Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Iru (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/13569-iru.html)

hoopy 03-08-2017 15:36

Iru

Went here during the summer after a bad experience a couple of years back. They tried to charge us for four bread and olives, one glass of wine and one bottle of beer we didn't have.

It seemed I was the only person who cared.

debz1 03-08-2017 17:16

We went twice in June after a gap of a few years and thought it was lovely. The owner spent a long time helping my daughter and I decide on the wine and his choice was excellent. The food was fabulous ( huge portions) so we shared starters on our second visit, and the service was friendly and professional. We rarely eat frontline so it was great to sit and watch the world go by.

Funny how different folks have different experiences :)

hoopy 03-08-2017 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by debz1 (Post 119524)
We went twice in June after a gap of a few years and thought it was lovely. The owner spent a long time helping my daughter and I decide on the wine and his choice was excellent. The food was fabulous ( huge portions) so we shared starters on our second visit, and the service was friendly and professional. We rarely eat frontline so it was great to sit and watch the world go by.

Funny how different folks have different experiences :)

Nor do we Debz but this year we tried Capri, Bahia, IRU and I'll tapas (???). The food in IRU was lovely but to get the bill so wrong was a bit off. It was the manager/owner who presented us with the bill originally and when I pointed out we didnt have the bread he apologised and said he would amend it which he did and sent it back via one of the waiters. When I had another look I noticed the wine and extra beer they had on it. Again it went back in and again it came back out from the waiter.

Now, nobody is expecting a grovelling apology, mistakes happen but if I had been the manager I would have brought it out personally. A more cynical person might have thought they were chancing their arm.

debz1 03-08-2017 23:07

Sounds rather cynical to me 😄

sws97sdg 04-08-2017 06:23

We wanted to try Iru as we rented from Carlos in the winter and as you all say he is a lovely man, he was friendly and so helpful, but we had a quick look at the menu and it did look very meaty and fishy, as you would imagine on the port. Can you remember is they had many veggie options as we would like to try it in September?

debz1 04-08-2017 07:46

Sws I had a lovely goats cheese starter that to be honest was so huge would have easily passed as a main meal 😊

sws97sdg 04-08-2017 08:37

Sounds good, we could have a lunch there!! We will check it out again, thanks

arturo22 05-08-2017 09:14

And they are VERY GOOD if you happen to need GLUTEN FREE options

pips 05-08-2017 11:42

Must agree the goats cheese starter is big and yummy, we had our last meal here and it was delicious, plenty of choice. The only thing I have found in all restaurants this year is the euro, sterling question, they seem to encourage the sterling choice, don't know if they make anything on the conversion.

debz1 05-08-2017 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by pips (Post 119549)
Must agree the goats cheese starter is big and yummy, we had our last meal here and it was delicious, plenty of choice. The only thing I have found in all restaurants this year is the euro, sterling question, they seem to encourage the sterling choice, don't know if they make anything on the conversion.

Always pay in euros as you get the standard inter banking rate which is always cheaper than the one set in the country.