Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Need restauant recommendations. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/13437-need-restauant-recommendations.html)

Moreteavicar 09-05-2017 18:59

Need restauant recommendations.

Ola!
I will be returning to PP after a ten year break (not had a holiday since) and would appreciate any help on what is available in terms of three areas of dining.

The best local dish I ever eat was a Fritto Mallorquin, a very small bar/retaurant on the sea front, Galleon possibly? It was painted blue ......

Best expensive meal was at Zarzoles - is it still there, is it still good?

Gutted to see Tango has closed down :-(
I am looking at one of their cards pinned above my computer ......
Anywhere comparable elsewhere?

Many thanks,
roll on June 25th)
Nick

copper 09-05-2017 20:47

Too many good ones to mention really

I think that may be Galleon So many changes of late

Zarzales still there still good . Stay consistent as ever .La LLonja on the front good set menu . Cab Josep moved out of town around the bay . Can Ferra one of the old ones and very good and reasonable still . Newish ones around the square Osteria Centric both with a more refined menu . Cella la Parra very traditional . El Posito consistently good Owners from the El Ancla on the fron when it was pulled down moved around the corner to SolyMar ( towards PolyPark ) Now a Michelin Star Rest Argos as well but rather austere looking

Dont think we have really had a bad meal in PP it just goes down to personal preference We love to sit outside and seafront in particular

Booking does seem more necessary every year We have a few new ones to look for as changes over the winter

Enjoy your trip

car77 09-05-2017 21:23

I love Frito Mallorquin too!
Not so easy to get anymore as a lot of people are put off by the liver! IMO the best are at Cella La Para, C'an Ferra or La Llonja Cantina (think they are only open lunchtime)
I'm sure there are lots of other places who do it well and would love to hear other peoples experiences.

I hope you have a lovely, overdue holiday Nick!

Car 77 :)

Rosie34 10-05-2017 08:54

Definitely La Parra for Frito!

romanb 10-05-2017 20:29

The other place to try the Frito is Cellar es Moli if in Pollensa town.

Millipet 21-05-2017 17:25

Review - The Sparrow (El Gorrio) Restaurant (near Pollensa Park Hotel behind the Panorama Hotel)
After not visiting for a few years, ate here last night and can recommend it. Peaceful garden at the rear. A la carte or set menu for €16.50 inc 5 choices for starters and mains and drink.
Good food with fresh veg and excellent friendly service. Well worth a try!

Golfaholics 21-05-2017 17:48

In my opinion the best Frito in the Port is to be had at Ca'n Josep where Josep prides himself on telling you that it's made from a traditional recipe handed down from his granny! It is superb as is his Restuarant generally.

Gommar Goffer 22-05-2017 09:35

For Mallorcan fine dining I would recommend Na Ruixa.

supamac 22-05-2017 09:42

For reasonably priced and very good food you could try No 31 - a newly opened modern restaurant with a lovely courtyard situated on Vincent Buades several doors along from Hiper Centro supermarket. We were there again yesterday and their Sunday carvery was very popular. Their weekday menu is delicious and well worth a visit and wines have been thoughtfully selected.
Lovely owners and a very warm welcome there.
Hope you enjoy your return visit.

snowy2007 22-05-2017 20:02

Only one place and that's El Posito real Majorcan food