Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Club Nautica/Yacht club (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/14280-club-nautica-yacht-club.html)

hoopy 03-07-2019 07:16

Club Nautica/Yacht club

Friend of mine phoned me from here last night proclaiming it to be the best food he's ever eaten. He was really taken with the place and it's stunning setting saying the staff couldn't have been nicer.

Yes, we have been on a couple of occasions but I can't really remember what it was like.

What's other opinions on it?

PP76 03-07-2019 08:28

We think it is excellent and a lovely setting.

copper 03-07-2019 08:56

We really like it there but missed it this trip but will be back in September Too many good restaurants !

It is an oasis of calm if everywhere is busy as well We went there originally as it was recommended on here for the Blind paella which was great Feel might have had Duck and Lamb there all great

Would recommend

PPToni 03-07-2019 09:27

We had our wedding reception there last year and we really like it. As long as Philipe isn't stressed everything's fine ;)
We sampled lots off the menu and the food is really good. Perfect spot too.

There is also going to be a cocktail bar opening there, apparently in the next few days, called Terraza 360. Don't have any further details at the moment but I reckon it may be a nice touch, as long as it doesn't ruin the peaceful mood there already.

hoopy 03-07-2019 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPToni (Post 127214)
We had our wedding reception there last year and we really like it. As long as Philipe isn't stressed everything's fine ;)
We sampled lots off the menu and the food is really good. Perfect spot too.

There is also going to be a cocktail bar opening there, apparently in the next few days, called Terraza 360. Don't have any further details at the moment but I reckon it may be a nice touch, as long as it doesn't ruin the peaceful mood there already.

That's interesting. Could be another fantastic addition to the port.

scotslizzy 05-07-2019 13:59

Great spot for Lunch

We never miss a lunch at the Yatch Club as its a nice setting away from the hustle of the main area. Also had a nice set menu there a couple of years ago but cant remember seeing this on offer in May when we were over.

Scotslizzy

jonquet 05-07-2019 15:10

Regarding the cocktail bar, yes it is opening soon. From the cantina on the other quay you can see the building work taking place.
Biel, the award winning cocktail maker, 2nd place last year in Barcelona for his negroni has left his employment at Jimmy's in Pollenca to move there.

I shall be trying them out next month!!

kate1 05-07-2019 16:24

I've never eaten in the 'posh' part of the Yacht Club but we have had many, many lunches over many years in the more informal cafe next door - I assume they must share the same kitchen. We think the food is great, especially the paella. Really fresh seafood, and generous portions. And it's a million-dollar view (or it will be when the builders have finished the cocktail bar). I'm sure a lot of people assume this place is members only as it's never very busy, certainly compared to Stay, yet the views are just as lovely. It's also really nice for a pre-supper drink, especially in winter when so much else is closed (and they have a wood burning stove so it's usually warm in there!)

romanb 06-07-2019 14:49

We have eaten in both parts of the restaurant many times over the years and agree it is a lovely location we especially like the sea food paella there. As we often visit out of season it is a lovely place for lunch when as Kate says not a lot else is open.

Julian Simms 06-07-2019 18:34

Kate, are you referring to La llonja ? I was always under the impression that it was a separate business.

The yacht club restaurant is great, especially in the evenings.

I do, though, try and avoid going on the weekends when it tends to get very busy with club members and their families.

debz1 07-07-2019 17:11

Love the yacht club for lunch and dinner but I wasn't aware there were two parts to the restaurant? :confused:

Lorenzo 07-07-2019 17:20

The dining area inside and outside under the big gazebo, where the tables all have table cloths are a bit more formal. You can have a la carte food here or choose from the set menu.

The tables inside by the bar area and nearer to the pool which do not have table cloths offer a less formal menu, with more snack options.

kate1 07-07-2019 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian Simms (Post 127266)
Kate, are you referring to La llonja ? I was always under the impression that it was a separate business.

The yacht club restaurant is great, especially in the evenings.

I do, though, try and avoid going on the weekends when it tends to get very busy with club members and their families.

No, I did mean the Yacht Club restaurant (at least the part which contains the bar, which is the only bit I've eaten in), which is attached to the actual club (which is of course for the use of members only). As far as I know it doesn't have any connection with La Llonja. The less formal part does snacks, paella etc at lunchtime but I don't think it serves food in the evening.

Julian Simms 11-07-2019 19:10

Hi Kate, I see what you mean. I suppose that bit could be classified as a snack bar and the other end a restaurant.

I normally go in the evenings when the snack bar appears to be closed.

As far as I know, the club premises are open to the general public. The only parts that are not are the swimming facilities. Having said this, there is a security man at the entrance who presumably gives people the once over before allowing them to proceed.

Fifer 07-08-2019 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian Simms (Post 127311)
Having said this, there is a security man at the entrance who presumably gives people the once over before allowing them to proceed.

Have never eaten there but have noticed the security man when strolling out that way. Is there a dress code that might result in getting turned away? I never take long trousers in August. Might give it a try as an alternative to Stay when out there week after next.

And does anyone know if they cater for vegetarians?