Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree29Likes
  • 17 Post By scotslizzy
  • 1 Post By Disorderly
  • 11 Post By hoopy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-10-2021, 10:21

Default Trip Report 30th Sept to 7th October

After a false start of coming over on 2 Sept which had to be cancelled due to us both getting Covid we finally managed our long awaited trip to wonderful PP.

Stayed at the Daina and spookily enough got the exact same room as our last stay in the hotel in 2018. Hotel great as ever and newly refurbished. Very good breakfast buffet as normal and now doing cocktails which were up to standard .

As soon as we arrived we went straight out to Hostal Bahia for our fix of garlic prawns and pam am boli with of course a couple of bottles of wine to celebrate actually getting here. Needless to say we were extremely happy and wandered back to the hotel to unpack and get some much needed sleep as we had been up since 3.00 am .Now I used to be able to drink lunchtime and nightime no bother but not anymore. We actually ended up having some tuna sandwiches with tea and coffee . I never thought I would be writing this ever !Anyway hubby did manage a couple of brandies later back at the hotel.

We ate in some of our usual places in no particular order;
Stay really enjoyed our set course menu but the wine was not good as I had forgotten to request a more palatable wine with of course in increase in charge .Will remember next time.

Bar Coral , excellent place which we had not been to in years and I must mention the Hake with Tumbet which was up there with the best food that week. Very good prices and a nice bottle of wine ,Mortix I think . Just a great wee place which we returned to for lunch on our last full day.

No 31, this place does everything right from the cocktails ,service and food. Actually suggested this place to a couple we got chatting to round the pool and they came back the next day to rave about the night they had.

Sama restaurant a new one for us as we fancied a change and glad that we picked this place . Friendly service ,good food ,we both choose pasta dishes and nice desserts. Will def return .

Cardomom City ? We had decided to have a couple of drinks in Bonys, yes its touristy and he packs you in rows but as this was the day of the heavy rain and he does have heaters, so no contest . Well after a few drinks we started getting hungry and could smell the lovely spices wafting our way so against all my instincts about eating curry in PP , we are spoiled in Glasgow with the number of good quality places for curry we decided to have a go.
I now understand why people were enthusiastic about the place. Great food and service. Will add to the list for next year.

El Posito , the starter of grilled prawns and squid. was up to its usual high standard. Hubby decided to have a steak instead of his usual fish dish and this was the only night he had a less than stellar food . It looked good enough but he said it was lacking in taste? I had John Dory and thoroughly
enjoyed it.

At lunchtime we had some snacks at the daina and a couple of takeaway sandwiches from Al Fresco.

Never went further than PP this time but will rectify next year when we are back for two weeks .

Scotslizzy
Sharonh, LK1960, El Gordo and 14 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 27-10-2021, 13:38

Excellent trip report. Great to hear you had such a brilliant time.
Old 27-10-2021, 16:00

How nice to read a Trip Report again…..endangered species. Sounds like you had a great time. Must remember to try Cardamon City.
RUBY 97 likes this.
Old 28-10-2021, 17:14

Thanks SL.

I popped out last week.
Tuesday evening Sol Y Mar which is just down from the Pollensa park. Lovely meal in a busy restaurant. We all had meat I'm sure which was lovely.

Wednesday lunch at Stay. Fantastic setting of course and some nice tapas but I Thought the service was slow. As I wasn't going anywhere or had anything to do I let it slide.

Thursday lunch at Es Guix which is a beautiful restaurant up beside Lluc which has a natural lagoon. The weather was warm enough to sit out but too chilly to have a swim. The food was lovely and the setting immense.

Thursday night I was in La Bodeguita when the Tapas came out. It was like a stampeded to get to the bar. I was stuffed so didn't have anything.

Friday Lunch was at Bodeguita which must be the best value lunch in the whole port. I had Arroz brut to start and then lamb for main. It was magnificent. Declined the bread and dessert as I would'nt have made it out at night.

Friday night was in Los Zarzales which I haven't been in in years. No idea why as it was magnificent with great service.

Bars I visited included Bar Bon Dia, Palms, La Cantina, La Bodeguita, Can Tofol, Mullys. I know them all apart from Mullys which was my first time after the transition from Mulligans. I was really impressed with the decor, furnishings and service. My favourites are La Cantina and La Bodeguita.

Home Saturday morning. A great wee trip and great to see the port so busy.
Old 29-10-2021, 10:39

Very interesting Hoopy, its so easy to stick with the dozen or so favourite restaurants, but I must try a few of those when out next week. (if still open)