Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Review / Recommendation - Tamarells (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/14297-review-recommendation-tamarells.html)

HarrysDad 12-07-2019 19:36

Review / Recommendation - Tamarells

If you don’t know, Tamerells is a beach bar/restaurant a little bit along the beach from the marina, near where the giant Pollensa Park hotel is but don’t let that put you off.

We’ve stopped there for lunch a few times now, by the time we get from our villa to the beach parking any closer to the port is impossible so we have to be further out but that’s fine for us as it’s less crowded.

You might expect a beach bar to be a bit poor - average food, high prices, long waits etc but it couldn’t be further from the truth.

Fantastic friendly welcome, plenty of seating and after a morning in the hot sun they get your drinks very quickly.

The menu has the usual things of sandwiches, pizza, burgers etc but it’s not frozen mass produced rubbish, it’s great quality, generous portions and clearly made fresh.

Order a chicken sandwich and expect a treat! One of the tastiest “club” sandwiches I’ve had in years.

Today I seemed to be craving plants (a week of dodging anything green has taken its toll) so ordered the chicken salad. So tasty and left me full!

The beer was cold, the kids were very happy with spaghetti and hot dogs and if we weren’t worried about all falling asleep we could have stayed for hours.

Very highly recommended, I believe David Cameron even had lunch there once.

copper 12-07-2019 22:32

Service used to be awful there We stopped going there because it was so slow we spent longer trying to get lunch than on the beach !

car77 13-07-2019 19:50

"Service used to be awful there We stopped going there because it was so slow we spent longer trying to get lunch than on the beach ! "

Copper that's exactly why we haven't been in years. Have waited ages for very surly service in the past.

I love the position and the look of the place though so will definitely give it another go next month Harrys Dad.

HarrysDad 13-07-2019 22:30

Obvs I can only comment on how it was when I was there, and school hols for most haven’t started yet so it’s only going to get busier but I thought it was good, and even if it was busy, the chicken sandwich is worth a wait!

copper 13-07-2019 22:34

The New Embat beach Bar opposite the road up to the Guardia Civil and the Childrens playpark have very pleasant staff an very good service

We always felt Tamerells stood out as the only place in the Port where you didnt get friendly service Perhaps now they have a bit of competion in the area with SeaBar and Embat they are changing their attitude !

P&C@29 15-07-2019 09:33

WE have been going to Tamarells for the past 10 years (2 x 3 weeks) and as we go there most lunch times for a beer we have got to know the staff who have always been courteous but that is not always the way with customers. Pulling tables together without asking, clicking fingers to get attention, or worst of all we saw last year a man shouting, you over here! So sometimes they get upset at how they are spoken to! I worked in food retailing all my working life and the way we got treated was just as bad, Joe Public should think would I like to be spoken to like that. Just a thought.

pollensafan 17-07-2019 14:05

Ah, Dear old Tamarells. Now unless I'm losing my marbles, it was/is part of Pollensa Park hotell as are the staff. Went there on and off over the years and the food was very hit and miss. Rocky, for those who know him was a waiter there for some time. The thing that always made me laugh was the head waiter. The serving of food was very regimented to the clock. As I recall it was either 12.30 or 1.00 can't remember which, but he would stand there looking at the time with an armfull of menus and the look on his face was as if to say " I have the menus and your not having them untill it's time" also, if you asked for beer and olives before the official lunch time you could have a small sealed tin but not the loose ones. :confused:
Oh well, Happy Days.:)

El Gordo 17-07-2019 18:35

Sorry to go off track but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollensafan (Post 127371)
Ah, Dear old Tamarells. …... Rocky, for those who know him was a waiter there for some time.....s.:)

Yes Rocky was a star, he later moved to El Ancla and nowadays is at the Illa'Dor. Always had a joke and had time for you. :cool: