Rockape who brought the guys skin colour into it. It was absolutely unnecessary and the post should be deleted.

Why didn't he just say "was the guys name Julio"?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 16-08-2021, 09:36
Rockape's Avatar
*****
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Surrey
Posts: 497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
It was Rockape who brought the guys skin colour into it. It was absolutely unnecessary and the post should be deleted.

Why didn't he just say "was the guys name Julio"?
I can't quite believe what I am reading, logging on this morning! You clearly don't understand what is racist.... and what isn't!

If he was ginger haired, I'd have asked if it it was the ginger haired guy. If he had one leg, I'd have asked if he was the one legged guy!

My last comment on this.
charlotte, favie, Sharonh and 8 others like this.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 16-08-2021, 09:53
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
I can't quite believe what I am reading, logging on this morning! You clearly don't understand what is racist.... and what isn't!

If he was ginger haired, I'd have asked if it it was the ginger haired guy. If he had one leg, I'd have asked if he was the one legged guy!

My last comment on this.
Nobody accused anyone of racism but the days of identifying someone due to their skin colour, especially given his name was known are long gone in my world.

My last comment also.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 16-08-2021, 09:54
Sparky's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Port de Pollença
Posts: 19,110
Default

OK THAT`S ENOUGH Hoopy, unless you are posting about your experience on a recent visit to this bar please keep quiet and stop causing trouble .
__________________
Living the dream in PP with my glass half full. .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
La Roca Teflon Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca 10 02-06-2020 11:15
La Roca Beach Bar prattyIG8 Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca 33 08-03-2019 13:44
Unbelievable start!! jiggggy Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente 43 07-11-2013 23:12
Unbelievable but true!! BonysLad Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones 5 14-04-2011 17:23
beach peter Pollensa Photos 0 07-09-2008 06:25


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(c) Copyright Holiday Webs Ltd 2011