Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Cali369
  • 1 Post By kate1
  • 2 Post By Golfaholics
  • 1 Post By Cali369
  • 2 Post By Timberman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2016, 17:44

Default Restaurant recommendation for birthday meal

Myself, my sister and my Mum will be heading out to PP on 19th September.

While we're there it will be my Mum's 70th birthday so I'm looking for somewhere nice for dinner - and by nice I mean good food (doesn't have to be super fancy/best ever) and/or a great location.

The key limitation is somewhere with reasonable vegetarian options for me (proper vegetarian so no fish) - my Mum and I have been to PP before and I'm pretty sure that's why we never went to Stay (or any of the places on the marina), which I know gets a lot of love on here because it didn't seem very veggie friendly - happy to hear otherwise though.

So alternatives?
I've seen/read about a place that seemed to have tables overlooking or on a jetty out on the beach with nice sunset views but in my stupidity I didn't make note of the name - ring any bells? Folk seemed to say the food wasn't quite as good as Stay but still good... Did I imagine it?

If you're getting deja vu, I asked the same question 4 years ago and we chose O Lume -which now seems to be closed :-(. Lovely garden setting, fantastic service, fun watching the next table having fish in a salt crust and they were very understanding when I realised I'd left the purse back in the apartment and had to walk/run back to get it - don't worry I left my Mum as security!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2016, 18:57

Haven't tried this place myself, but highly recommended by a local who's a veggie:
pensionbellavista
Old 11-09-2016, 19:19

Ah yes, thanks Graham - we ate here on our last trip in 2012.

It seems to now be separate from the pension and called Restaurante Bellaverde - reviews look better than before.

Definitely planning to visit when we're over but looking for something a bit more 'wow' I suppose for the 70th birthday meal!
Bekki likes this.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:11

I wonder if you're thinking of La Llonja - which is on the next jetty along from Stay? They do have tables set outside (with amazing views) during high season though I'm not sure when they take them inside - however, there is a top terrace, though that can get windy. Have never been there in September so am not sure. They do have some vegetarian options and it's a lovely restaurant. Failing that, I think the Marina Brasserie has some good veggie dishes, and sea views, though not quite as amazing as Stay and La Llonja. I'm sure if you called most restaurants in advance and explained that you wanted a veggie meal they would oblige and come up with something. Stay do a nice veggie pasta dish, which my almost-veggie daughter loves - but I do appreciate that veggie pasta isn't terribly exciting if you are celebrating a special occasion!
Cali369 likes this.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:29

Thanks Kate - I'll take a look at La Llonja. You're right about the pasta dish but if that's the best on offer I'll suck it up!
Old 12-09-2016, 13:44

The pasta dish is actually on their lunch/snack menu (though it's a substantial plateful) but they've always been happy to provide it for us in the evenings - I'm sure if you asked they'd offer it, and maybe something a bit more interesting too!
Old 12-09-2016, 16:12

If you don't mind travelling a bit further along the sea front try Ca'n Josep. Super views across the bay, good food , friendly staff and they would be happy to accommodate your veggie needs if you request when booking, although am sure there are some on menu.
Old 12-09-2016, 22:29

Hotel Miramar has never disappointed us when we have had an occasion to visit for a family members birthday.
Perfect service and great food in our experience.
The Vegetarian Lasagne is excellent
Mentioning that it is a special 70th birthday might get a special night for your mum.

If you cant decide maybe visit somewhere you have been before and have been happy with the food and service.

The mistake we have made a few times is to go somewhere that looks a bit bling for a special occasion and the food and service have been disappointing and we wished we had gone to one of our old favourites that are usually well away from the front line tourist restaurants.
Old 13-09-2016, 07:32

Default Veggie special meal.

Hi

You can't go far wrong with Can Currassa. Special meal, special place along front past Can Josep. Great food, they would be happy to cater for what you need.

Val
Old 13-09-2016, 09:45

Hotel Llenaire ?
Old 13-09-2016, 15:52

Default Veggie meals

I would concur with those who have mentioned Ca'n Josep's and Marina Brasserie. Both great restuarants with fabulous food with vegetarian options. If I had to choose!!?? It would have to be my families all time favourite Can Josep's. Josep is a superb host and would really look after your Mum. Good luck.
animagic21 and lollipop like this.
Old 16-09-2016, 17:31

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Ca'n Josep and C'an Currassa both already on my list to check out so good to see them called out.

Molt - I had recently come across the Hotel Llenaire (didn't know it existed before) and it looks lovely - could be a great location for Birthday lunch!

Mark - would'nt have thought of Hotel Miramar so we'll take a look once we're there.

Marina Brasserie also added to the list

We're off on Monday (v.v. early) so will let you know what we decide and how it goes!
Golfaholics likes this.
Old 16-09-2016, 18:32

1st ca'n Josep closely followed by Ca'n Cuarassa. Josep is lovely host and fantastic food. Great view over the bay from the window tables, as long as it is still light when you dine!!.
Golfaholics and animagic21 like this.
Old 02-10-2016, 17:17

Are you back yet? Where did you end up going for the meal? Was it as good as you hoped?
Old 03-10-2016, 09:57

What about hotel Son Brull for a complete pamper spa day and evening meal.