Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2018, 19:02

Default Pollensa restaurants

My son and his young family will be staying close to Pollensa (old town) in a few weeks time. Can anyone please recommend some reasonably priced restaurants. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-04-2018, 21:27

Cantonet is the best, and in my view reasonably priced given the quality of food.

If you’re on a tighter budget try La Trencadora, which is a pizzeria but has an extensive menu that suits most tastes.

As a general rule the restaurants in the main square charge a premium for the venue, so it can be better to explore slightly further afield. That said, Il Giardino and Q11 are consistently well reviewed so worth considering.
debz1 likes this.
Old 15-04-2018, 21:33

Casa Asiatica! 3 of us last week in there last. Ate like kings. €39 incl 4 pints of San Miguel (€2.50 a pint). I'm easily pleased!

Also, Club Pollença on tapas night. (I need to get my membership sorted - then its even cheaper.)

Cantonet does look loverly though. Maybe for my birthday. We were sorely tempted to buy an apartment bang opposite but it was on top of a Sushi bar.

I strolled past RESTAURANTE EU CENTRO and looked at their menu. Prices were decent and they had marked up veggie/vogon options and the reviews look good. I thought we were going to go there as one of the boys was asking but it turns out Mrs B had gone for a cheeky lunch with him to Belleverde in the port while I was at home unblocking the drains and trying to repair a dodgy light fitting...
pollensafan and Bootledodger like this.

Last edited by bobley; 15-04-2018 at 21:37.
Old 15-04-2018, 22:31

The Italian in the square by the main road is supposed to be excellent but I don't think it is open yet. Can't remember the name despite driving past on a regular basis.
Old 16-04-2018, 14:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobley View Post

I strolled past RESTAURANTE EU CENTRO and looked at their menu. Prices were decent and they had marked up veggie/vogon options and the reviews look good. I thought we were going to go there as one of the boys was asking but it turns out Mrs B had gone for a cheeky lunch with him to Belleverde in the port while I was at home unblocking the drains and trying to repair a dodgy light fitting...

Sorry Bobley, I know it's a typo error, but could not resist.
Do you have to have been in a fashion magazine to pick from The VOGON part of the menu?
bobley likes this.
Old 16-04-2018, 14:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
Sorry Bobley, I know it's a typo error, but could not resist.
Do you have to have been in a fashion magazine to pick from The VOGON part of the menu?
No, you need to be a Douglas Adams fan...

My wife and younger son are both Vegans but I cant help myself.
kcdc230 likes this.
Old 20-04-2018, 09:53

Casa Asiatica is great! - home cooked Chinese food of excellent quality. I'd also recommend Trencadora, Eu Centro, and the lunchtime set menus at Ca'n Moreno (near the police station), Club Pollensa and Es Moli - all around 10-15 euros for a three course meal including wine and water. Cafe Espanyol also do some delicious food at lunchtime - and Alhambra for tapas is excellent. None of these will break the bank. Sadly I think the Italian in the square near the main road (which used to be Scacco Matto, and then became something else) has been closed since last year and is up for sale. Such a shame as it was fantastic and did the best takeaway pizza.
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 21-04-2018, 13:17

Just been to the Wine Fair - very busy! Passing Clivia and not open. Asked the lady in the shop opposite and she said Luis had put it up for sale! End of an era!
Old 21-04-2018, 15:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Just been to the Wine Fair - very busy! Passing Clivia and not open. Asked the lady in the shop opposite and she said Luis had put it up for sale! End of an era!
Oh no! We did wonder that when it was closed earlier this month but the sign in the window just mentioned annual holiday.... and Es Moli is up for sale too albeit still open.... Hopefully someone will keep Clivia as a restaurant - it's a beautiful place and was refurbished expensively not that long ago. Where will I get my lobster paella and sea bass baked in salt now?!
Old 21-04-2018, 19:37

Terrible News, Can Costa, Can Pacieni and now Clivia!
Old 22-04-2018, 07:34

And also Manzanas & Peras.
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 22-04-2018, 20:05

I have never been to Tango or the restaurants mentioned above, so I checked past comments about them. Tango got a lot, especially after it’s closure.

A member called Milt di Reno ? seemed to have nailed it on the head by pointing out the reasons restaurants find it difficult to survive and also, in January 2017, suggesting that only a chain would be capable of running Tango, which I understand is what has happened.
Old 22-04-2018, 20:55

Where is Molt ? I used to really enjoy his posts.. Sparky ?
Tangoman likes this.
Old 22-04-2018, 21:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP76 View Post
Terrible News, Can Costa, Can Pacieni and now Clivia!
Ca'n Costa has just reopened as Fogoneu.
Old 22-04-2018, 22:12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Simms View Post
I have never been to Tango or the restaurants mentioned above, so I checked past comments about them. Tango got a lot, especially after it’s closure.

A member called Milt di Reno ? seemed to have nailed it on the head by pointing out the reasons restaurants find it difficult to survive and also, in January 2017, suggesting that only a chain would be capable of running Tango, which I understand is what has happened.
Tango was in The Port, this thread is about Pollensa Town restaurants.

All members are free to post as and when they want, i am sure Molt de Renou will reply if he wants to .