Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree159Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2020, 19:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacu View Post
debz1 - do you know why it’s closing ?

A mixture of high rental costs and the worst season ever
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2020, 22:00

I don’t know how many years Little Italy has been open, but I would guess that for the vast majority of those years it has made a decent to very good profit (and like any responsible business, the owners would/should have kept something in reserve for a poor - ok, disastrous, season). Added to which I assume they would have received some support from the Authorities (?). So, I would suggest that the main reason they are closing is the rising rental costs, which I think has been the main contributory factor in a lot of the restaurant closures.
Old 09-12-2020, 23:52
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacu View Post
I don’t know how many years Little Italy has been open, but I would guess that for the vast majority of those years it has made a decent to very good profit (and like any responsible business, the owners would/should have kept something in reserve for a poor - ok, disastrous, season). Added to which I assume they would have received some support from the Authorities (?). So, I would suggest that the main reason they are closing is the rising rental costs, which I think has been the main contributory factor in a lot of the restaurant closures.
Sorry Teacu but i don't think you understand just how bad this year has been in PP. I honestly don't believe anyone could have been prepared for this.

Yes, rising rental costs are a factor but the lack of customers due to the virus and all the restrictions that have been implemented have been more damaging.
PP76, debz1, Golfaholics and 4 others like this.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:23

Unfortunately that is correct Sparky. And every time that the restaurants have been geared up (Stocked up) to re-open and make some money, they are shut down again by the Government. And, I'm afraid beer doesn't keep forever, most of the keg stuff has to be poured down the drain after a few weeks - probably with no refunds from the breweries, or help from the Government.

We also go to Malaga, and if you look on YouTube, you will see some really wonderful Christmas street lights and decorations now, and also the streets are packed with people, particularly in the evenings. But, you will also see that there is not a single shop open, anywhere!! Very, very sad.

I assume that most of Majorca is also like that.

But as my dear wife said tonight, lets get out there next August, God willing, and start to help with the recovery. My sons said the same, so if these darned vaccines work. hopefully we can all turn the corner.

Fingers crossed!!
Sharonh, Sparky, Brooksy and 3 others like this.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:35

A dreadful shame to hear Little Italy is closing, it has been such a shocking year for so many around the World, all in PP have done their best to keep going but this pandemic has destroyed businesses, and lives. All is crossed that these vaccines help us turn the corner and life returns to some sort of normality soon. Having spent most of the year in the Port I know how hard all these businesses tried to overcome the lack of tourists and a dismal season, hats off to all who tried to keep going and best of luck to all for the coming months - all is crossed for a bumper season in '21 when, hopefully, travel will once again be on the cards and all will be desperate to get back to the little bit of paradise that is PP.
Sharonh, PP76, debz1 and 6 others like this.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:28

Good evening.

A friend of mine recently informed me that La Parra will remain open during December and January, which I suppose is some sort of consolation.

Re Little Italy, could I suggest that maybe they have decided to move to larger premises that would allow them to stay open most of the year ?.

They already have the reputation. All it will need is for their old, and hopefully new customers to follow them there.

Merry Christmas.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:33

Sadly I think tourists returning next summer will be far too late for many businesses not to mention all the people who rely on tourism for work, be it directly with the tour/holiday companies and indirectly through property care taking and maintenance, etc.. I, like many others here, will run out of money early next year
Old 10-12-2020, 10:43
Super Moderator

And now another blow to those that have remained open.....from today we have a 10pm curfew .
Old 10-12-2020, 10:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Simms View Post
Good evening.

A friend of mine recently informed me that La Parra will remain open during December and January, which I suppose is some sort of consolation.

Re Little Italy, could I suggest that maybe they have decided to move to larger premises that would allow them to stay open most of the year ?.

They already have the reputation. All it will need is for their old, and hopefully new customers to follow them there.

Merry Christmas.

I don’t think that will happen as for most people the draw to the restaurant wasn’t just the food but the character of the place, and the beautiful location. I also can’t imagine any businesses would be thinking of expanding at this precarious time
Old 10-12-2020, 16:53

I agree with Teacu.....there must be more to it than meets the eye. They wouldn't give up that spot easily.
Old 11-12-2020, 19:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
And now another blow to those that have remained open.....from today we have a 10pm curfew .
Can we finally get a DISLIKE button please ...
Pecker up everyone the sun is on the horizon...
kazzergardner and Teflon like this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 18-01-2021, 21:58
Super Moderator

Default El Pozo.

El Pozo has closed permanently .
Old 18-01-2021, 23:16

Quote:
Wow!! I used to use it for a coffee early morning where it would be full of workies having a quick beer or brandy.
Old 19-01-2021, 10:37

Quote:
Had to find that one via google maps. What a shame!
Old 19-01-2021, 17:18

Quote:
What a shame, nice friendly bar full of atmosphere provided by locals and tourists alike enjoying a drink whilst people watching from the quaint outside tables - a good bar on the original Ruta del Tapeo as well - so sad