Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree136Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-07-2020, 12:52

Default Trip Reports 2020 please

As some of you lucky people actually start to visit this Summer it would be lovely to read some trip reports.
It would be useful to read some feedback about what it's actually like there at the moment, in particular what effect the coronavirus restrictions may be having on your trips / how busy the beach and restaurants are etc.
I'm still trying to decide whether to book a visit for later in the year so would welcome some views to help make my mind up.
Sponsored Links
Old 21-07-2020, 17:53

Go for it! It’s not as busy, but there’s lots of restaurants open, everyone is very welcoming and you get used to wearing a mask where you need to. Just avoid busy times at supermarkets as it’s very difficult to social distance. Otherwise, YIPPEE.....we’ve been here for a week and it’s great.
Sharonh, PP76, El Gordo and 11 others like this.
Old 22-07-2020, 06:10

Our experiences are very similar. Yes it is much quieter than this time usually in July, however there are lots of restaurants open and everyone has been extremely welcoming to us. More places seem to open everyday e.g. Miramar terrace swept, cleaned and furniture out yesterday ready for it opening. Wearing your mask 😷 is just automatic where needed and is not as cumbersome as we thought it would be when it’s hot. Beach is lovely and the early morning walks down to Llenaire just stunning.
Sharonh, PP76, El Gordo and 8 others like this.
Old 22-07-2020, 08:01

I agree with what has already been said, we are having a wonderful time, as always everyone is very friendly. In most cases you are wearing the mask for a fairly short time so it’s not really a problem.
Sadly I don’t think this virus is going away quickly and we have to find the best way to safely continue our lives, this will of course be easier for some and very difficult for others.
If you are fit and healthy I would come, enjoy yourself and support PP..
Sharonh, El Gordo, Sparky and 6 others like this.
Old 22-07-2020, 10:36

My husband was out last week and has asked me to pass on his comments. Flights - these were virtually empty and he had the quickest journey ever through both Gatwick and Palma. Masks - once you get into the habit of putting them on when you leave the house they really aren't a problem. People seem to take them off when they sit down at a restaurant rather than when the food arrives. The beaches are very empty of people and look stunning - in fact, though it's so hard for businesses with no tourists, in a way he felt privileged to be there at this time. Loads of restaurants were open, including most of our favourites, and it was lovely to see the staff again. So really, the restrictions made no difference to the quality of the overall experience.
Sharonh, PP76, El Gordo and 7 others like this.
Old 22-07-2020, 17:47

Thank you all for your comments so far, they are so encouraging. I really want to be there now!! Keep posting !
Old 22-07-2020, 22:04

Little Italy busy tonight which was lovely to see. No
Sparky, mike_dublin and CharlieV like this.
Old 22-07-2020, 23:22
Super Moderator

El Posito also busy tonight when i walked by .
Old 23-07-2020, 13:42

Wink Posito

Sparky,

We are all adults you know?

Do you REALLY expect us to believe that YOU "Walked on by" ?

Naahhhhhh!!!!
debz1, sws97sdg, CharlieV and 1 others like this.
Old 23-07-2020, 14:04
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangoman View Post
Sparky,

We are all adults you know?

Do you REALLY expect us to believe that YOU "Walked on by" ?

Naahhhhhh!!!!
Yes i did because i was on my way to Geminis for drinks .
Old 24-07-2020, 08:19

I second all the comments above. Mask wearing has just become another new norm as with a lot of stuff at the moment and hasn’t bothered us a bit. It is lovely to see things slowly opening and everything has felt really well organised and safe. We are enjoying our stay just as much as we have all the other years we have been here.
Sharonh, PP76, El Gordo and 7 others like this.
Old 21-08-2020, 16:51
Administrator

Default August 2020 trip report

As requested by CharlieV, here is a report of our recent visit. I got a bit carried away so apologies now for the length LOL!

OK, so we bit the bullet, booked a last minute flight and we're now back from our trip to PP. I wanted to add our trip report to the thread just in case it is of interest to anybody.

We were last out in February, then we had a May trip cancelled, we couldn't do our June anniversary trip and a Jet2 holiday we booked for the beginning of August was also cancelled due to Covid. We really didn't expect to make it over this Summer but at the very last minute we decided to risk it and got a cheap Ryanair flight.
We could only do 8 nights as we've now obviously got to quarantine for 14 days. Our daughter will go back to school the day the quarantine ends but we were thrilled to have the time we did there.

Airports/flights.
Birmingham and Palma were both extremely quiet on our outgoing and return flights and we sailed through security at both ends in minutes.
I'd say the Ryanair flight was around 50% full on the 08.45 flight out and we could only order limited drinks and small snacks. Only a couple of people kept forgetting to keep their masks over their nose and mouths on the plane, they were having fun on the Jagerbombs.... and were luckily a few rows away from us!!
Our contact QR code was scanned on arrival at Palma without issues - it was really easy as we had prepared it a couple of days earlier and had it downloaded to our phones.

The return flight was a late one (21.35) and was even quieter with about 35 people on board. Considering it was a late flight, there was a lot of food on offer including hot meals and sandwiches.
I filled in the contact forms for our return trip as required, but this wasn't scanned or even mentioned at Birmingham Airport which was annoying considering the serious implications of the quarantine.

Car hire.
We tend to use Formentor cars and we arranged for a car to meet us at the airport which was there when we arrived.
Then Russ had an easy, leisurely drive to the port. We've only actually used the car a few times this visit, but it's got us to and from the airport so no taxi fares. We also drove to Cala Sant Vicenc, Hotel Llenaire and the big beach so was still worth having. Before our flight home we dropped it off on level 3 of the car park at the airport as normal.

