Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Nico's rebranded, now Marc's. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/14169-nicos-rebranded-now-marcs.html)

kate1 24-03-2019 16:59

Nico's rebranded, now Marc's.

Rumours abound online that Nico's is being rebranded, not only with a new look but with a new menu not featuring Tex Mex so heavily - does anyone know exactly what is going on? I can understand that they might want to modernise, but I really hope they keep at least some of the Tex Mex options and also their very comprehensive gluten-free menu. Any info would be much appreciated!

PP76 24-03-2019 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate1 (Post 126180)
Rumours abound online that Nico's is being rebranded, not only with a new look but with a new menu not featuring Tex Mex so heavily - does anyone know exactly what is going on? I can understand that they might want to modernise, but I really hope they keep at least some of the Tex Mex options and also their very comprehensive gluten-free menu. Any info would be much appreciated!

Nico’s is being rebranded and refitted, it will still be run by Marco and will still have tex mex but also a wider menu. It will have a new name but that is for Marco to announce, looking forward to seeing all the improvements.

Sparky 24-03-2019 18:15

Yes i have seen the posts on FB, we will have to wait until it opens for menu changes but i always thought it was a very successful set up so hope it doesn't affect it :confused:.

martinchip10 24-03-2019 23:20

Interesting. Nico's has always been one of our favourite restaurants for the last 15 years. It is always our choice for the first, middle and last night of each holiday.
I suppose the restaurant could do with a bit of a make over on the menu.
If Marcos is still managing the place it will still be a great place to go.

sws97sdg 25-03-2019 09:11

Always loved Nico's, the kids especially, we used to go when it was still on the front, hope they keep all the veggie and GF stuff!!

Sparky 27-03-2019 12:03

New name is "Marc's Restaurant", it has a FB page which says it is opening soon and is "Home made style" ;).

El Gordo 27-03-2019 15:59

I believe Marco has bought out his partner in the business, hence the change of name and opportunity to renovate, rebrand and improve what was a very good restaurant. :D
We wish Marco and his fantastic staff good luck for the future. :cool:

martinchip10 30-03-2019 23:02

I assume that his partner was Cisco?
Very friendly chap married to a Scottish lady.
We love Nico's and Marcos so will continue to visit.
Will be strange but will always be Nico's to me and Debs.

Loz_eq 05-04-2019 13:56

Marc’s Restaurant

Has anyone got any more info regarding Marc’s Restaurant in The Port, following it’s opening party yesterday? We are coming over in June and wondered if it would be worth considering! Menu/pricing etc - any info will be appreciated :)

Sparky 05-04-2019 14:29

I don't think the menu and prices have changed much ;).

PP76 05-04-2019 21:16

We had a lovely dinner at Marc’s tonight the menu and pricing is very similar to Nico’s.
Those who previously liked Nico’s will not be disappointed and if you have not been before you should try it.

jat 09-04-2019 17:56

I`m so glad to hear that , as we are coming over on Saturday and it is a long established favourite of our son :)