Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Best restaurant for mallocan cuisine. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/14361-best-restaurant-mallocan-cuisine.html)

Tommo 26-08-2019 18:39

Best restaurant for mallocan cuisine.

Hi all. Thanks for the replies, re sardinas. Could I now ask for recommendations for you favourite restaurant for local cuisine?. Plus, if you don't mind, your best place for steaks. Cheers all.

RUBY 97 27-08-2019 09:47

Here are my 3 favorites for local cuisine, Cella la Parra, C'an Ferra, and El Posito, you cannot go wrong for authentic local dishes at any of these. Enjoy!

Tommo 27-08-2019 09:53

Thanks Ruby. We regularly eat at Can Ferar and it's always lovely with Toni and Martin, who tells me he's retired lol. We took some friends there in April for the first time and I'm glad to say they thoroughly enjoyed it. Been cellar Perar in the past but never tried El position, so that's on our list for October. Thanks again. Ed

Sparky 27-08-2019 11:10

Love El Posito but Hibiscus is also very good ;).

Tommo 27-08-2019 11:28

Hi Sparky. I remember you mentioned El Posito in the past. What's your favourite dish. I like things like suckling pig, pork and cabbage and stews like Arroz brut. Anne likes fish. Cant wait till get back to PP. CHEERS ED.

Julian Simms 27-08-2019 12:42

When I want to treat myself to some “authentic” local food, I head off to C’an Amer or C’an Ripoll in Inca. Seems a long way but I either go or come back via Lluc, so kill two birds with one stone.

I understand that the lady who taught the present chefs in La Parra to cook Mallorquin food is English !

When I am over next, I will ask to try their black pudding !

Sparky 27-08-2019 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommo (Post 127759)
Hi Sparky. I remember you mentioned El Posito in the past. What's your favourite dish. I like things like suckling pig, pork and cabbage and stews like Arroz brut. Anne likes fish. Cant wait till get back to PP. CHEERS ED.

They do lovely suckling pig but no pork and cabbage, stews are only on at lunchtime. Anne can have cod with peppers or bacon and alioli or with sobrasada and honey, i prefer John Dory to cod and love it cooked with caramelised onions and pine nuts, they also do it baked with garlic ;).

mike_dublin 27-08-2019 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 127761)
They do lovely suckling pig but no pork and cabbage, stews are only on at lunchtime. Anne can have cod with peppers or bacon and alioli or with sobrasada and honey, i prefer John Dory to cod and love it cooked with caramelised onions and pine nuts, they also do it baked with garlic ;).

You made me hungry now ;)

Catwoman 27-08-2019 15:35

El Posito is my favourite. The family love the suckling pig and I always have the fish. Never had a poor meal there. Very popular so do book!

copper 27-08-2019 17:43

Definately thought the Suckling Pig st El Posito was the best we had had when we were there in June and hope to be back there in a few weeks time !

wiggyman 27-08-2019 17:48

We're booked in to El Posito for this Thursday, have pre ordered the rabbit with caramelised onions based on the recommendations of the couple we sat next to last week, they eat there 2-3 times a week apparently, will give an undate once we've rated it. Our favourites from previous are Sucking pig, John Dory, and the baby squid and prawns.

jat 27-08-2019 20:52

We love C`an Ferra , La Bodequita and Los Zarzales.

cumberland8 27-08-2019 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian Simms (Post 127760)
When I want to treat myself to some “authentic” local food, I head off to C’an Amer or C’an Ripoll in Inca. Seems a long way but I either go or come back via Lluc, so kill two birds with one stone.

I understand that the lady who taught the present chefs in La Parra to cook Mallorquin food is English !

When I am over next, I will ask to try their black pudding !

Can Amer is our favourite truely authentic