Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Pollensa restaurants (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/13824-pollensa-restaurants.html)

deniseall 12-04-2018 19:02

Pollensa restaurants

My son and his young family will be staying close to Pollensa (old town) in a few weeks time. Can anyone please recommend some reasonably priced restaurants. Thank you.

gds 15-04-2018 21:27

Cantonet is the best, and in my view reasonably priced given the quality of food.

If you’re on a tighter budget try La Trencadora, which is a pizzeria but has an extensive menu that suits most tastes.

As a general rule the restaurants in the main square charge a premium for the venue, so it can be better to explore slightly further afield. That said, Il Giardino and Q11 are consistently well reviewed so worth considering.

bobley 15-04-2018 21:33

Casa Asiatica! 3 of us last week in there last. Ate like kings. €39 incl 4 pints of San Miguel (€2.50 a pint). I'm easily pleased!

Also, Club Pollença on tapas night. (I need to get my membership sorted - then its even cheaper.)

Cantonet does look loverly though. Maybe for my birthday. We were sorely tempted to buy an apartment bang opposite but it was on top of a Sushi bar.

I strolled past RESTAURANTE EU CENTRO and looked at their menu. Prices were decent and they had marked up veggie/vogon options and the reviews look good. I thought we were going to go there as one of the boys was asking but it turns out Mrs B had gone for a cheeky lunch with him to Belleverde in the port while I was at home unblocking the drains and trying to repair a dodgy light fitting...

Gommar Goffer 15-04-2018 22:31

The Italian in the square by the main road is supposed to be excellent but I don't think it is open yet. Can't remember the name despite driving past on a regular basis.

pollensafan 16-04-2018 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobley (Post 122271)

I strolled past RESTAURANTE EU CENTRO and looked at their menu. Prices were decent and they had marked up veggie/vogon options and the reviews look good. I thought we were going to go there as one of the boys was asking but it turns out Mrs B had gone for a cheeky lunch with him to Belleverde in the port while I was at home unblocking the drains and trying to repair a dodgy light fitting...

Sorry Bobley, I know it's a typo error, but could not resist.
Do you have to have been in a fashion magazine to pick from The VOGON part of the menu?:D

bobley 16-04-2018 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollensafan (Post 122297)
Sorry Bobley, I know it's a typo error, but could not resist.
Do you have to have been in a fashion magazine to pick from The VOGON part of the menu?:D

:p No, you need to be a Douglas Adams fan...

My wife and younger son are both Vegans but I cant help myself.

kate1 20-04-2018 09:53

Casa Asiatica is great! - home cooked Chinese food of excellent quality. I'd also recommend Trencadora, Eu Centro, and the lunchtime set menus at Ca'n Moreno (near the police station), Club Pollensa and Es Moli - all around 10-15 euros for a three course meal including wine and water. Cafe Espanyol also do some delicious food at lunchtime - and Alhambra for tapas is excellent. None of these will break the bank. Sadly I think the Italian in the square near the main road (which used to be Scacco Matto, and then became something else) has been closed since last year and is up for sale. Such a shame as it was fantastic and did the best takeaway pizza.

Carol 21-04-2018 13:17

Just been to the Wine Fair - very busy! Passing Clivia and not open. Asked the lady in the shop opposite and she said Luis had put it up for sale! End of an era!

kate1 21-04-2018 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol (Post 122366)
Just been to the Wine Fair - very busy! Passing Clivia and not open. Asked the lady in the shop opposite and she said Luis had put it up for sale! End of an era!

Oh no! We did wonder that when it was closed earlier this month but the sign in the window just mentioned annual holiday.... and Es Moli is up for sale too albeit still open.... Hopefully someone will keep Clivia as a restaurant - it's a beautiful place and was refurbished expensively not that long ago. Where will I get my lobster paella and sea bass baked in salt now?!

PP76 21-04-2018 19:37

Terrible News, Can Costa, Can Pacieni and now Clivia!:mad:

Stevo66 22-04-2018 07:34

And also Manzanas & Peras.

Julian Simms 22-04-2018 20:05

I have never been to Tango or the restaurants mentioned above, so I checked past comments about them. Tango got a lot, especially after it’s closure.

A member called Milt di Reno ? seemed to have nailed it on the head by pointing out the reasons restaurants find it difficult to survive and also, in January 2017, suggesting that only a chain would be capable of running Tango, which I understand is what has happened.

Teacu 22-04-2018 20:55

Where is Molt ? I used to really enjoy his posts.. Sparky ?

kate1 22-04-2018 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by PP76 (Post 122369)
Terrible News, Can Costa, Can Pacieni and now Clivia!:mad:

Ca'n Costa has just reopened as Fogoneu.

Sparky 22-04-2018 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian Simms (Post 122378)
I have never been to Tango or the restaurants mentioned above, so I checked past comments about them. Tango got a lot, especially after it’s closure.

A member called Milt di Reno ? seemed to have nailed it on the head by pointing out the reasons restaurants find it difficult to survive and also, in January 2017, suggesting that only a chain would be capable of running Tango, which I understand is what has happened.

Tango was in The Port, this thread is about Pollensa Town restaurants.

All members are free to post as and when they want, i am sure Molt de Renou will reply if he wants to ;).