Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-07-2020, 17:38

Default La Nonna.

Do we know if the beach tables at La Nonna are going to be a permanent feature or just being allowed to give them more outside tables due to coronavirus? It looks lovely and I can’t wait to give it a go sitting on the sand there!
Sponsored Links
Old 18-07-2020, 09:50

I think there is some controversy as to whether they are legal or not. alot of people are saying tables should not be allowed on the public beach.
debz1, lollipop and driftwood like this.
Old 18-07-2020, 13:39

I was surprised to see them to be honest. I have actually never eaten here in all my time of coming but we may just try it tonight and see if we can get a beach table.
Old 23-07-2020, 10:57
Super Moderator

The GOB have demanded that it is all removed.
debz1 and driftwood like this.
Old 23-07-2020, 12:43

Please correct me if I am wrong, but aren’t these the same people who demanded that the airport should be downsized and that far less tourists should be allowed to come, but at the same time were in favour of the tourist tax ?
Old 27-07-2020, 12:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
The GOB have demanded that it is all removed.
Well, they are taking their sweet time. I was shocked to see it and also the waiters have to negotiate the cycle lane on every visit, which is an accident waiting to happen!
Old 27-07-2020, 20:31

The council are waiting for the Costas to give permission to remove the tables.
Sparky likes this.
Old 28-07-2020, 17:09

Why do they need permission to remove something that didn’t have permission in the first place? Funny how things work here.
debz1, Sparky, lollipop and 1 others like this.
Old 29-07-2020, 13:53

A contact of mine who lives in PP has sent me a photo of the setup. It looks extremely nice, and personally I think it adds a bit of style to the beachfront paseo.

I can’t believe that they would plonk a few tables and chairs on the beach without asking for and being given permission by the appropriate authorities.

As far as I can see, no where in this thread does it confirm that what they have done is illegal, it only seems to be hearsay by one or two readers who apparently feel that things should remain the same as always and not praise the restaurant owners for trying to increase revenue during these difficult times.
Old 29-07-2020, 14:15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Simms View Post
A contact of mine who lives in PP has sent me a photo of the setup. It looks extremely nice, and personally I think it adds a bit of style to the beachfront paseo.

I can’t believe that they would plonk a few tables and chairs on the beach without asking for and being given permission by the appropriate authorities.

As far as I can see, no where in this thread does it confirm that what they have done is illegal, it only seems to be hearsay by one or two readers who apparently feel that things should remain the same as always and not praise the restaurant owners for trying to increase revenue during these difficult times.
The problem is that there are 3 bodies involved, GOB, Costas and local council, one may give permission but then another objects. As i understand it, because it's on the beach the Costas have the final say.
Old 29-07-2020, 20:28

We were in the Port last week and the setting does look really nice. They had new white umbrellas installed one day. I took a photo of the venue as it looked so stylish. The problem, of course, is where does it end. Can Burger King put some tables down there as well?
Old 01-08-2020, 09:11

I believe the council said No when asked by the Costas and they now await the correct authority to allow them to remove them. As Sparky says the Costas have the final say and they are not the quickest administration.
Sparky likes this.
Old 01-08-2020, 21:22

I have absolutely no vested interest, either personally or financially in this restaurant, but even so, I would be interested to know why some readers are against, or seem to be, the fact that decking, tables and chairs have been placed on the beach when, according to most reports published in this forum, the beach is practically empty, even now at the height of the season. Thank you
Old 02-08-2020, 18:44

I suppose that if every restaurant along the front was allowed to do this, then whilst walking along, the view would be somewhat impeded by tables, people, parasols etc. I personally don’t think it would be particularly attractive though I acknowledge that there are a number of beach bars along the front. Just a personal preference I guess.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
I suppose that if every restaurant along the front was allowed to do this, then whilst walking along, the view would be somewhat impeded by tables, people, parasols etc. I personally don’t think it would be particularly attractive though I acknowledge that there are a number of beach bars along the front. Just a personal preference I guess.
Well, quite! How about if every bar from Suirrell to Little Italy decided to take the same approach? We have the recent addition of La Roca, Embat and Laut, as well as Tamerells, to suit people who want to eat/drink on the beach which in my opinion is enough. Its not their land, so they are effectively squatting.
Bootledodger likes this.