Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Los Zarzales (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/13519-los-zarzales.html)

Pollpott 26-06-2017 12:06

Los Zarzales

One of our favourite restaurants in PP has always been Los Zarzales. I was just looking at the voting for the top 5 places to eat and Zarzales has never been voted one of the best. Even on the location map it's not shown. Never mind, we'll still be eating there in a few weeks time. This year we are also going to try some of the top 5 eating places.
Tony:confused:

Gommar Goffer 27-06-2017 09:09

I personally do not think that it is as good as it used to be. I now prefer Na Ruixa.

I think restaurants are only on the map if they advertise.

katsmum 27-06-2017 10:31

We used to like their set menu but they don't seem to do it anymore

kate1 27-06-2017 10:33

We had a really excellent meal there in April - though it was early in the season there were quite a few tables occupied. We used to find the service at Los Zarzales very slow, to the extent that we stopped going there, but they certainly seemed to be on top of things this year.

Pollpott 27-06-2017 11:37

It's nice to have different views of a particular restaurant. I always feel special whenever we go to Zarzales. Yolande always gives a warm welcome and the staff are very nice. The food is delicious. Have never had a bad meal there. It's all down to personal experience, isn't it? But I think once you've had a bad experience in a restaurant, then it's very difficult to have a good opinion of it. There are a few I would never re-visit but I won't mention them because some of them are on the top 5 list! Over the 10 years we have been going to PP we must have visited nearly all of the restaurants there. Sadly, a lot of them no longer exist. This year we are going to try some we have never been to before.
I'll do review when we get back.
15 days to go!
Tony

Disorderly 27-06-2017 18:26

A brilliant restaurant with consistently excellent food, a really nice tapas menu alongside the main menu, delightful staff and the loveliest, kindest owners you could hope to meet. Gets my vote every time.

Duncan

snowy2007 28-06-2017 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disorderly (Post 119060)
A brilliant restaurant with consistently excellent food, a really nice tapas menu alongside the main menu, delightful staff and the loveliest, kindest owners you could hope to meet. Gets my vote every time.

Duncan

Can I second that, can't wait for September visit.

Pollpott 28-06-2017 14:40

I agree with you both. Yolande and her husband/chef are really friendly, as are the rest of the staff. Sitting in the courtyard on a warm evening with a lovely meal and a few drinks - heaven!
I'm hoping they've got a flamenco show on whilst we are there.
Tony

Sparky 28-06-2017 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollpott (Post 119076)
I'm hoping they've got a flamenco show on whilst we are there.
Tony

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...co-dinner.html;)

Hector 28-06-2017 15:37

Courtyard

And don't forget the scent of the galant de la noche coming at you in waves! The food is good but so tempting that we often spend a bit more than we intended. A beautiful setting and served by friendly people who we remember from Mibar many years ago.

sleepyboaby 28-06-2017 21:49

Tried this restaurant for the first time last year and cannot fault it.Had tumbet and the suckling pig which were delicious.The house white wine is great also.Only small downside was that service can be a little slow.

Rangers1 05-07-2017 07:15

We have never been to this restaurant so it is on our list for next Easter. Whats peoples favourite meal here?

P&C@29 05-07-2017 09:24

the young goat is exceptional:)

copper 05-07-2017 09:34

Had a wonderful seafood Paella here last week

I have to say the service wasnt good and we waited ages for menus then drinks
We knew a long wait would ensue for the Paella but had to re request Bread and Aloli !!

We have been there before so were prepared to wait but a few tables who had been put in the restaurant walked out complaining loudly !

One of the staff said they were one person short but there wasnt any Management going on Apologising giving people a drink etc A couple they knew came in and got everything instantly so then others were grumbling They should have really stopped allocating tables as there was a grumpy atmosphere !

We were happy once we had a drink and a few olives !!

debz1 05-07-2017 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangers1 (Post 119135)
We have never been to this restaurant so it is on our list for next Easter. Whats peoples favourite meal here?

IMO the suckling pig is the best in the Port. Always lovely crispy crackling which other places often don't get right 😊