Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree62Likes
  • 22 Post By mwc
  • 1 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By mwc
  • 2 Post By mike_dublin
  • 10 Post By mwc
  • 7 Post By pollensafan
  • 4 Post By Tommo
  • 4 Post By STOXIE
  • 3 Post By pollensafan
  • 8 Post By mwc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-04-2018, 10:46

Default Just great to be back

After an enforced 4 year lay off it's just fantastic to be back in this special place. Ca'n Josep for our first night & as usual amazing welcome & incredible food, two homemade pate to start which for me can't be bettered for taste anywhere, followed by two fillet steaks which were huge & both cooked to perfection as always, washed down with a great bottle of Mortitx Rodal Pla red. Only disappointment was we were so full that we couldn't manage to order the usual cheese board but back again tonight to celebrate my 50th birthday, so hopefully that can be rectified. Last night was La Cabana which was very good with a special mention for the satay chicken skewers with spicy veg & also the blue cheese & mushroom croquettes. Place was very quiet like most of the port seems to be & still a bit of a wait for the food but in fairness it is cooked fresh to order so a little wait is not an issue. Just so happy to be back & looking forward to the next few days though strange not to have the children here (well there not really children anymore), sitting in Bony's the last two nights for a pre meal drink remembering them playing in the square & wondering were all those wonderful years went, but nowhere in the world I would rather be this week
Sponsored Links
Old 23-04-2018, 10:52
Super Moderator

I am so pleased you made it back and happy birthday .
El Gordo likes this.
Old 23-04-2018, 11:00

Thank you Sparky, most appreciated.
Sparky likes this.
Old 23-04-2018, 11:14

Keep enjoying your return and have a very Happy Birthday in the paradise that is PP.
Plus another brilliant evening in Ca'n Josep (hopefully with the cheese board).

(Don't forget to vote for your top 5 restaurants)
sws97sdg and Enjay like this.
Old 23-04-2018, 11:19

Thank you mike, I will do my best
Old 23-04-2018, 19:34

MWC.
Your post brought a tear to my eye and no, for once I am not joking.
It's a very mellow pollensafan this evening.
May you continue to enjoy your return, not that I am in any doubt.
Old 24-04-2018, 13:26

Thank you pollensafan I certainly will. Hope you are feeling a little brighter today, I have been very happily married for almost 25 years so can't even comprehend how you feel though like myself will have happy memories of this place that will last forever.

Had a fantastic meal again last night. I mentioned to Josep the other night that I was disappointed the egg & chorizo starter had been removed from the menu so last night I was made a scrambled egg & chorizo starter with fresh eggs from the chickens he keeps out the back of the restaurant which was fantastic, followed by another beautiful fillet steak. Mrs C had hake with prawns, clams & asparagus which she said was very nice. Happily we managed the cheese board which had the variety & quantity to feed 4 people all washed down with another bottle of Mortitx Rodal Pla. La Llonja tonight
PP76, sws97sdg, LK1960 and 7 others like this.
Old 24-04-2018, 15:19

[QUOTE=mwc;122413]Thank you pollensafan I certainly will. Hope you are feeling a little brighter today, I have been very happily married for almost 25 years so can't even comprehend how you feel though like myself will have happy memories of this place that will last forever.

Thanks for that, Yes, as the song say's " Some days are diamonds, some days are stone.

She chose to shuffle off in what would have been our 40th wedding anniversary.

As I have said to my amigos. She may have been sick of the sight of me, but there had to be easier ways to get shot of me (just my sense of humour)

As for your choice of food, I must say that if you carry on like that, you'll need a low loader to get you back on the plane.

However, I would consider it a price worth paying.
PP76, car77, mwc and 4 others like this.
Old 24-04-2018, 17:03

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwc View Post
After an enforced 4 year lay off it's just fantastic to be back in this special place. Ca'n Josep for our first night & as usual amazing welcome & incredible food, two homemade pate to start which for me can't be bettered for taste anywhere, followed by two fillet steaks which were huge & both cooked to perfection as always, washed down with a great bottle of Mortitx Rodal Pla red. Only disappointment was we were so full that we couldn't manage to order the usual cheese board but back again tonight to celebrate my 50th birthday, so hopefully that can be rectified. Last night was La Cabana which was very good with a special mention for the satay chicken skewers with spicy veg & also the blue cheese & mushroom croquettes. Place was very quiet like most of the port seems to be & still a bit of a wait for the food but in fairness it is cooked fresh to order so a little wait is not an issue. Just so happy to be back & looking forward to the next few days though strange not to have the children here (well there not really children anymore), sitting in Bony's the last two nights for a pre meal drink remembering them playing in the square & wondering were all those wonderful years went, but nowhere in the world I would rather be this week
Happy birthday. And remember your children will always be your children no matter how old they are. Our two are forty and thirty-eight this year and yes I remember them playing in the square from the ages of ten and eight. Fabulous memories. Hang on to them. Xx
sws97sdg, LK1960, katsmum and 1 others like this.
Old 24-04-2018, 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
Happy birthday. And remember your children will always be your children no matter how old they are. Our two are forty and thirty-eight this year and yes I remember them playing in the square from the ages of ten and eight. Fabulous memories. Hang on to them. Xx
Very much in the same boat.We have spent so many happy hours in the Square. Possibly not one to laugh at but I remember the football games going on: Mallorca vs. R o world. I apologize if it was you, but I
remember my son being chased by a waiter as a wayward shot landed in a plate of paella!!!
Fantastic place for family holidays. Hope not too much changes with new laws.
LK1960, pollensafan, Tommo and 1 others like this.
Old 25-04-2018, 08:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOXIE View Post
Very much in the same boat.We have spent so many happy hours in the Square. Possibly not one to laugh at but I remember the football games going on: Mallorca vs. R o world. I apologize if it was you, but I
remember my son being chased by a waiter as a wayward shot landed in a plate of paella!!!
Fantastic place for family holidays. Hope not too much changes with new laws.
"Landed in a plate of paella",

So in dear old Brucie mode, that was most definitely NOT a case of ,

" Rice to see you, to see you rice."
scotslizzy, car77 and Tommo like this.

Last edited by pollensafan; 25-04-2018 at 08:26.
Old 25-04-2018, 13:16

Oh yes spent many an hour watching those games of about 20 a side & football's flying everywhere around the square & also some fairly heated discussions let's say from the local boys during games.

Last nights meal was La Llonja, another special setting sat at the window overlooking the harbor. Spaghetti with truffle for me & courgette & curry soup for Mrs C, both excellent. We then both had chicken stuffed with curry & mushrooms on a bed of rice which has always been one of my favorites there & once again it certainly didn't disappoint. I am normally a red wine drinker but for a change we had a bottle of Vaya Pasada white which was very nice indeed. Another excellent meal though it's a good job we don't hardly eat anything through the day otherwise pollensafan's suggested low loader may well be needed.

On another note we bumped into Manolo formerly of Tango this afternoon & had a lovely chat with him, it was so nice to see him & really made our day.