Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Another trip over (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/13407-another-trip-over.html)

manda 24-04-2017 10:18

Another trip over

We spent another Easter in the port and just back, couldn't have had any better weather for April, was probably 15-20° warmer than it is here. Staying in friends apartment so not much eating out this time, all the fresh food available makes eating on the balcony at 8 in the eveining more appealing.
Good flight down and used Terrys car hire for 1st timevinstead of Goldcat. Impressed with their organisation and got seat eith 64km on clock and instructions not rev it up and go over 100km/hr :(
Got to the port in time to get to bar viral for lunch, Anna in good form and after couple glasses of wine we had the tapas, still love it here.
Evening was traditionally visit to nicos for crazy chicken, sitting outside at 8:30 came as nice surprise.
Next few days were spent between the beach, although @€22 for 2 beds and umbrella the cost can mount up!!! We also went to church few times as was holy week. They do make a big effort there and always welcome visitors.
Lunch in nonna was ok, usual fare of salads, burgers and chips.
One evening spent in Bella Roma for pizza, 1st time there and found it very good and reasonably priced, €55 for 2 huge pizza and wine/water.
Sunday was paella day and went to brisas marina as usual, place packed, you gotta remember to book, with locals. Another great meal €50 for food and bottle of good red.
Holiday nearly over and back to airport for early flight home.
All in all great time and counting down until June for next visit.
Manda

manda 24-04-2017 10:21

I shouldnt use my mobile to post as predictive text always gets me

El Gordo 24-04-2017 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by manda (Post 118070)
I shouldnt use my mobile to post as predictive text always gets me

Hola Manda

If you are logged in you should see an edit button below your post to correct those annoying predictive corrections Ha Ha :D

Thanks for posting your experiences :cool:

manda 24-04-2017 13:51

Hi Gordon,

The for the tip, I'll try and remember for next time.

In addition to the above we went to few bars as you do.

Cafe algar/voss - very friendly and good selection of premium cocktails. Think they were still getting into gear as waiter disappeared off to get tonic and then cucumber for the gin. They gave us sample of the menu which tasted very good.
Old bar cultural - great place to watch the people go by and possibly cheapest place in the square.
Bonys - never amazes me what people see in the place as I think very expensive.
Mulligans - gotta best place for a cold Guinness still.
Cafè d'eu moll - just to watch the chaos ensue when the buses arrive and leave

pollensafan 24-04-2017 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by manda (Post 118069)
Got to the port in time to get to bar viral for lunch, Anna in good form and after couple glasses of wine we had the tapas, still love it here.
Evening was traditionally visit to nicos for crazy chicken, sitting outside at 8:.came as nice surprise.

Manda

Well Manda,

I'll have a glass of whatever you've been on because in all my years in PP visiting bars I've never seen a chicken siting outside any of them so I do understand why you'd be surprised. :D

pinewalker 24-04-2017 16:05

Was it just the crazy chickens that were still sitting outside at 8.30pm?, perhaps the more sensible ones had moved back inside, as I suspect it might well have been a little chilly by then.

pollensafan 24-04-2017 17:01

Come to think of it, now that my wife has passed away I wouldn't mind encountering the odd chicken. It might give me a chance to " Pullet ".

Sorry folks, Couldn't let that pass.:rolleyes: