Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree27Likes
  • 13 Post By scotslizzy
  • 4 Post By Disorderly
  • 2 Post By Rangers1
  • 1 Post By Luckyone
  • 2 Post By joey36
  • 1 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By gds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-08-2016, 17:00

Default Better Late than Never

Trip Report

Better late than never;

Our holiday in June is fast becoming a distant memory but due to work and other stuff this report is later than our normal. Anyway to business

As normal we stayed at the Dania Hotel and although we enjoyed it as much as ever it really is getting a bit expensive for b&b so we may decide to go back to apartments for next year.

Did our usual thing of eating too much and perhaps a little too much drinking at the Hostal Bahia for a long lunch (ok but not the best ) the wine was good though.

Sparky had booked a table for us in El Posito and this was our mistake in booking on our first day. Why ? Well we could not do justice to the excellent food laid before us although I did my best .Started with prawns and squid (half and half) and the quality was up there with the best and followed by a big plate of John Dory with onions but could not finish off the food. Hubby Frank had the same problem but I will not hesitate to go back there next year but will ensure we do not eat a big lunch.

Next night was Can Panxo we thoroughly enjoyed our shared starter of veg in a soy sauce which does not sound all that great but was tasty and just enough between the two of us. I followed with hake with a pepper crust on a bed of black risotto and he had the sea bass with veg and potatoes both dishes were considered spot on. No room for dessert’s but they seemed to be going down a treat by the number of people enjoying them. Our first time there and I would put this one on the list for a return visit. Especially for the caramel vodka at the end!

Centric was our next new one for us and we had booked so got our table ok. I thought that we had perhaps made a mistake with this one due to the waitress who was only interested in taking your order and rushing off to the next table. My request for a starter portion of seafood risotto was brushed off with a quick no. Oh dear but when the food did arrive I was more than pleased ,presentation and just the right amount of food .Fish again for me and chicken dish for him .I can’t remember prices but we were pleasantly surprised so no wonder this place is going like a bomb.

Osteria 15 next night . Well perhaps it was my choice of food but my meal was ok but nothing to write home about. Avocado starter was ordinary and I followed this up with a mushroom risotto (never realised how much I liked risotto) it was a bit heavy for me so left most of it. Frank had the pasta with seafood and he liked it but again not the best. We have been here a couple of times so perhaps it was our choice of food but not as good as before.

Stay well we cannot go to PP and not go to stay. I know it’s formulaic but it works for us and although there are better food offerings in other restaurants i.e. Centric that serve food slightly better I cannot resist sitting down by the sea. I still think it is great value considering the coffee and the offer of your choice of liqueur at the end.

Brisas for paella the next night and as a convert to paella I just love this place as there one is not too salty and it’s such a nice spot to eat. I think we had desserts that night bit for the life of me I cannot remember (should not have left it this long to write up) what we had. I do remember thinking this is as good as it gets on the way back to the hotel, or was that the wine talking!
IRU - More risotto for us as a starter and then more fish turbot this time and hake for him. I cannot resist the chocolate fondant that they make here and although fit to burst I was determined to have me cake and eat it.Yummy.

During the day we had a mixture of take away sandwiches from al fresco and tapas at Marina Brasserie.

We also had lunch in Pollensa one day and just off the square but can’t remember the name of the place.

Back next year for more of the same.

favie, sws97sdg, Mark and 10 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 17-08-2016, 17:03

Great report and glad you had such a variety of meals out.

I agree that the Centric food is very good, but we were there earlier this week, having booked, and they had allowed for far more customers than they could handle. 30 mins before order taken and 1 hr 15 mins for starter to arrive. Said they were sorry but very busy. DON'T PUT CUSTOMER VOLUME ABOVE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION THEN!
Golfaholics, Rosie34, Nick and 1 others like this.
Old 17-08-2016, 20:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post

I agree that the Centric food is very good, but we were there earlier this week, having booked, and they had allowed for far more customers than they could handle. 30 mins before order taken and 1 hr 15 mins for starter to arrive. Said they were sorry but very busy. DON'T PUT CUSTOMER VOLUME ABOVE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION THEN!
Just goes to show how things differ both nights we ate there yes there were volumes of people but service was excellent.
Rosie34 and Bekki like this.
Old 17-08-2016, 20:55

Quote:

In June we booked 2/3 days in advance and on arrival they had taken more customers than should have. We said we would return in 10 minutes for our reserved table and it was ready. I'll be watching this in September, agree with your comments and hope they don't become complacent.
Tommo likes this.
Old 17-08-2016, 23:10

Quote:

Centric food may be very good but I for one would have walked out well before the hour mark.If every table is booked they know the numbers so should be able to cope.
Rosie34 and Nick like this.
Old 18-08-2016, 15:48
Banned

Visited last week and their service was shambolic. The blonde waitress got angry trying to set up a table and literally booted a chair almost into Cafe Algar! Not good, she wasn't looking and it could have hit anyone. It narrowly missed a Spanish man walking by and he gave her a deserved filthy stare.
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 18-08-2016, 16:40

Default Oh Dear

I wonder if that is the same we cam up against ?

You would have thought a simple request to have a half portion of a main dish would not have caused any problem but she was quite firm in her reply. Methinks Centric may have to watch out with all the comments on here about service.

Too many really good places to eat in PP .

Scotslizzy
Old 18-08-2016, 16:43

How´s the one in Pollensa town doing ?.
Old 18-08-2016, 23:48

We tried the new Centric in the town and thought it was fine but no better. Much of the food appeared to have been prepared several hours earlier, the risotto was rather salty etc. Sorry if this is untrue but it was the impression received. We didn't stay for desserts.

Service was OK and the bill reasonable.

It was busy with most tables taken.

Cantonet just up from the Font de Gall is in a different (higher) league in comparison.
El Gordo likes this.

Last edited by gds; 18-08-2016 at 23:53.
Old 19-08-2016, 14:53

Default Centric

We ate in Centric on three occasions on our latest visit and found the food delicious and the service excellent. There are two blonde girls working there and we found them friendly, polite and professional as usual this year and in previous years.