Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Restaurants closing (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/14608-restaurants-closing.html)

meg1973 06-08-2020 08:38

Restaurants closing
 
Restaurants closing ! I saw on Facebook yesterday that al fresco was thinking of closing as lack of customers aas well as restaurants along the front !? Iím still ever hopeful to get here in September but this would be a disaster as itís a sign of this epidemic and no thoughts of air bridges !
Feeling disappointed

varsp 06-08-2020 12:09

We always use Alfresco when in p.p. Tasty snacks at reasonable prices. We will be sad to see it go for good.

Sparky 06-08-2020 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by meg1973 (Post 131005)
Restaurants closing ! I saw on Facebook yesterday that al fresco was thinking of closing as lack of customers aas well as restaurants along the front !? Iím still ever hopeful to get here in September but this would be a disaster as itís a sign of this epidemic and no thoughts of air bridges !
Feeling disappointed

Quote:

Originally Posted by varsp (Post 131007)
We always use Alfresco when in p.p. Tasty snacks at reasonable prices. We will be sad to see it go for good.

I have spoken with them and they have not made a final decision yet. It is possible that they will close the doors but still continue with pre-ordered food for take away or delivery.

We will have to wait and see how things go but Louisa didn't say anything about a permanent closure, please don't jump to conclusions.

Enjay 06-08-2020 13:15

Yes, at home or on holiday we must avoid talking down the situation with self-fulfilling worries. There's little we can do here in Blighty to help our restaurant, bar, shop an holiday-complex hosts in PP.
We just hope they can weather this storm because one thing is certain, if we can move safely beyond Covid-19 by next year, they'd better stand clear of their doors or face being trampled in the stampede.

Sparky 10-08-2020 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 131008)
I have spoken with them and they have not made a final decision yet. It is possible that they will close the doors but still continue with pre-ordered food for take away or delivery.

We will have to wait and see how things go but Louisa didn't say anything about a permanent closure, please don't jump to conclusions.

Al Fresco have posted this on FB :-
Quote:

We would like to let all of our customers know that we have closed Al Fresco untill February 2021. It was a very dificult decisiůn but the current circumstances made the decisiůn for us.

We will however still be offering our Home Delivery service and Catering Service to Villas and boats etc untill 31st August please contact me directly on WhatsApp 635795430 or messenger.

We would like to thank each and everyone of you who supported us during these very strange times . We are already looking forward to a New beginning in 2021. Best of wishes to you all.

bobley 10-08-2020 13:56

I went through the square last night (old town) on a scouting mission. I would say there were about 70% of the usual crowd?

( I'd had a horrific experience in the Eroski 2 days ago where I've now concluded that the Spanish (and Germans) think wearing a mask means that no social distancing at all is required and they'll walk right up to you and brush past whenever they like.)

So I deamed it safe enough to eat out and we went to La posada d'Ariant where no one was eating. Within 20 minutes a few more tables filled up so I was pleased that my rent-a-crowd helped a bit!

lollipop 28-08-2020 08:43

IRU will close on Friday evening due to low numbers.

KWUK2 28-08-2020 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollipop (Post 131190)
IRU will close on Friday evening due to low numbers.

I feel so sad about what I'm learning. Iru, Miramar - closing 'very' early for this year - well established & historic icons of the resort. Terrible times. (And someone else mentioned reports about Sis Pins also)

Sparky 28-08-2020 12:46

I am afraid it's going to be a very long and hard winter here :(.

Rosie34 28-08-2020 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 131193)
I am afraid it's going a very long and hard winter here :(.

I feel really sorry for all the business and hotels in PP - our October flight was cancelled and the rest of the year for J2 - so if people cannot get there it is an impossible task to keep going. Hopefully, next year will be ok and really hope that the port can recover.

PPToni 31-08-2020 18:55

Corb Mari have announced they're now closed until next season 😔

Gommar Goffer 01-09-2020 12:01

Tolo's and Torre Playa have closed today.

ragdollabbi 01-09-2020 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 131212)
Tolo's and Torre Playa have closed today.

Out of curiosity, what cafe/restaurants are still open? Sadly, it sounds like not all that many :(

Sparky 01-09-2020 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdollabbi (Post 131215)
Out of curiosity, what cafe/restaurants are still open? Sadly, it sounds like not all that many :(

I won't do a list because it's changing daily but there are still plenty of places open ;).

Sparky 01-09-2020 13:16

Tiberi now closed.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:53.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(c) Copyright Holiday Webs Ltd 2011