Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-05-2017, 17:37

Default Abbaco

Sorry if we have not seen a post before but we are a bit surprised that as yet there has not been a review of Abbaco where we ate last night.

Formerly a steakhouse owned by the Dakota chain (we are not aware who the new owners are) this is now a fusion of sushi and South East Asian cuisine. The restaurant has been tastefully decorated with a lot of attention to detail and the staff are attentive and very pleasant.

The menu has a €24 tasting menu that looks excellent and we may well try next time for reasons explained later we chose the curried fish lasagne and the vegetarian yellow curry.

Both dishes were beautifully presented and tasted exquisite but were not large in portion size which is why we avoided the tasting menu as we both have smaller appetites. This now left us hungry for more!! So having enjoyed a couple of glasses of Mallorcan white we decided to share the cheese platter and a gorgeous red. This perversely was massive consisting of 4 cheeses (2 local a blue - super - and a goats cheese) which was more than enough for four!!

Final bill for two including beer and wine €78 which we thought was good value

All in all a great meal with a seafront view overlooking the majestic Pollensa bay.
Sponsored Links
Old 25-05-2017, 17:44

Sorry Sparky, meant to start this as a new post but now don't know how to move. Hopefully your superior knowledge will prevail!!!
Old 25-05-2017, 17:51
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Sorry Sparky, meant to start this as a new post but now don't know how to move. Hopefully your superior knowledge will prevail!!!
Your wish is my command Teflon .
Old 25-05-2017, 22:06

Please Sparky. Where is this?
Old 25-05-2017, 23:01
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by car77 View Post
Please Sparky. Where is this?
It's on the frontline near to the old Burger King, used to be called the Santa Fe Steak House, it's still owned by Grupo Boulevard they have re-branded it .
car77 likes this.
Old 26-05-2017, 08:10

The Dakota 'chain' has always intrigued me as to how it can be Tex-Mex? Even the furthest south part of the Dakotas (there is North and South) is ~1000km and more than 3 states away from Texas (and even more to the Mexico Border) . They serve 'Tex-Mex' but have an Indian as their logo. Some of the 'flair' inside the restaurants doesn't fit in with the name/ theme either - but having spent a good amount of time living in the South of the US, I'm just being pedantic.
Old 26-05-2017, 08:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab11 View Post
The Dakota 'chain' has always intrigued me as to how it can be Tex-Mex? Even the furthest south part of the Dakotas (there is North and South) is ~1000km and more than 3 states away from Texas (and even more to the Mexico Border) . They serve 'Tex-Mex' but have an Indian as their logo. Some of the 'flair' inside the restaurants doesn't fit in with the name/ theme either - but having spent a good amount of time living in the South of the US, I'm just being pedantic.
Following on from your logic, I don't recall ever Going in the "Celler" Para and finding pieces of coal on the floor.
Old 26-05-2017, 08:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
Following on from your logic, I don't recall ever Going in the "Celler" Para and finding pieces of coal on the floor.
Isn't 'celler' something to do with wine though?

Obviously not all names are to be taken literally, I'm aware Hibiscus doesn't serve you flowers but Dakota is like naming a French restaurant 'Luigis' or 'Pompei'.
mike_dublin and Bootledodger like this.

Last edited by ab11; 26-05-2017 at 08:58.
Old 26-05-2017, 09:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Sorry if we have not seen a post before but we are a bit surprised that as yet there has not been a review of Abbaco where we ate last night.

Formerly a steakhouse owned by the Dakota chain (we are not aware who the new owners are) this is now a fusion of sushi and South East Asian cuisine. The restaurant has been tastefully decorated with a lot of attention to detail and the staff are attentive and very pleasant.

The menu has a €24 tasting menu that looks excellent and we may well try next time for reasons explained later we chose the curried fish lasagne and the vegetarian yellow curry.

Both dishes were beautifully presented and tasted exquisite but were not large in portion size which is why we avoided the tasting menu as we both have smaller appetites. This now left us hungry for more!! So having enjoyed a couple of glasses of Mallorcan white we decided to share the cheese platter and a gorgeous red. This perversely was massive consisting of 4 cheeses (2 local a blue - super - and a goats cheese) which was more than enough for four!!

Final bill for two including beer and wine €78 which we thought was good value

All in all a great meal with a seafront view overlooking the majestic Pollensa bay.
Sounds good, will have a look when we are over

On island time!!
Old 26-05-2017, 11:29

We ate at Abbaco the other evening and we thought it was excellent. When we were last out in April, it was still being renovated so it's not been open long.

Some of the decor e.g. the very comfortable chairs are the same as Voss (was Algar) in the square but the menu is different. They have a sushi menu, a carte and the tasting menu. We also weren't sure how big the portions were so gave the tasting menu a miss this time but we will back.

The theme of this restaurant is fresh and natural, which it is, but it is also highly original and inventive. The dishes are predominantly plant and fish based with only a couple with red meat and I think mainly organic ingredients. There are plenty marked as Vegan or Vegetarian.

We chose the tomato bread and hummus with veg to share as starters followed by tuna tartar and the crispy fish lasagne with green curry, which we also shared because they were so good. The dishes are all very light with light crusty wafer thin bread as the carbs so plenty of room for dessert. For these we chose the green tea sponge with yoghurt (sublime) and the apple and toffee sandwich. Along with a couple of beers and water, the bill was 60 EUR.

You can view the menu on the website - search for "abbaco natural food".
sws97sdg and Bekki like this.
Old 26-05-2017, 11:34

Sounds like we will definitely give it a try, is there a separate lunch menu?

On island time!!
Old 26-05-2017, 20:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab11 View Post
Isn't 'celler' something to do with wine though?

Obviously not all names are to be taken literally, I'm aware Hibiscus doesn't serve you flowers but Dakota is like naming a French restaurant 'Luigis' or 'Pompei'.
Hi ab11,
I'm just joshing with you. I suppose now day's with you upmarket types you would think of wine first in relation to Cellar, but back in the 1950's it was where we kept our coal.

Go well my friend.
MoMike likes this.
Old 26-05-2017, 22:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
Hi ab11,
I'm just joshing with you. I suppose now day's with you upmarket types you would think of wine first in relation to Cellar, but back in the 1950's it was where we kept our coal.

Go well my friend.
No worries, Brain wasn't quite in gear that time of the day. Have a good weekend
pollensafan and Tangoman like this.
Old 27-05-2017, 11:22

Menu sounds lovely. Sounds it's another place to try this summer
Old 27-05-2017, 13:10

If it is Grupo Boulevard, we will avoid it