Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2019, 09:51

Default Nic0's/marc's homemade style

We have been coming to Nico's (which has recently changed its name) for many years and have always had good meals and excellent service. However, my daughters went with some friends last night and had a pretty disastrous experience: over an hour's wait for their main course, half an hour for dessert, nachos apparently nothing like as good as they used to be and a very poor steak.Staff seemed less attentive and friendly than they used to be. The restaurant was half-empty on an August Saturday evening, which suggests to me that others have voted with their feet. Were my girls just unlucky, or does this chime with the experience of others? Will be so sad if we have to strike Nico's off our must-do list, but with so many other great restaurants in the Port I'm reluctant to waste an evening on a sub-standard meal just for old-times' sake.....If on the other hand, it was just a one-off (and every restaurant has a bad night now and again), I'd be happy to give them another try.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2019, 11:33

This season Marco bought out his partner, he has remodelled the restaurant, maybe not to everyone's taste! And, although 'front of house staff' have not changed dramatically, service seems to have become a problem.

I believe that they have had a change in kitchen staff, losing his long standing chef/cook. I think that this underlies the problem.

He certainly needs to find a solution! else Marc's will not survive.

My FlickR Photos
Old 11-08-2019, 12:01

Kate,
We have been several times since the renaming, the food and service was as good as usual, hopefully your daughters experience was just a one off.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
This season Marco bought out his partner, he has remodelled the restaurant, maybe not to everyone's taste! And, although 'front of house staff' have not changed dramatically, service seems to have become a problem.

I believe that they have had a change in kitchen staff, losing his long standing chef/cook. I think that this underlies the problem.

He certainly needs to find a solution! else Marc's will not survive.
That was my daughters' thought - that it was a different chef. Some of the meals bore little resemblance to the previous high quality. What a shame.
El Gordo likes this.
Old 11-08-2019, 17:36

As a family we too have been visiting Nicos for many years. At the beginning of the season there were a few hiccups but recently we have found it to be as good as ever. It’s still one of our favourite places to visit. Service is however a little slower than it used to be which is fine if you’re not in hurry. We love visiting and really hope Marcos does well. He deserves to, he puts his heart and soul into it!
PP76, sws97sdg, El Gordo and 1 others like this.
Old 11-08-2019, 18:51

The best way is to try it, which we will do next visit, as I have said before we have been going there since the kids were small, as the are now 30 and 27 that is quite a few years, since they were on the Pine walk, I hope Marcos will iron out any issues as their food has always been outstanding, I will post review when we get back

On island time!!
Old 11-08-2019, 19:53

We have visited Nico's a number of times each year over the last 16 years and were pleased that Marcos had taken over and made the restaurant what he wanted to.
We ate here 4 times in June and found the food excellent and the service really good. I would suggest that this was a one off and suggest trying it again. As with all restaurants, food is subjective and we would much rather visit Nico's than any Grupo Boulevard restaurant.
Sharonh and Lorenzo like this.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
The best way is to try it, which we will do next visit, as I have said before we have been going there since the kids were small, as the are now 30 and 27 that is quite a few years, since they were on the Pine walk, I hope Marcos will iron out any issues as their food has always been outstanding, I will post review when we get back

I can remember when Nicos was where Ambrosia now is, but its never been on Pine Walk
sws97sdg, Lorenzo and Stevo66 like this.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
I can remember when Nicos was where Ambrosia now is, but its never been on Pine Walk
Yes that’s where I meant, it’s almost on the Pine walk, that end anyway

On island time!!
Old 12-08-2019, 15:30

We’ve been a couple of times this summer. Food on both occasions really good but service was quite slow we thought. We will keep going as we’ve been loyal customers for many years and they have been unlucky loosing their long standing chef. We hope they manage to sort out this issue as they really deserve success.
Sharonh, PP76 and El Gordo like this.
Old 12-08-2019, 19:33

It was originally round the corner from the old bowling alley, then ambrosia and then to the present premises which is owned by Marcos Mum.
Old 13-08-2019, 08:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP76 View Post
It was originally round the corner from the old bowling alley, then ambrosia and then to the present premises which is owned by Marcos Mum.
I don't rememberit when it was near the bowling alley but do remember it in the Ambrosia location which for a short time after they moved became a Diablito's from memory.
debz1 and sws97sdg like this.
Old 13-08-2019, 11:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
I don't rememberit when it was near the bowling alley but do remember it in the Ambrosia location which for a short time after they moved became a Diablito's from memory.
Me neither but I used to love taking our children to the bowling alley.

The good old days
sws97sdg and snowy2007 like this.
Old 13-08-2019, 11:56

Don’t remember the bowling alley, where was that?

On island time!!
Old 13-08-2019, 13:38

At the back of Naciente ...so sort of where the large Chinese shop is now.
snowy2007 likes this.