Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Capricho Mediterraneo (formerly Burger King) (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/13498-capricho-mediterraneo-formerly-burger-king.html)

Sparky 10-06-2017 13:40

Capricho Mediterraneo (formerly Burger King)

Capricho Mediterraneo (formerly Burger King) is now open, it is a pambolieria/vinoteca.

Bekki 10-06-2017 14:50

Looking forward to popping in to try this one in the summer:)

GrandeMimosa 11-06-2017 14:05

Went for lunch yesterday nice. Every combination of pa am boli available. Mortixt wine by the glass.also various burgers .something a bit different I think.and a familiar and popular face round PP working there. Who can that be?

car77 11-06-2017 18:40

Please tell??? :)

sleepyboaby 11-06-2017 19:00

Jaime from O Lume??????

Doogz1874 12-06-2017 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandeMimosa (Post 118864)
Went for lunch yesterday nice. Every combination of pa am boli available. Mortixt wine by the glass.also various burgers .something a bit different I think.and a familiar and popular face round PP working there. Who can that be?

Sparky hasn't forced Colin to get a part time job I hope ! :D

Golfaholics 12-06-2017 22:09

Went there tonight and although it has been open only 4 days was not very impressed. I agree the ensaladas and Paamboli's looked good but we wanted the tapas. Between two we had a medium portion of veal cheeks and one of mixed seafood both around 8 eiro's. We also ordered a plate of vegetables at neatly 15 euro's as no medium portions.
The veal was quite good and the seafood ok but far too many mussels. The veg portion was ok but totally over priced for the amount you got. The food was served on cold plates and was therefore very lukewarm after a minute!
My wife wanted a whisky and dry ginger but was informed they only serve wine and beer. As she doesn't drink wine we I ordered a small beer and she a Clara (shandy). We had 3 small ones each at a cost of 3.20 euro's each - a tad over the top!!
Finally we came to pay the bill to be advised they did not take cards! Luckily I had the cash but we were not advised pre ordering.
Needless to say we will not be rushing back. I'm afraid restaurants have one chance to impress and it was very underwhelming. Evidently the owners are from Uruguay and own 2 restaurants in Pollensa and La Noona in the Port.
There are so many very good restaurants in PP that we'd rather frequent.

Sparky 25-06-2017 12:18

Have just read on FB that it has had to close due to serious plumbing issues, i feel very sorry for the them :(.

Bekki 25-06-2017 13:11

What a shame:eek: Really hope that they manage the problems and get back open soon.

sunnyboy 25-06-2017 14:10

Hope they get it sorted soon, not what anyone would want to happen when you have just opened a new business.

tangofan 25-06-2017 15:26

That is a shame, I can think of a couple of other places a few years ago that had similar issues and had to close - anyone remember Pat & Deb's bar ( I think that is what it was called) in the square and also a sports bar possibly called JK's opposite the Maricel Apartments.

martinchip10 25-06-2017 16:56

Aha. Thats makes sense. I wondered why it had been closed all week. Hope they manage to sort it out soon as it looks very nice inside.

lollipop 26-06-2017 16:31

I read that it is unlikely they will re open this summer, but only time will tell.