Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-02-2017, 17:53

Hey guys, steady on. Maybe house music (whatever that is) is not your scene, but the Port is there for everyone who holidays in it. There are many places in PP I don't like, so I just don't go. I think the people who are starting up this business have a right to let folk know how things are developing.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-02-2017, 20:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofan View Post
I am a bit bored with hearing about this place on FB and am rapidly losing interest with all the mystery about it. I have seen mention of house music, a DJ etc and I am not sure this is what we really want in PP? Or maybe I am just too old haha? Do we know exactly where it is, ie where is it next to?
It's all down to personal taste and just proves you can't please all of the people all of the time. I'm sure many younger locals and tourists would love a venue playing house with DJ's. What I still think PP needs is a bar on the lines of Coconuts, which was not quite a nightclub but more a 'grown up' cocktail bar that played great music to the early hours. Plenty of dancing too if you fancied
It was popular with lots of locals and holidaymakers and my entire family stiill say there's been nothing else quite like it since it closed about 15 years ago.
Niche Marketing 😊
sws97sdg and marilyn like this.
Old 18-02-2017, 20:58
Super Moderator

I completely agree about music genres and i think they intend to have "themed nights", so there will be something for all tastes but not all in the same session .
Old 18-02-2017, 22:20

I thought we need to wait until they open to see what they have to offer music wise, places soon tend to cater for what is most popular and brings they people in, the owners seem very clued up and I am sure will be an asset to the port given time.
Bootledodger likes this.

On island time!!
Old 19-02-2017, 13:15

There was a big bar with 'house'/dance etc. music with DJs next to Chivas..long gone. I miss Aniares.
debz1 likes this.
Old 26-02-2017, 12:24
Super Moderator

So finally we have an opening date, Saturday 11th March. The launch party theme is a black and white and the music will be of black origin ie :- Motown, Jazz, Funk, Soul and disco.

This has been posted on FB :-

Quote:
So! Why the big secret? We wanted to make sure everything we were doing was legal. There's been huge speculation that we might be some garish nocturnal disco bar playing until 4am in the morning. Music levels will be at an ambient tempo and I believe it is perfectly legal to dance at your discretion, haha! Doors will close at 11pm, music turned down to background levels at midnight. Fare thee well 2am at the very latest at weekends.
We've had some great feedback about how outside is looking. We may change the colour of the lights to blue. Inside looks even better! We hope you'll enjoy the space we've created for you.
The theme for the LAUNCH PARTY is Black and White. We are having a photographer so if you would like to make an effort with the dress code its up to you. If not, all welcome regardless. We'll upload all to our Facebook page and website when we go live.
Cava, wine or beer is gratis for the first 50 guests. Doors 7.30pm. Dont be late!
We're ever so excited and we hope you are too. We look forward to welcoming you to Cafe Ritmo!
At Your Service, Willy & Alis xoxo
debz1, sws97sdg and Carmel like this.
Old 26-02-2017, 17:11

Well, I for one hope this place is successful - I've said for ages that the Port needs more 'grown-up' venues featuring music for contemporary tastes - I might be in my 50s now but I certainly don't want to sit listening to Michael Buble - a mixture of house and other genres is fine with me. Themed evenings sound a great idea - hope on occasion they play some Spanish guitar music in the mix.... Is there any info yet on the minimum age for admission? As it closes early and clearly isn't going to be a pick-up joint it might be a place I'd like to take my teenage daughters (mum promises not to sing/dance where others can see her).
debz1 and sws97sdg like this.
Old 14-03-2017, 11:24

Did anyone on the forum go to the opening? Haven't seen any photos on FB yet.
Old 14-03-2017, 12:05
Super Moderator

I have not been yet but they posted on FB that the opening went well, the capacity is 60 and 131 turned up. They have had some problems, the decking for the terrace hasn't arrived and they are having trouble programming the till, hope all gets sorted soon.
lollipop likes this.
Old 17-03-2017, 08:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I have not been yet but they posted on FB that the opening went well, the capacity is 60 and 131 turned up. They have had some problems, the decking for the terrace hasn't arrived and they are having trouble programming the till, hope all gets sorted soon.
Come on Sparky you can't tell me you have not visited yet, if not get your skates on or borrow Colin's transport, looking forward to a review from you or someone. Happy times
Sparky likes this.
Old 14-04-2017, 20:59

Friends of ours visited Café Ritmo last night - it was open but no music. They were told that the sound equipment had been seized by the local police! So not quite sure what is going on.
Old 15-04-2017, 09:20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckjon View Post
Friends of ours visited Café Ritmo last night - it was open but no music. They were told that the sound equipment had been seized by the local police! So not quite sure what is going on.
Oh dear, there must have been complaints about volume levels, the police do have the power to do this and can even order a bar to close.

The owner posted this on FB :-

Quote:
Due to a few unfortunate circumstances we won't be having any music on tonight, however! We're still on the Tapas Route.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:21

Any more news on this, was looking forward to a visit in June?

On island time!!
Old 05-05-2017, 09:47
Super Moderator

Word is that it will be run by the lady owner, hopefully she will be able to get a music license. The guy is no longer in the Port.
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Word is that it will be run by the lady owner, hopefully she will be able to get a music license. The guy is no longer in the Port.
Crikey he didn't stick it out for long! Sounds to me like another business that will probably fold because the owners didn't really do their homework.
tangofan likes this.