Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2017, 15:48

Default Argos?

We had dinner in Argos a couple of times last year.Not sure if it is open yet?What did strike me was since it being awarded a Michelin star the prices seem to have shot up!Looking on the menu board outside the two set menu prices are €50 or€80.I remember it was €28 for four courses which was good.The portions were naturally small but each one meticulously prepared and presented.Not sure if we will revisit ,interested to know if other members have tried it.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2017, 16:51

Default Argos

That's what a Michelin star does........around us (Niceis the nearest town), those restaurants tend to be good value for lunch,offering 1,2,or 3 courses,plus a glass of wine, at a great price, but in the evening you are looking at paying the earth!
Old 07-04-2017, 16:52

Default Argos

I'd love to try Argos mind!!
Old 08-04-2017, 09:44

50€ is only 10€ or so more than Stay so maybe still good value
Old 08-04-2017, 10:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
50€ is only 10€ or so more than Stay so maybe still good value
Does the Argos include all the drinks in their set menu though like Stay?
Old 08-04-2017, 11:22

Default Argos

I'd be amazed.....maybe a glass of wine.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:59
Super Moderator

I just looked at their web page and the menus are priced at 55€ and 90€, there was no mention of wine or drinks.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:09

Default Argos

Oh more than I thought Sparky.Last year wine/water/coffee was NOTincluded but they did do very nice wine by the glass which is what we had.Ah well leaving today so may give it a whirl in June,if the wallets up to it!
debz1 and Sparky like this.
Old 08-04-2017, 16:09

Crikey, it has gone up a lot but I suppose that's to be expected - I guess with a Michelin star their overheads go up too. Last year the food was really great - somewhere to go for a special treat. I do remember thinking that they had massively underpriced their tasting menu given the quality and inventiveness of what was on offer but I probably shan't be accusing them of that this time round! The tasting menu at Son Brull (which I don't think has a Michelin star) is 90 Euros and I don't think wine is included in that - so presumably that is the going rate.
Old 09-04-2017, 15:44

Thumbs up

To end the speculation, we did eat at Argos the other evening and it was excellent - probably the best meal we have eaten at a restaurant - and certainly worth the 55 EUR.

We didn't eat there last year so I can't compare it. I assume that gaining the Michelin star has given them the confidence to offer the menu that they have chosen. Mario the restaurant manager is charming. At the moment they are offering the Spring Tasting Menu (2 versions), are open for food only in the evenings and are closed Tuesday and Wednesday.

From June they will offer the Summer Menu and will only close one evening (probably Tuesday).

We chose the 'shorter' version of the Menu - 9 courses which was plenty for us. The longer version has 4 extra courses for 90 EUR. As in most tasting menus each course was tiny but the flavours and combinations were exquisite. There was a lot of seafood (which we like) plus some pork and one lamb dish, which was my least favourite. Drinks are extra - they offer a large section of local and mainland wines around 30-50 EUR a bottle as well as by the glass.

If you enjoy the concept of tasting menus and are happy to try anything (there were no choices on the menu), then I would recommend this restaurant highly. We have already booked for next June - we weren't the first. There are not that many tables and they only book each table once per evening.

You can view the Menu on their new new website argosrestaurant.com Enjoy!
Old 29-04-2017, 14:02

They've emailed me a response to my reservation with a time of 1900. Do they just have one alloted time when everyone arrives?
Old 29-04-2017, 15:59

It certainly sounds lovely but I still can't get my head around going to eat at a restaurant called Argos...........It is so familiar to us as something else here!
Tangoman likes this.
Old 29-04-2017, 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
They've emailed me a response to my reservation with a time of 1900. Do they just have one alloted time when everyone arrives?
They told me that they only book each table once but I should think that they stagger the start times. We booked for 8pm. If the time doesn't suit you then do contact them. In general the Brits eat early and the Spanish late.
Old 21-02-2019, 17:14

Default Restaurant Argos closed

We have just received the following e-mail

my name is Mario Wolgast and I had the pleasure to welcome you as the host of the Argos restaurant in Puerto Pollensa.

Our team would like to thank you for your support in the past and inform you that we will move to a new destination which will allow us to grow and to create an even more exciting experience for you.
It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you again from March 8, 2019, in our new restaurant VORO at the five-star resort Park Hyatt Mallorca, located in Canyamel.
Old 21-02-2019, 19:56

Well off you toddle Argos, PP obviously wasn't good enough for you!
To be honest we never thought the restaurant 'looked' quite right. It was a bit stark and clinical looking and not very enticing. I'm sure the food was wonderful but certainly won't be going to Canyamel. Will stick to Mare Nostrum in Sa Pobla who do a fantastic tasting menu for around 28€ in beautiful surroundings