Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Best 5 Bars in PP 2018 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/14021-best-5-bars-pp-2018-a.html)

Hanser 09-09-2018 22:03

Best 5 Bars in PP 2018

With full acknowledgement to mwc

Rules (copied from mwc) are as follows:

1. You must have been to the bars you are voting for this year (2018).

2. You must vote on a maximum of 5 places ONLY that are within PP, though you can vote for less than 5 if you wish.

3. Vote from 1st being the best & so on to 5th, NO joint decisions please just 1st to 5th.

4. Points awarded are 5 points for first, 4 points for second, 3 points for third, 2 points for fourth & 1 point for fifth.

5. We all like bars for very different reasons i.e , location, atmosphere, service etc. So once you have had your final visit this year please take 2 minutes of your time to vote, but keep to the rules above as to avoid confusion & watch as the voting unfolds over the coming months.

Gommar Goffer 10-09-2018 09:27

I have to admit that I tend to frequent bars for their location and as a lone resident I like to have a good view to enjoy. I must try out some of the back street bars that everyone recommends at some point.

My current favourites are-

1 - Swing for a fabulous view and the best olives.
2 - Bar Aries for it's convenient location to me, good value and local atmosphere
3 - Cantina eu Moll - good location for boat watching but service can be a bit slow
4 - Tecun. a nice spot for people watching.
5 - Norai - as per Tecun

Shaun&Caro 11-09-2018 07:51

Our 'top five' changes according to our mood, the time of year, and who is still open / trading. But here goes:

1. Norai - pintxos during the day and music by night, plus people watching by the marina
2. Llenaire Hotel - OK, not really a bar, but the views of the bay are unparalleled and the gin and tonic club is a winner. Worth a drive / taxi if you've never been.
3. Bony's - not everyone's cup of tea but we always pop in and watch the human traffic going by in the square
4. Yacht Club - underrated in my view. Lovely spot and very relaxed.
5. Bodeguita - it's around the corner from home and as traditional as you can get. A bit off the beaten track so struggling a little at the moment :(

Please feel free to disagree (in a nice way), and introduce me to somewhere I am yet to discover.
shaun

Hanser 11-09-2018 20:37

Bony's - If there were two Bony's that would be too much but one is just what is needed

La Bodeguita - For sunset, for the football, for the tapas

The White Rose - When Dennis is in the building. Impressive Elvis.

Pascalino's - One of the best sea views on the Pine Walk. Also the coldest beer in the coldest glasses

Unknown - Away from it all. No idea what it's called or if you are actually supposed to drink there but I'll share my secret. Chilled music and it's here: https://goo.gl/maps/h3Qn6M5gr1n

Sparky 11-09-2018 22:01

Sorry but how can you count a vote for somewhere that doesn't seem to have a name? :confused:.

its cd 11-09-2018 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanser (Post 124430)
Bony's - If there were two Bony's that would be too much but one is just what is needed

La Bodeguita - For sunset, for the football, for the tapas

The White Rose - When Dennis is in the building. Impressive Elvis.

Pascalino's - One of the best sea views on the Pine Walk. Also the coldest beer in the coldest glasses

Unknown - Away from it all. No idea what it's called or if you are actually supposed to drink there but I'll share my secret. Chilled music and it's here: https://goo.gl/maps/h3Qn6M5gr1n

This is the chiqueringo located just by the far harbour wall I think it is owned by the yacht club - but please letís not discuss it too much as we thought it was our secret 😀

its cd 11-09-2018 22:44

1 La Batucada
2 The chiqueringo near the harbour wall
3 store Formentor
4 lemon lounge
5 rustic

Gommar Goffer 12-09-2018 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by its cd (Post 124432)
This is the chiqueringo located just by the far harbour wall I think it is owned by the yacht club - but please letís not discuss it too much as we thought it was our secret 😀

I found this a couple of months back but was unsure if it was open to the public. it's opening times seem a bit odd.

Hanser 12-09-2018 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 124436)
I found this a couple of months back but was unsure if it was open to the public. it's opening times seem a bit odd.

If you always carry a coil of rope, no-one will ask

Sparky 12-09-2018 09:44

Quote:

Maybe it's for the fishermen, like a kind of social club ;).

Lorenzo 12-09-2018 12:00

My votes for best Bars in Puerto Pollensa:-

Rustic Cafe
La Bodeguita
Norai
Hostal Borras
Yacht Club

its cd 12-09-2018 13:48

Quote:

We have always been made very welcome

Teflon 24-09-2018 21:37

1. Ca Les Monges - great new bar with, great service, great prices, great views and great for people watching. What more could one ask for??
2. The Illa Dor Bar - would be number 1 as the views back across the bay are stunning and the service is great but €5.10 for a large beer?
3. Cantina Eu Moll - nice place to watch the boats come into and out of the Marina
4. Sea Bar Is - elevated sea view and good friendly service.
5. Norai - would be higher but just not the same without its music licence

animagic21 25-09-2018 12:27

Where is Ca Les Monges, please? Thanks!!

MPH133 25-09-2018 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by animagic21 (Post 124599)
Where is Ca Les Monges, please? Thanks!!

next to las faroles on the sea front

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...225!4d3.081665