Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-08-2017, 09:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Personally, I wouldn't bother with Centric....food ok, but the service is either slightly incompetent, slow(and I normally love slow), or stupidly condescending, i.e. treating a group of slightly older ladies, who are smart ,intelligent and fun, as if they were senile old dodderers..... I object to being called sweetheart and darling by a very young waitress! Rant done����. Just as well we all have different tastes!

Strange how being called something upsets people. I have to say I'm not keen on being called darling or sweetheart by someone I don't know but it wouldn't stop me going to a restaurant if I enjoyed the food ( which I do at Centric). What is a bugbear for me,which I've noticed more and more over the last couple of years, is that a lot of restaurant staff now use the term 'Lady' instead of 'Seņora'. I find that term really uncomfortable and odd! Would rather be called darling I think
Sponsored Links
Old 23-08-2017, 09:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumberland8 View Post
Avoid Cass Villa we Had a shocker there ,also our friends on a separate night.
Can you elaborate on your experience at Casa Vila as I've always had wonderful service and food?
PP76, Golfaholics and rebel like this.
Old 23-08-2017, 19:26

5 of us turned up for an 8.30 booking to be told there was no table for us & that we were an hour late, my friend insisted he look at the booking after dispute our name was clearly in there for 8.30 we were early,then grudgingly he found a table inside.
After a 68 minute wait for mains ,4 out of 5 sent back because they were cold, 1 dish was sent back a third time.
The Hake with shrimps was like eating the soles off my dads carpet slippers,the tomatoe sauce over the top was the exact same over 3 different dishes.
I am being really kind here I could go on but it was a truly dreadful meal & yes we did complain but it fell on deaf ears.
Old 23-08-2017, 22:52

Think we are going off topic here. The original post was where to dine with a teenager around the square. Most replies have been around preferred adult restaurants. I stand by my original post, take the youngsters to Nicos where the food is good and they will have a good time
cumberland8, Tommo and Shaun&Caro like this.
Old 25-08-2017, 14:45

I would agree with Nicos. We had a lovely evening here at Easter.
the food was excellent for all ages , we were between 15 and 80 years of age and we had a great night.

Staff very good at what they do, consistently good food over the years, also excellent value for money.
We didn't play the pinball but we did play a few games of pool with good coffees after .
Old 31-08-2017, 05:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Think we are going off topic here. The original post was where to dine with a teenager around the square. Most replies have been around preferred adult restaurants. I stand by my original post, take the youngsters to Nicos where the food is good and they will have a good time
Again WHY are people so ready to insist that teens need different food than adults, I really don't understand this ..... never ever has that been the case in my experience ..... in fact my daughter and one of my nephews would often be the most adventurous in our party

It's a bit like when people say ..... is there a restaurant that suits children ..... well what exactly does that mean ..... surely children should be expected to behave in any restaurant and all restaurants in PP in my experience are willing to provide half portions of their normal menu for little ones with smaller appetites ..... so what exactly is a children's restaurant?

What am I missing here ?

I have nothing against Nicos by the way and am a long way away from my teens
debz1, sws97sdg, El Gordo and 2 others like this.

Last edited by its cd; 31-08-2017 at 05:58.
Old 31-08-2017, 09:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post
Again WHY are people so ready to insist that teens need different food than adults, I really don't understand this ..... never ever has that been the case in my experience ..... in fact my daughter and one of my nephews would often be the most adventurous in our party

It's a bit like when people say ..... is there a restaurant that suits children ..... well what exactly does that mean ..... surely children should be expected to behave in any restaurant and all restaurants in PP in my experience are willing to provide half portions of their normal menu for little ones with smaller appetites ..... so what exactly is a children's restaurant?

What am I missing here ?

Totally agree with you cd. I think people are so used to restaurants in the UK frowning on children being in them .. especially in the evening.. that they think it will be similar abroad. All restaurants in PP welcome children of all ages and usually make a great fuss of them. Half portions of adult meals are never a problem and,as you say, why would you feed them anything different to what you are eating. I've got a niece who only eats eggs, ham,cheese and crisps... and she's nearly 40!!! If you ask if she's ever had,say for example, an avocado or curry, she screws up her nose and says ugh! When you ask what was it you didn't like she says she doesn't know because she's never tried them
Old 31-08-2017, 09:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post

What am I missing here ?

I think the word "Fussy" and "Teenager" may give a clue!!

The main thing is that forum members, as always, give a good range of recommendations to help.

No-one is right or wrong, its not a competition!!

Everyone has the right to express their opinion without challenge. Even me, with no previous experience!! of catering for a "Teenager" ha ha

As a pensioner, I love Nicos!! or is that not allowed

I'm sure you will find lots of places, from all the recommendations, suitable for your needs.... Don't Worry Be Happy

My FlickR Photos
Old 31-08-2017, 15:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I think the word "Fussy" and "Teenager" may give a clue!!

As a pensioner, I love Nicos!! or is that not allowed

I'm sure you will find lots of places, from all the recommendations, suitable for your needs.... Don't Worry Be Happy

steady on using the term " Pensioner ".

The way things are today someone will soon be on accusing you of being Pensionist.
El Gordo and Tommo like this.