Accommodation.
We stayed in Hotel Miramar's Maricel apartments this time. We booked direct with Miramar the day before we flew and booked a one bedroom apartment, pool view with extra bed. When we arrived they were as welcoming as you'd imagine. They'd given us a two bedroomed pool view apartment instead which was fabulous and we were the ONLY guests which was both a lovely novelty, but also extremely strange and a bit sad.
Having the apartment blocks big pool just for us was amazing. We even had a lifeguard, who must have been bored to tears most of the time. Hopefully we gave her a bit of entertainment with our silly holiday giddiness. Russ has dumb and dumber pool hair as well which us girls always found hilarious!

2 days before we left something happened with the heating system in the Maricel apartment block so we were asked to move to the main hotel for our last 2 nights. They gave us a second floor sea view room. This was lovely as the views from the Miramar are some of the best. The room was a lot smaller than the apartment so felt a little cramped with the three of us. We hardly spend any time in the room though so as a base it was great. They also threw in free breakfasts for us for the inconvenience of having to move all our stuff over.

General ambience.
The Port was a lot quieter than a normal August, but not as quiet as I'd imagined it would be, although towards the end of our break it did get quieter as the families with school age kids must have started to travel home.

After being there for 8 days we found that the vast majority are abiding to the mask rules. With the heat it takes a couple of days to get used to wearing them, but after that it's fine. We bought some cotton, material masks with us as well as a box of disposable ones and we've found the disposable ones to be a lot lighter and easier to wear during the day.

There was a post on the IlovePP FB group recently regarding people not wearing masks where they should be. This was aimed at tourists mainly, but we didn't see the same issues ourselves and have found people to be generally, very respectful of the rules. There were times where we did notice a few families/people not wearing masks (perhaps they didn't understand the rules or were health exempt?), so can see there could easily be times where you noticed more issues as they did.

Food.
We decided to stay room only this time so we could eat out for our meals and help out all the restaurants we could.
Russ and I are vegetarian and we've found that more and more restaurants are catering for us with many more choices than previous years. We can honestly say we didn't have a bad meal or experience anywhere.

We ate at:
Moll de Bellagio
Tiberi
Stay
Meraki
Miramar
No31
Ca les Monges
Store Formentor
The Pines
Sama
Imperial
Hostal Borras
Tierra de Fuego
La Vall
Payeras panaderia
Ambrosia
Abacco

With drinks before/after dinner at. ..
Terraza 360
Lemon bar
Bonys
Hotel Llenaire (with cake)
Daina

Activities.
With a 9 year old water baby in tow, activities are largely centred around the pool. We've done a stint at the pool every day and it's been bliss. I wouldn't say relaxing, we don't get to do that, but amazing having it all to ourselves.
We've also snorkeled at Cala Sant Vicenc, paddleboarded around the bay, had a beach day around Tamarells, been scuba diving with the Tramuntana Diving team and had a sunrise paddleboard trip with Mallorca SUP Company.

It was our first time doing scuba and we totally loved it! It was only a little lesson where we were taken out to 'Chicken Bay' just below La Fortaleza. We were taught how to use the masks, oxygen tank etc in shallow water and then swam around a little to where the floor drops away to around 3 metres. As expected, the little one did the best and took to it instantly. She swam to the sea bed and found a starfish! She got a little tired towards the end so I got out with her and Russ carried on with our instructor, swam a bit deeper and was extremely happy to see a little octopus 😁
The Tramuntana diving team are great. They're like a little family and really professional. Our daughter suffers with anxiety and needs extra support in lots of situations and our instructor Sami was very patient, explained everything to her perfectly and put her mind at rest.

The sunrise paddle trip was unbelievable! A very early 6am start for us on our final day, but totally worth it. To paddle out in the dark, when the water is so flat and still, and see the sunrise whilst floating on a paddleboard in the middle of the sea is a truly wonderful experience.
Hannah at Mallorca SUP is fab. We've used her boards and taken trips with her a few times now and never fail to have a good time. During our first lesson last year she taught us all we needed to know about the boards - mainly staying upright!! She must have taught us well as this time we were up and out on the water straight away. Our daughter loves her (and her gorgeous dogs).

We've tried to fit in as much as possible this time as we missed out on our last few trips and may not get back in October if things worsen again. We're so happy to have been able to support the local businesses though and everyone has been really lovely. I know they always are, but with the situation as it is, you would forgive them for being a bit down in the dumps, but they were far from it.

We're now back home - landed in the rain ☹️
We're reunited with our beautiful cat and dog who we've missed, as we always do. We just can't wait to get back out there as we pine for it as soon as we leave.
If anybody has any questions about our experiences then we'd be happy to try and answer them.

One day soon our plane ticket will be one way!

Love

Toni x
charlotte, debz1, LK1960 and 22 others like this.
Old 21-08-2020, 17:55

That was a cracking read and you had a really great holiday. I hope it encourages others to follow in your footsteps. Thanks for such an illuminating post.
LK1960 and PPToni like this.
Old 21-08-2020, 18:54

Thank you for such an informative post. We are due to come over 01 september for 14 nights and were starting to have a few doubts but your post has helped to re assure us. So as long as the situation doesn't get any worse we are looking forward to our holiday. We have organised high risk insurance and will man out the 14 days quarantine on our return if still necessary at that time.
LK1960 and PPToni like this.
Old 21-08-2020, 19:30

Thanks for your interesting report - you certainly managed to pack a lot of activity into your 8 days - makes me feel lazy
PPToni likes this.