Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Pimientos del padron in Puerto Pollensa (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/14369-pimientos-del-padron-puerto-pollensa.html)

Lorenzo 03-09-2019 09:31

Pimientos del padron in Puerto Pollensa

We can remember in years gone by having a starter of pimientos del padron to share where a few of the little peppers would be HOT enough to blow your head off! In particular the ones served in the lovely Neptuno bar or the Fortalesa restaurant always had a few really hot ones mixed in.
More recently, all the peppers have been very mild in our experience. That was until last night when we shared a plate of them at Laguna Bar Pool & Bistro. Wow! Some of the pimientos were tongue-tingling fiercely hot! Not sure what they would rate on the Scovel scale but take care if you order them there. They were delicious! :p

Sparky 03-09-2019 11:00

I know what you mean Lorenzo, you rarely get the hot ones now. I was told by a Spanish lady that authentic Pimientos del padron are only grown in Galicia so that's why. We used to love playing Russian Roulette in Neptuno :eek:.

car77 03-09-2019 11:11

Yes I agree - We haven't had a hot one in years!! In fact we've stopped having them now as the the excitement has gone!!

cumberland8 03-09-2019 11:23

I remember having to lay on the pavement outside Neptuno one evening with 2 jugs of cold water took about 40 mins to recover,those were the days.

Lorenzo 04-09-2019 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cumberland8 (Post 127833)
I remember having to lay on the pavement outside Neptuno one evening with 2 jugs of cold water took about 40 mins to recover,those were the days.

Cumberland you might need three jugs of cold water if you try some of the pimientos del padron at Laguna!! :D:D:D

pollensafan 04-09-2019 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 127831)
I know what you mean Lorenzo, you rarely get the hot ones now. I was told by a Spanish lady that authentic Pimientos del padron are only grown in Galicia so that's why. We used to love playing Russian Roulette in Neptuno :eek:.

Ah, those were the days madam "S".

I recall one night in the old neptuno where the family on the next table had a plate and the chap I assumed to be the father was laughing at the others along the lines of they were making a fuss about nothing.
Then he obviously picked a hot one.
I kid you not, he went so red I thought he was going to explode.
Happy days indeed.:D

kate1 05-09-2019 09:57

I've never managed to get a hot pimiento in the many years I've been ordering them - however, my daughter did last week but I'm struggling to remember in which restaurant - think it might have been Stay where they serve them as an accompaniment to a steak dish. It wasn't mindblowingly hot though (having said that, she is someone who orders extra chillis with a Madras - think her mouth is lined with asbestos....) Interesting that Lorenzo also got a hot one, maybe this year's crop is spicier?