Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree25Likes
  • 3 Post By Bekki
  • 1 Post By cumberland8
  • 1 Post By kate1
  • 1 Post By Teacu
  • 2 Post By Sparky
  • 12 Post By El Gordo
  • 2 Post By pollensafan
  • 1 Post By Roy&Myra
  • 1 Post By Teacu
  • 1 Post By Sparky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2020, 20:58

Default Chez Antoine

We are a couple of doors down from Chez Antoine. It used to be Tonik Bar on Roger de Flor. This is small bar and restaurant which is owned by Chris, formally of Centric. You could not meet a friendly guy whose food is so tasty along with great value for money. The food is tapas style and they are generous with their portions. Delicious plump mussels in garlic butter is a must to try. At the moment mostly locals but as more people hear about them they are getting a few more tourists. It’s a great addition to PP we think and let’s support them if we can.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2020, 22:12

We went last night ,I cannot recommend it highly enough,if you like tapas you will love this lads grub it is excellent.Very fairly priced,French chap on his own well worth supporting.If you want the music changed he will oblige.Top Jockey
Tangoman likes this.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:14

Sounds great! - I do feel for the bar and restaurant owners who have opened new businesses in the midst of this crisis as it must be so much harder than usual to build up a regular clientele and turn any sort of profit without the support of tourists. Let's hope they all survive this season, we will certainly be there as soon as we can to support them.
Bootledodger likes this.
Old 12-08-2020, 17:28

If it’s the one I’m thinking of, I remember it before it was Tonik, when it was owned/run by an older couple. I used to pop in there for a beer on my way to buy a lottery ticket on Tuesdays and Fridays. Their were usually 2/3 locals in there having an after work drink, but it was never busy. The man would be pottering about behind the bar, and the lady would invariably be sat in front of the TV watching a Spanish version of Jeremy Kyle or similar, whilst drying/polishing cutlery. When it became Tonik, it seemed to become popular for children’s parties ..
shelf.life likes this.
Old 12-08-2020, 23:02
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacu View Post
If it’s the one I’m thinking of, I remember it before it was Tonik, when it was owned/run by an older couple. I used to pop in there for a beer on my way to buy a lottery ticket on Tuesdays and Fridays. Their were usually 2/3 locals in there having an after work drink, but it was never busy. The man would be pottering about behind the bar, and the lady would invariably be sat in front of the TV watching a Spanish version of Jeremy Kyle or similar, whilst drying/polishing cutlery. When it became Tonik, it seemed to become popular for children’s parties ..
That's when it was Bar Romero and the aircon was fierce .
El Gordo and Tommo like this.
Old 13-08-2020, 10:58

Quote:
I must be getting old!! But I did used to like those bars and restaurants that were run by their owners personally.

They have the right attitude about: quality of food, value for money, genuine friendship. Loyal customers.

Sadly few now exist, successful establishments closed or taken over by chains due to competitive pricing versus quality and service.

I feel like launching into song again... Mary Hopkins...Those were the days ...

Support these small establishments else they will disappear!

My FlickR Photos
Old 14-08-2020, 13:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I must be getting old!! But I did used to like those bars and restaurants that were run by their owners personally.

They have the right attitude about: quality of food, value for money, genuine friendship. Loyal customers.

Sadly few now exist, successful establishments closed or taken over by chains due to competitive pricing versus quality and service.

I feel like launching into song again... Mary Hopkins...Those were the days ...

Support these small establishments else they will disappear!
Leave off, If you keep that up I'll be wiping a briny tear from my eye.
and speaking of the past, I remember you and I met once in the toilet of the old El Ancla many years ago.
Oh Dear, reading that back it dosen't read well, but you get my drift.
El Gordo and Tangoman like this.

Last edited by pollensafan; 14-08-2020 at 13:45.
Old 14-08-2020, 18:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
That's when it was Bar Romero and the aircon was fierce .
I remember having a couple of drinks in there once it twice with Roy Regan and his pals. Also the menu del diamond was cheap and plentiful. The owner was called Juan, and he ran it with his wife. Loved it there.
Happy memories.
Old 15-08-2020, 12:17

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
Leave off, If you keep that up I'll be wiping a briny tear from my eye.
and speaking of the past, I remember you and I met once in the toilet of the old El Ancla many years ago.
Oh Dear, reading that back it dosen't read well, but you get my drift.
I met Many strange men in the Toilet of El Ancla.
Me Mammy warned me. But i was to Shy to go into the Ladies next door.
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 16-08-2020, 23:46

If we can get this conversation out of the toilet, after having bought my lottery ticket, on the way back I sometimes popped into another bar, a few doors away from the small Esoski local (almost opposite O’Lume/Portofino). This was run by whom I thought was the owner (a short, stocky, moustachioed man) who, when he spoke in almost perfect English, sounded quite like a Londoner, owing mainly to the fact that he had worked for many years in London, and was proud to be a supporter of the most disliked football team in the league - Millwall. The last time I was in PP (September 2019), the window frames and frontage of the bar had been painted dark grey, and it was closed. I suppose he had retired. It was a real pleasure to chat with him..
Tommo likes this.
Old 17-08-2020, 09:59
Super Moderator

Quote:
If we can get this conversation out of the toilet, after having bought my lottery ticket, on the way back I sometimes popped into another bar, a few doors away from the small Esoski local (almost opposite O’Lume/Portofino). This was run by whom I thought was the owner (a short, stocky, moustachioed man) who, when he spoke in almost perfect English, sounded quite like a Londoner, owing mainly to the fact that he had worked for many years in London, and was proud to be a supporter of the most disliked football team in the league - Millwall. The last time I was in PP (September 2019), the window frames and frontage of the bar had been painted dark grey, and it was closed. I suppose he had retired. It was a real pleasure to chat with him..
Bar Rumbo, Alonso and Xisca retired and it's now under new management .
Miller likes this.
Old 17-08-2020, 10:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Bar Rumbo, Alonso and Xisca retired and it's now under new management .
I agree regarding the previous owners.We always went there for a snack on market day. The last visit in 2019 we were led to understand that the young guy then running it was the son!