Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   El Posito 2020. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/14590-el-posito-2020-a.html)

Sparky 17-07-2020 10:44

El Posito 2020.

After 9 long months we finally got to eat dinner in El Posito last night. I had forgotten just how fantastic the prawns and baby squid were and the suckling pig with it's thin, crispy crackling was amaizing :D.

mike_dublin 17-07-2020 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 130755)
After 9 long months we finally got to eat dinner in El Posito last night. I had forgotten just how fantastic the prawns and baby squid were and the suckling pig with it's thin, crispy crackling was amaizing :D.

Delighted that you're back enjoying El Posito. Did you get to sit at the bar as well? ;)

Miller 17-07-2020 11:56

Quote:

Great, much better than my sardine and tomato paste on toast!

wiggyman 17-07-2020 12:08

Quote:

That’s exactly what we had on Wednesday night, son had the John Dory in garlic. We’ve booked again !

Sparky 17-07-2020 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_dublin (Post 130756)
Delighted that you're back enjoying El Posito. Did you get to sit at the bar as well? ;)

No it is not allowed :(.

Disorderly 17-07-2020 16:51

That’s such good news......about to book! Could tell you enjoyed it! 😊🥂🍾🍷

Tangoman 18-07-2020 15:51

Please desist Sparky, cos I too am on sardine and tomato paste.

Who?

Me?

Jealous?

Bet your flipping life!!

Miller 20-07-2020 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangoman (Post 130780)
Please desist Sparky, cos I too am on sardine and tomato paste.

Who?

Me?

Jealous?

Bet your flipping life!!

Cannot seem to buy Bloater paste anymore!!

Sparky 25-07-2020 14:43

Had a lovely evening last night, 3 courses, wine, water, bread, olives and alioli for just 28.50€ pp.

Colin had prawns and baby squid to start and cod with bacon and alioli for mains, i has tumbet with fried egg to start and fillet steak in port wine sauce for mains, we were both too full to eat dessert ;).

The food and service were excellent as always, good company and a little bit of live music all made for a most enjoyable night :D.

Disorderly 25-07-2020 17:20

I think El Posito is a brilliant restaurant and we’ve had two fantastic meals there this trip. Looking forward to the next in September.

wiggyman 25-07-2020 19:07

We also ate at El Posito last night, they’ve trialed a new 3 course set menu with 3 options for starter and mains and the dessert of the day, we had one of each option from each course, Frito, Tumbet, Prawns and Squid, Cod, Steak and probably the best ever suckling pig I’ve ever been lucky to eat. Dessert was a strawberry roulade, again really good, washed down with an excellent bottle of red. Every table was booked, and it was lovely to see Toni ruling the roost again. It was our third visit of our stay, it’s without doubt our favourite in PP.

Bootledodger 26-07-2020 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiggyman (Post 130879)
We also ate at El Posito last night, they’ve trialed a new 3 course set menu with 3 options for starter and mains and the dessert of the day, we had one of each option from each course, Frito, Tumbet, Prawns and Squid, Cod, Steak and probably the best ever suckling pig I’ve ever been lucky to eat. Dessert was a strawberry roulade, again really good, washed down with an excellent bottle of red. Every table was booked, and it was lovely to see Toni ruling the roost again. It was our third visit of our stay, it’s without doubt our favourite in PP.

Oh my word...I'd be demented having to choose between Frito or Tumbet to start!!!!!!

Bootledodger 26-07-2020 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 130873)
Had a lovely evening last night, 3 courses, wine, water, bread, olives and alioli for just 28.50€ pp.

Colin had prawns and baby squid to start and cod with bacon and alioli for mains, i has tumbet with fried egg to start and fillet steak in port wine sauce for mains, we were both too full to eat dessert ;).

The food and service were excellent as always, good company and a little bit of live music all made for a most enjoyable night :D.

Sparks: are the intending doing this throughout the season or just short term - I presume they are still doing menu del dia each lunchtime?

Sparky 26-07-2020 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootledodger (Post 130891)
Sparks: are the intending doing this throughout the season or just short term - I presume they are still doing menu del dia each lunchtime?

I think it was just a trial for one night and yes MDD is still on at lunchtimes ;).