Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Hibiscus (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/14783-hibiscus.html)

Bootledodger 24-07-2021 11:29

Hibiscus

Only over for the weekend, went the Hibiscus last night for first time in...well must be knocking on for 20 years. Had the 3 course menu - 16.90euro, unbelievable value. The Frito Mallorcan was exceptional! Had test this morning at Dr Mallorca as recommended by Sparks...excellent service.

mallorcaboy 24-07-2021 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootledodger (Post 133542)
Only over for the weekend, went the Hibiscus last night for first time in...well must be knocking on for 20 years. Had the 3 course menu - 16.90euro, unbelievable value. The Frito Mallorcan was exceptional! Had test this morning at Dr Mallorca as recommended by Sparks...excellent service.

Hibiscus is a lovely restaurant that has been there for, must be, 30 years. We probably only go in once a year, although we always ask ourselves why because the food is lovely, and very good prices. Yes, the Frito is fab

icampbell15 24-07-2021 14:31

We usually go to Hibiscus once or twice during a 2 week stay. The food is always good and plentiful.
When we were last there 2 years ago, there was a new waiter who was very personable and chatty with the diners. I felt he was a positive addition to the staff.
Hibiscus was a good spot for 'people watching' too!

Has anyone visited Marc's Restaurant? We always enjoyed our visits there. I feel for Marc as he had just taken over the restaurant and then Covid happened.

joey36 18-03-2024 11:40

Hibiscus

Could anybody tell me what day of the week Hibiscus is closed during the summer. Thanks Joey36

ragdollabbi 18-03-2024 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey36 (Post 137835)
Could anybody tell me what day of the week Hibiscus is closed during the summer. Thanks Joey36

As far as I’m aware they are closed on a Thursday.

joey36 18-03-2024 11:51

Hibiscus

That was quick. Thanks

Gommar Goffer 19-03-2024 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallorcaboy (Post 133543)
Hibiscus is a lovely restaurant that has been there for, must be, 30 years. We probably only go in once a year, although we always ask ourselves why because the food is lovely, and very good prices. Yes, the Frito is fab

It's been there for at least 50 years! but under different owneships. I first went in the early 70s with my parents, when it was the top a la carte restaurant in the port. Very French, very correct!

debz1 19-03-2024 12:42

Every year we say how ridiculous that in nearly 40 years we’ve never been to Hibiscus. I’ve no idea why, it’s one of those places we walk past but never go in.
This year I’m jolly well going to go because I love Frito Mallorquín :)

mallorcaboy 24-03-2024 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by debz1 (Post 137842)
Every year we say how ridiculous that in nearly 40 years we’ve never been to Hibiscus. I’ve no idea why, it’s one of those places we walk past but never go in.
This year I’m jolly well going to go because I love Frito Mallorquín :)

You really must. The food is great and very reasonable prices