Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Paella (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/13008-paella.html)

kevessex 11-08-2016 15:05

Paella

Going to PP in sept for first time in six years,looking for the best paella ,any ideas ?

MPH133 11-08-2016 15:39

Brisa Marina - they also do a shell free version

Tommo 11-08-2016 15:46

Bodega can ferrar. It's on career sant pere. Between calle Juan xx111 and passeig sarelegui. (Sorry if the spelling is a bit off).Small family run restaurant. Their paella is the best in the port ,in my humble opinion. If you do go, I would make sure you hadn't eaten too much prior to your visit, as you get absolutely loads. They do however, let you take what you can't finish home, so long as you return the pan. The service is always excellent from Toni and the family.

Pina 11-08-2016 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommo (Post 113935)
Bodega can ferrar. It's on career sant pere. Between calle Juan xx111 and passeig sarelegui. (Sorry if the spelling is a bit off).Small family run restaurant. Their paella is the best in the port ,in my humble opinion. If you do go, I would make sure you hadn't eaten too much prior to your visit, as you get absolutely loads. They do however, let you take what you can't finish home, so long as you return the pan. The service is always excellent from Toni and the family.

Totally agree this place is lovely. Food and staff alike. We always visit a couple of times when in PP. ;)

El Gordo 11-08-2016 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommo (Post 113935)

It usually says "for Two" on the Menu but Toni is known to make it for one.
Also, other dishes on their menu eg Leg of Lamb need to be ordered in advance! ;)

Enjoy :cool:

Disorderly 11-08-2016 17:27

Totally agree with Brisa Marina. Had a Blind Paella on Saturday and it was superb. The "full fat" version is epic too.

Timberman 11-08-2016 18:15

The one place I always go to for paella is Ikebana. Tried others but for me theirs is the best.
They only do the one type, mixed, well worth it.

Gommar Goffer 11-08-2016 18:28

C'an Ferra is excellent and Toni will do Paella for one which is probably big enough for 2 and the 2 for 3 etc. a little known fact is that he also does a little tapas selection as a starter like you get if you order one of his specials.

manda 11-08-2016 22:06

Brisas is best but go on Sunday afternoon, but remember to book as they do upwards if 100 for both in house and residents. Been most Sundays whilst out there and always packed.

kevessex 11-08-2016 22:07

Thanks everyone,looking forward to trying your suggestions when we get there.

manda 11-08-2016 22:18

The yacht club also do a very good paella as well, but remember i alwats think of paella is a lunch/ afternoon meal as it can be very heavy in the evening.