Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   On the street gossip (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/13328-street-gossip.html)

MPH133 12-03-2017 16:09

On the street gossip

I hear the Tex Mex near the closed Burger King is going to be sushi restaurant

Sparky 12-03-2017 16:36

Lots of rumours going around but i haven't heard that one.....only time will tell :rolleyes:.

supamac 12-03-2017 16:49

Good luck to them if it is, given the Japanese next to Manduca didn't enjoy great success! Sushi's a bit niche (delicious as an occasional lunch from M&S) and tends not to have mass appeal hence we only see it in large towns and cities in the UK.
Whatever they do, I'm all for a bit of variety and it's been quite exciting lately with new ventures popping up here and there in the port. Plus ca change ........ as the French would say! Lo siento, I know we are Spanish on here!!
Looking forward to the re-opening of La Roca and think the new team including the irrepressible Maureen will do well.

pollensafan 13-03-2017 09:24

Sorry folks, but surely this is the cue for a song,,,, Wait for it.

" If you knew sushi like I know sushi ".:rolleyes:

I'll get my coat.

Gommar Goffer 13-03-2017 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollensafan (Post 117415)
Sorry folks, but surely this is the cue for a song,,,, Wait for it.

" If you knew sushi like I know sushi ".:rolleyes:

I'll get my coat.

Why? Have you pulled a mussel?:D

hoopy 13-03-2017 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by supamac (Post 117408)
Good luck to them if it is, given the Japanese next to Manduca didn't enjoy great success! Sushi's a bit niche (delicious as an occasional lunch from M&S) and tends not to have mass appeal hence we only see it in large towns and cities in the UK.
Whatever they do, I'm all for a bit of variety and it's been quite exciting lately with new ventures popping up here and there in the port. Plus ca change ........ as the French would say! Lo siento, I know we are Spanish on here!!
Looking forward to the re-opening of La Roca and think the new team including the irrepressible Maureen will do well.

La Roca???

Where is it S? Maureen of Maureen & Kenny??

San Miguel 13-03-2017 23:28

On the street gossip

There are rumours that the Micer shop is being replaced by a new Burger King
(On the Main Street from the roundabout.)
Does anyone know anything?
There have been lots of very professional workers working on the building for the last week.

Cheers!

San Miguel

Sparky 14-03-2017 00:10

As i have said before many times, rumours abound but this forum is set up to provide accurate information, i heard about this a few weeks ago and it is probably correct but until the BK signs go up.............;) ;).

pollensafan 14-03-2017 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 117430)
As i have said before many times, rumours abound but this forum is set up to provide accurate information, i heard about this a few weeks ago and it is probably correct but until the BK signs go up.............;) ;).

Yes Indeed Madam " S ". Time will tell if there is any meat in it. If not, the rumour will have had its chips. :rolleyes:

Gommar Goffer 14-03-2017 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopy (Post 117422)
La Roca???

Where is it S? Maureen of Maureen & Kenny??

In the words of Chris Rea - On the beach.

pinewalker 14-03-2017 12:32

Speaking personally, I'd prefer Neil Young - On The Beach.

Roy&Myra 14-03-2017 12:38

What a Cheesy Wimpy Reply and very saucy

supamac 14-03-2017 15:32

Not the beach bar!! La Roca (when it was open) was at 31 Vincent Buades and run by the other brother of Rafa (Batucada) and Miguel. Been closed for several years but behind an average frontage a very lovely courtyard garden inside which I'd like to dine in again.
I understand Maureen, of Maureen & Kenny fame, will be front of house.

Sparky 14-03-2017 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by supamac (Post 117440)
Not the beach bar!! La Roca (when it was open) was at 31 Vincent Buades and run by the other brother of Rafa (Batucada) and Miguel. Been closed for several years but behind an average frontage a very lovely courtyard garden inside which I'd like to dine in again.

I will be a happy bunny if this happens. We spent a lot of time there when Juan and Loli ran it, it was empty for ages and then re-opened as Casanova, it was good but there were too many people using it as a place to chat and play cards without spending any money so it came as no surprise when it closed up.

Like you said supamac the courtyard garden was a lovely area to sit and eat in :D.

marilyn 14-03-2017 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by supamac (Post 117440)

Would be great if Kenny is doing the cooking too.