Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree166Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-09-2018, 08:34

I can rest easy now that Bonys has come up again.

Wouldn't be a normal season on this chat board without it.

and relax
sws97sdg, Sparky, Rosie34 and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 27-09-2018, 19:54

We have loved Bonys for years but for the first time since 2003 we spent more evenings away from it than in it. With the reduced seating the atmosphere was subdued and the place was never packed except when England were playing.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:29
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonquet View Post
Can anyone tell me why Bonys has been so popular over the years and why he gets the reaction he does on this site?
I passed the bar a couple of weeks ago,early evening when he was closed and there was laminated notices on the tables instructing possible customers,such as me?? that the table was for 2 or three people or some for 4 only.
What about me, as a couple, were I not welcome?was my order not good or big enough?
Am I missing something? he has certainly lasted the course, he's been there the majority of my 30 years of visiting.
But I've never understood the popularity of the bar. I've seen children upset and hurt in the scramble that followed his sweet throwing antics!!
Maybe its me I'm getting old but I just dont get it!!
Jose has read this and has posted this reply on Bony's FB page :-

Quote:
Hello friend, thanks for your comment from Bony Bar ... but allow me some correction .......... if it is closed you can not see the signs that comments ... they are put on when we are open and not always....
You can not see signs for 2 people because we do not have them ... neither can see signs for 4 people .. because 2 years ago that we do not put them .. of 3 people yes you can see them...( but never when the bar is closed )...... we attend all the tables ... of one of 2 or more people ... all are welcome to Mallorca to Puerto Pollensa and also to Bony Bar if we are elected ......no table of 2 chairs has signs .. we reserve large tables to be able to place groups that are 3 or more people.......

🌷Our signals absolutely do not bother anyone ... and whoever understands them appreciates that we have them because they know which tables to occupy.🌷

💙💙💙💙🌻🌻💖💖....if we are popular, it is because you all make us popular with your visit ... we do our job .. (for that we are professionals) ... and we try to take you from Mallorca beautiful memories .......🕷🕷🕷🕷🕷....Life is precious ... and when the full truth is told ... life is almost petfect.....🌻🌻

🌷🌷🌷...Thank you very much for visiting Mallorca ... and if one day you visit Bony I'm delighted to talk with you and invite you to a drink to you and those who come with you....

💙💖🌻🌻People peace and love and do not complicate life by a few colored papers that not everyone understands.

🦊🦊....If you are still in Mallorca I wish you were having a lot of fun ... if you left, I hope that my signs will not break your vacation ..... in the wonderful Puerto Pollensa and all Mallorca.

💖💖xxx and Love..🕷🕷🌷🕷🕷.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:24

Put precisely as only Jose can

Superb !
Old 01-10-2018, 13:12

I've been to Bony's on my own and always made welcome. I've sat on the back wall and either kept my own company or ended up chatting to some lovely people. It's the nicest place to relax, surrounded by happy voices and smiling faces.
Old 01-10-2018, 17:19

I have read Jose's reply and fully understand his point of view. He is courteous and well meaning, he obviously make many people happy and continues to enjoy a good degree of repeat business, long may he do so, his bar means a lot to some, no doubt.
I meant no malice and stand corrected on the minor points of my post.
P. Pollenca has a wide variety of choice, its a special place and long may it be so.
Best wishes to Jose and all who hold N Mallorca dear!
sws97sdg, El Gordo, Sparky and 4 others like this.
Old 15-06-2019, 17:33

After 2 years away from PP we were happy to be back in Bonys. Unfortunately, we won’t be back again. Jose has lost the plot.

While sitting on the outside row, my wife and mother took a quick stroll to the cash point to get some money out. While being away from the table for a grand total of 4 minutes and with full glasses of alcohol still on show, Jose thought it would be a lovely idea to take away their chairs and give them to a couple waiting. His lovely response was..... that he had paying customers waiting and they weren’t around.

It got to the point that my mother and wife nearly became an important part of the Brazilian capoeira dance trio that came along 10 minutes later as they were still waiting to be seated again. I then heard a comment by the charming owner to a lovely couple who had been sitting there for a while to hurry and and spend money money money.. such charm!!

Just be careful not to take a long dump in the toilet or you’ll be sitting on the floor when you return.

Enjoy
Tommo and Stevo66 like this.
Old 15-06-2019, 19:22
Super Moderator

Were you sat at the table while they were gone?.
gemmakate likes this.
Old 15-06-2019, 23:03

Yes, and we tried our best to explain which fell on deaf ears. He did say he will return them but that didn’t happen for over 10 mins even while they were back. The guy is just over the top to fill his pocket
Old 16-06-2019, 13:57

I remember our first visit to PP and getting very merry on g+ts at Bonys. We went back year after year until one time year we decided not to bother. I have nothing against Bonys but I think we just outgrew it.
Old 16-06-2019, 17:05

Does anyone know why it was shut last night?
Old 16-06-2019, 19:01
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
Does anyone know why it was shut last night?
Staff day off, actually Jose told me that they forgot to open .
gemmakate likes this.
Old 16-06-2019, 21:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Staff day off, actually Jose told me that they forgot to open .
No surprise there then (LoL).

Jimbo
Sparky likes this.
Old 17-06-2019, 07:40

We have also gone off Bonys. We don’t like the fact that you were squashed in between tables so much, and remarked how we thought the drinks must be diluted down ! Sorry Bony in case you’re reading this, but there’s no way the gin can be poured to that extent and not feel any effects whatsoever !
Plenty other places to enjoy drinks in p.p.
Old 17-06-2019, 09:31
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Val View Post
We have also gone off Bonys. We don’t like the fact that you were squashed in between tables so much, and remarked how we thought the drinks must be diluted down ! Sorry Bony in case you’re reading this, but there’s no way the gin can be poured to that extent and not feel any effects whatsoever !
Plenty other places to enjoy drinks in p.p.
Since reducing the number of seats on the terrace you don't get squashed in.
I think we should be careful when accusing bars of watering down drinks, this can cause much damage to a business, can you prove it?.
gemmakate likes this.