Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Montenegro (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/14612-montenegro.html)

jjacks 14-08-2020 12:38

Montenegro

Sitting here reminiscing of restaurants from the past. We loved the Montenegro. My two sons would sit and recite the same words as the waiter when he brought out the fish of the day (John Dory for one or for two) and the tray with lamb (shoulder leg or chop). Even to this day they remind me of this. Another favourite haunt was the Mibar, a tiny place on the Formentor Road. We always went there the first night for sardines and mussels. Finally you couldn't come to the Port without visiting Tangos. At that time by the side of the square. Such a great atmosphere.

Hoping we can still come out on 29th August and visit a few of our favourites and try some of the new restaurants that have opened this year.

debz1 14-08-2020 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjacks (Post 131061)
Sitting here reminiscing of restaurants from the past. We loved the Montenegro. My two sons would sit and recite the same words as the waiter when he brought out the fish of the day (John Dory for one or for two) and the tray with lamb (shoulder leg or chop). Even to this day they remind me of this. Another favourite haunt was the Mibar, a tiny place on the Formentor Road. We always went there the first night for sardines and mussels. Finally you couldn't come to the Port without visiting Tangos. At that time by the side of the square. Such a great atmosphere.

Hoping we can still come out on 29th August and visit a few of our favourites and try some of the new restaurants that have opened this year.

I can’t picture Montenegro, where was it? Remember Mibar very well and we loved it there. Red gingham table cloths! It was where we first met Yolanda and family who later opened Los Zarzales, another of our favourite haunts..suckling pig to die for:p
And of course Tango in its first location was always a special night with the live bands and dancing. Happy day :)

jjacks 14-08-2020 19:25

Montenegro was on the corner of carrer de la verge carmen and carrer de les monges. I think it is now a boat charter company.

I remember the red check tablecloths in Mibar. Such a simple restaurant, but great food.

KWUK2 14-08-2020 21:04

Re #1 - and Tangos -

I'm know for liking the Stay as my fave restaurant. But when Tango was in its original location near the square, that was easily my no 1.

Unfortunately, the times they are a-changin'

And things are changing so much that we won't be in any restaurants in PP this year; very reluctantly we have chosen to take UK Gov advice and cancel for 23 Aug onwards.

Rosie34 15-08-2020 10:15

I had my first Frito Mallorquin at Monte Negro - and very good it was! Also loved Tango in the square - seems a lifetime ago:)

STOXIE 15-08-2020 18:43

Old Restaurants

Simple food-sardines etc but our first port of call was the RAF along the front. Beer was always cold and refreshing after a flight. Not Spanish I know, but bacon eggs and chips for a snack. Became Jokers further along I believe.:)

STOXIE 15-08-2020 18:44

Good-predictive text caught me out.

Hector 15-08-2020 21:31

Had my first frito mallorquín at el pozo, which later became o lume and is now portofino. Loved it, but for a few years mallorquín food seemed to be out of fashion and we struggled to find it. Thank goodness there is more local cocina on offer nowadays.

For cold beer it would be hard to beat La Bodeguita. The glass comes out of a chest freezer and the beer forms a thin film of ice. Plus they always serve a proper, home made tapas.

We wrote this year off in April but flights booked for August 2021. Can’t wait, but my fingers will be aching from being crossed.for 13 months. At our age, life is too short to miss out a stay in PP for a whole year. Years are a precious commodity to us.

Rosie34 16-08-2020 16:06

We loved El Pozo and had my first Lomo con Col there many years ago inside on a cold October evening:)

cumberland8 16-08-2020 17:50

Had my first prawns in garlic in El pozo when Moustachio was there(or misery guts as the kids named him.