Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Bar Mallorca - Cala Sant Vicenç (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/14301-bar-mallorca-cala-sant-vicenc.html)

HarrysDad 15-07-2019 12:08

Bar Mallorca - Cala Sant Vicenç

We had lunch a few days ago at Bar Mallorca (and in truth have been going there for quite a few years). From the outside you’d not expect much, it’s a beach bar/shack next to the car park, but looks can be deceiving.

It’s normally quite busy and getting a table can be hard not least because there’s always a lot of Spanish people eating/drinking there - not a bad sign.

The welcome is exactly what you’d expect for Mallorca, very friendly, they love kids and have a great sense of humour.

The food is way better than you’d expect, it looks like it’s the kind of place that will serve reheated hotdogs, ropey burgers and frozen pizza but the food is great.

Portions are huge, it all tastes fresh, some of the best grilled squid I’ve had on the island and we keep going back. In fact we’re going there again today! Highly recommended

El Gordo 15-07-2019 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarrysDad (Post 127352)
We had lunch a few days ago at Bar Mallorca (and in truth have been going there for quite a few years). From the outside you’d not expect much, it’s a beach bar/shack next to the car park, but looks can be deceiving.

It’s normally quite busy and getting a table can be hard not least because there’s always a lot of Spanish people eating/drinking there - not a bad sign.

The welcome is exactly what you’d expect for Mallorca, very friendly, they love kids and have a great sense of humour.

The food is way better than you’d expect, it looks like it’s the kind of place that will serve reheated hotdogs, ropey burgers and frozen pizza but the food is great.

Portions are huge, it all tastes fresh, some of the best grilled squid I’ve had on the island and we keep going back. In fact we’re going there again today! Highly recommended

It's certainly worth the walk over Siller Pass for lunch. if your stuffed you can always get the bus back! :cool:

prattyIG8 16-07-2019 12:55

Hi, I was wondering if you can let me know how the building work is in Cala St Vincente now? I heard a few comments about it still being ongoing in spring. Is it now finished/suspended for the summer? Can you use the car park? Sorry for all the questions.

I really fancy doing the Siller Pass walk from Siller to Cala St vincente too so any advice on this would be great. Would be taking two children along.

Any advice greatly received. Thanks.

HarrysDad 16-07-2019 16:17

The only building work we saw yesterday was where they appear to be building a new hotel at the side of the car park next to the Molins hotel. Can’t remember what was there before but the building work doesn’t affect anything.

The car park is open and everything is as normal in the sleepy little town. Haven’t done the walk myself yet as the kids are two young but it’s something we want to do when they’re bigger.

Luckjon 18-07-2019 10:11

#3 Pratty...

this website has a step-by-step guide for the walk

Walk from Port Pollensa to Cala San Vicente - Things To Do In Puerto Pollensa - Mallorca

All the infrastructure work in CSV has been completed and it is a real improvement (except the toilets at Cala Molins which were supposed to be included but still look shabby). The new TUI hotel is still under construction but the major noisy work is suspended until end of the season