Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree59Likes
  • 14 Post By Tangoman
  • 1 Post By CharlieV
  • 1 Post By Bekki
  • 1 Post By copper
  • 3 Post By Rangers1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2016, 14:35

Default Trip Report

Just returned from 2 very hot weeks in Puerto Pollensa - thanks Sparky, once again, for the weather. Used Shuttle Direct from the airport - good decision. It always feels great when we arrive, like we have come home!!

Well pleased with the accommodation, Crespi Apartments, both location and facilities, so a good start. Joined later that same night (13th August) by son Chris, Daughter-in-law, and two grandchildren. Party almost complete. Joined 5 days later by daughter-in-law's sister, and her son - party now complete. We couldn't have been better placed for access to the beach, restaurants, shops and supermarkets, and of course the square. Also, very convenient for Tango (Important to me!). Had a good time trying out some eateries that we hadn't visited before, and didn't really have a bad experience anywhere. I always think that standards in PP are such that really bad restaurants just wouldn't survive the competition.

Chris strolled quite a bit down the (controversial) new seafront on the south side one evening, and, given that he was pushing a child in a buggy, was happy enough with the new pavements - thought they were quite pleasant actually.

However, we both (remember, he has been to PP many times as a child, and an adult now) thought that the sunbed and brolly locations , particularly at the pinewalk end, were ridiculous. They were much too close together, affording no privacy at all - and the price was outrageous. Hence the large number of visitors ( and possibly some residents) to be seen carrying lightweight chairs, etc. - and also the large number of "Official Brollies" that we witnessed being left unused for many days. Also, this resulted in the space that was available between Brolly Sites quickly being filled up by visitors to look like camp sites, utilizing everything from towels on the beach, chairs, lilos, windbreaks, and even small tents. So, for me, the vista at the Pinewalk end has changed a lot in the past few years or so, and for the worse I think - however, please remember, this is only one opinion, there may be many who like it!! However, all things change, I suppose - but it is still Puerto Pollensa, beloved by our family, and I am sure that we will still continue to visit for many years to come (I hope).

Spent some time wandering around the streets at the rear of the resort, which we have never done before - made some great discoveries - La Vall butchers (what great quality they have, will be back there next year for sure), Hiper Market (best of the lot, we think, great choice), the bakery between The Flora and The Square - pastries to die for, and lots of little local cafes and bars. These all need to be re-discovered in greater detail next year!!

We finished our trip with a great night out, guess where?? Yes, you got it. Tango!! It was Chris's and my wife's birthday, and Marco and his dad looked after us very well indeed - we all had a great night - including the kids who spent quite a bit of time in the playground at the bottom of the street. Great food, great service, great location, great weather - what more do we need.

So all in all, a super family holiday enjoyed by all, and we are happily planning next years trip now.
favie, Mark, LK1960 and 11 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2016, 17:34

Hi Tangoman

Thanks for a great report. I'm glad you all enjoyed your holiday.

Pleased to read your positive comments about Crespi Apartments. We love the apartments for size, location and value for money and are looking forward to returning there later this month.

LK
Old 09-09-2016, 09:38

Great trip report Tangoman (and Favie). I also totally agree with you about the beds and brollies at the pine walk end. Totally spoilt the look of that area, and blocks the view. We were so disappointed about the changes there when we were out in July, our favourite spots are spoiled now and I refuse to pay the crazy prices for the sunbeds. I'd sooner buy a fold up chair and give my money to the local shops instead of the greedy sunbed folk
favie likes this.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangoman View Post

So all in all, a super family holiday enjoyed by all, and we are happily planning next years trip now.
That's what makes happy family memories
Great trip report.
Thanks.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:35

Really enjoyed reading your trip report Tangoman. Looking forward to future ones
Molt de Renou likes this.
Old 10-09-2016, 14:22

Glad you had such a good visit

We are trying each trip to eat in different Restaurants and walk different areas

Off early tomorrow Pouring with rain here now and looks as if we will be bringing some with us ( just for Sparky !) know they have a drought Bought some new ponchos yesterday to frighten it away !
Tangoman likes this.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieV View Post
Great trip report Tangoman (and Favie). I also totally agree with you about the beds and brollies at the pine walk end. Totally spoilt the look of that area, and blocks the view. We were so disappointed about the changes there when we were out in July, our favourite spots are spoiled now and I refuse to pay the crazy prices for the sunbeds. I'd sooner buy a fold up chair and give my money to the local shops instead of the greedy sunbed folk
We thought the sunbeds were a vast improvement on the normal blue ones. We thought they weren't that close. The cost well most people go on holiday once a year so to spend some money on decent sunbeds makes the beach from our point of view far more enjoyable. Each to their own
Joanne, lollipop and Bootledodger like this.