Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Bar de Copas Can Xon. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/13661-bar-de-copas-can-xon.html)

Sparky 26-10-2017 22:46

Bar de Copas Can Xon.
 
Bar de Copas Can Xon opened tonight. This bar is in C/ Tramuntana in between Es Reco and Rincon de Mami and has had a bad reputation in the last few years. However the new owner is Juan who also has Geminis 18 so hopefully things will be different as he never has any trouble there in the 8 years it has been open (only me ;)), he has employed a manager who is a very pleasant guy.
I wish them every success in this new venture as it's a brave thing to start a new business at the end of the season :).

waterboy 26-10-2017 23:49

Yes, Bar de Copas Can Xon has opened, and residents that have apartments above the bar wish him all the best, as i write this message, the noise level is 41dBA inside the apartment block, and the legal limit is 30dBA from 23:00hrs onwards (at the moment it is 00:45)... And the clients standing outside, I will not mention!!!... Opening night, good luck, lets see how it goes (NOT GOOD I THINK)

waterboy 01-11-2017 00:18

November 1st (00:10), so this bar is in full swing, the noise level is 51.5dBA, some of us have to get up and work in the morning (no day of the dead for us)... Although it has been mentioned that Juan who also has Geminis 18 now has this bar, we know that he has had problems at that local... Why do these people think they can get away with this... !!!.... Town Hall on Thursday then, we start all over again, shut this down !!!

Sparky 01-11-2017 00:36

I am sorry you have noise issues with the bar but complaining on the forum will not make any difference. Good luck with the town hall on Thursday.

Rosie34 01-11-2017 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 120490)
I am sorry you have noise issues with the bar but complaining on the forum will not make any difference. Good luck with the town hall on Thursday.

Sometimes it helps to have a good old moan amongst friends!!:)
(Seriously it must be very difficult living with this noise especially when you have to get up for work).

Sparky 01-11-2017 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosie34 (Post 120491)
Sometimes it helps to have a good old moan amongst friends!!:)
(Seriously it must be very difficult living with this noise especially when you have to get up for work).

I suppose it's the same for everyone who lives near a bar and, as we all know the Spanish are a rather noisy race and they love to have a few drinks at the end of a shift at work and celebrate the end of the summer season ;).

sws97sdg 01-11-2017 11:24

and as most of the bars have been there for years, most owners would have bought apartments knowing they were going to be living above a bar

pinewalker 01-11-2017 17:49

That's a fair point, but if this is the bar I think it is, (the former Refugee Bar) then they have been seriously noisy over the past few years. We've stayed in a couple of places in that stretch, and they used to, (perhaps still do) really go for it. In particular the volume would go up considerably around midnight and it was not uncommon for it to stay that way until past four in the morning. As I say, I may have the wrong place completely, but if not, then that used to be a very noisy bar.

Sparky 01-11-2017 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinewalker (Post 120500)
That's a fair point, but if this is the bar I think it is, (the former Refugee Bar) then they have been seriously noisy over the past few years. We've stayed in a couple of places in that stretch, and they used to, (perhaps still do) really go for it. In particular the volume would go up considerably around midnight and it was not uncommon for it to stay that way until past four in the morning. As I say, I may have the wrong place completely, but if not, then that used to be a very noisy bar.

Not Es Refugi but next door in what was known as Xarau. We were first introduced to it in the late 90s by some hotel staff who always went there after work to drink and unwind.
Es Refugi is now called Rincon de Mami.

waterboy 01-11-2017 18:41

I hear what you are saying, but as my partner has lived in the same block for over 20yrs, before noisey bars, it's difficult to understand how bar owners get away with playing loud music and staying open until 4am, while having a basic bar license!!!... As a past bar owner myself, I had to adhere to the laws, and turn music off and close the doors at midnight, don't get me wrong i'm all for people earning a living, but not at other peoples expense!!!... I would also like to add an apology, to Bar de Copas Can Xon, although they did have very loud music, also Rincon de Mami had a very loud DJ at the same time, so we cannot totally blame the one bar on this occasion...


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:13.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(c) Copyright Holiday Webs Ltd 2011