Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   La Lonja or Stay? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/14787-la-lonja-stay.html)

Rockape 04-08-2021 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 133647)
:confused: La Llonja doesn't have a car park!

Okay, but it looked like a carpark and I was expecting/hoping to sit in a nice spot ideally on the 1st floor. I thought they had put the tables there due to covid. :confused:

debz1 04-08-2021 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockape (Post 133649)
Okay, but it looked like a carpark and I was expecting/hoping to sit in a nice spot ideally on the 1st floor. I thought they had put the tables there due to covid. :confused:

Not sure how you could describe the beautiful terrace at La Llonja like a car park :confused: :D They only use the upstairs restaurant in the winter or in the summer if it’s raining. Are you possibly be getting the restaurant confused with La Cantina, which is open during the day at the front of La Llonja building?

PP76 04-08-2021 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockape (Post 133649)

This does not sound like the main La Llonja summer outdoor restaurant, the tables are always nicely set up and the views are lovely, the service is very friendly and food very good, looking forward to going back again on Thursday😀

Rockape 06-08-2021 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by debz1 (Post 133651)
Not sure how you could describe the beautiful terrace at La Llonja like a car park :confused: :D They only use the upstairs restaurant in the winter or in the summer if it’s raining. Are you possibly be getting the restaurant confused with La Cantina, which is open during the day at the front of La Llonja building?

No.....lol, it was definitely La Llonja! :D

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9059...7i13312!8i6656

I was almost on the yellow line!

Sparky 06-08-2021 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockape (Post 133657)

That is not a car park, it is the road leading to the yacht club.

KWUK2 06-08-2021 15:50

On visits to La Llonja, I've sometimes been seated closer than I would like to the yellow line. It does get a bit frustrating as a surprising number of cars drive up the road and then do 3-point-turns nearish to the tables. I usually find one gets a better table location by pre-booking well ahead.

My own firm favourite is Restaurant Stay; La Llonja aims to compete but it's the Stay that 'gets the gold medal' for us.

I hope to have the chance of comparing the two again in only a few weeks.

Disorderly 06-08-2021 17:37

I’ve only been to La Llonga once, out of season and in the restaurant upstairs. I was frankly very underwhelmed by the food and decor, though the service was good. Countless visits to Stay, lunchtime and evening, have rarely disappointed and we visit several times a year.

copper 06-08-2021 19:58

We have always preferred Stay since we had our courses served back to front at La Llonja !

Also I find the cars to close too you there We have had nice meals in the Yacht Club if you like a nice quiet evening lovely setting Think it was recomended to us for the Paella without all the shells !

debz1 06-08-2021 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockape (Post 133657)

You must have gone a few years ago as it looks nothing like that anymore. They have now got screens and wooden planters in front of the yellow line, so it’s not visible from the restaurant.

mallorcaboy 07-08-2021 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by copper (Post 133663)
We have always preferred Stay since we had our courses served back to front at La Llonja !

Also I find the cars to close too you there We have had nice meals in the Yacht Club if you like a nice quiet evening lovely setting Think it was recommended to us for the Paella without all the shells !

We've never eaten at the Yacht Club. Would you recommend it? I guess dress code is smart casual as per Stay and La Longa?

copper 07-08-2021 21:19

Yes would recommend it for a quiet evening especially if the port is very busy Have been several times and a beautiful setting but quiet !

debz1 08-08-2021 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallorcaboy (Post 133667)
We've never eaten at the Yacht Club. Would you recommend it? I guess dress code is smart casual as per Stay and La Longa?

The Yacht Club is a bit of a dichotomy for me. I really want to say it’s amazing, as it’s a lovely location, but I’ve never been wowed on the occasions I’ve been for dinner. It’s just ok... and that’s all I can say about it. The food doesn’t wow, there’s no friendly interaction with the waiters and the atmosphere is decidedly subdued. I thought the opening of the 360 cocktail bar would maybe give it a bit a va va voom but sadly not :(

The lunchtime menu however is a more simple with some lovely salads and tapas, and somehow the place has more of a buzz than in the evening.

klad1 12-08-2021 09:49

We love it because it is quiet. The food is good, we find the staff professional and friendly.

Rockape 01-09-2021 11:23

We returned to La Llonja last week and I have to say it felt like an entirely different experience from our one mid covid last summer. I don't think they did the set menu last time and this time four of us went for it and had a delicious meal at what worked out at around £30 each.

The terrace has planters around which softened the area, although the main street light at the back rather killed the ambient lighting when that suddenly came on.

As we went to Stay a couple of days later we could compare directly and I'd make the following scores based on these two visits only:

LL
meal 10/10
space 7/10
service 7/10
value 10/10

Stay
Meal 9/10
Space 10/10
Service 10/10
value 9/10

So Stay edges it, but LL was a special evening too.

KWUK2 03-09-2021 18:22

We're back here in PP at present. Have eaten evening meals (again) at both Stay and La Lonja.

LL has upped it's game since our last visit in 2019, but Stay continues to just edge it for us.

So we've already been to Stay twice and today I booked for a third visit for before we return home.

I must give a shout out for Iru. That's where we've had our best overall 'meal', but the other two aforementioned win for the whole evening experience and setting.