Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-07-2016, 22:58

Default Tolo's

Anybody used Tolo's this year? Think they are having a difficult time this summer.Apparantly two of their chefs walked out causing all sorts of problems for them.Was in last week with no pizza or pasta dishes on the menu also Pepe has left along with another couple front of house waiting staff which has caused chaos with orders not taken and food being given to the wrong tables.They have had a lot of complaints and the standard of food this year has dropped.I also noticed for the first time that they have closed all day on a couple of occasions
Sponsored Links
Old 23-07-2016, 10:17

We have eaten there twice this week no problems at all.
Old 23-07-2016, 10:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboaby View Post
?..............which has caused chaos with orders not taken and food being given to the wrong tables.
Nothing new here, it's been like that even when they had a full compliment of staff. Shame because the food is really nice!
lollipop, Tommo and copper like this.
Old 23-07-2016, 21:51

Agree totally Never know what the service will be like Will you get your food in the right order ?? Whos bill will you get !!

Shame as you say the food can be good We only tend to go in there if it looks quiet on passing and we are likely to get looked after straight away Gave up trying to book a table long ago as when you asked for outside you found all you had left when you arrived was up against a pillar inside !

Will go back but when we dont care if we will have to wait ! It is the only place there taht seems to have that problem
Old 24-07-2016, 09:52

I can never understand why there are always so many cyclists there in the early season, yes I know there is a cycling connection but do they get better service than us ordinary punters or perhaps a deal package!
Old 24-07-2016, 10:26

We've only used Tolo's on a couple of occasions (for drinks) but weren't very impressed. All that male sweaty lycra puts me off - and they were shovelling platefuls of carbs in like there was no tomorrow, which you can understand if they've been cycling for hours, but it doesn't exactly provide a pleasant ambience. Think I'll leave it to the cyclists.
Old 24-07-2016, 11:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post
I can never understand why there are always so many cyclists there in the early season, yes I know there is a cycling connection but do they get better service than us ordinary punters or perhaps a deal package!
I believe the cycling connection is due to Sir Bradley Wiggins being one of their clients.
Old 24-07-2016, 13:11

He was in every night last week.Dining behind a screen at the left handside of the bar
Old 24-07-2016, 16:45

Tolo was a cyclist and is involved in the cycling scene here I believe.
Old 24-07-2016, 17:01

Had rubbish service there some 20 years ago, never been in since, but now I know I could sit behind a screen if I wanted.....I still won't go back
Old 24-07-2016, 17:33

The first time we went there, we walked out after 15 minutes as we hadnt even been given a menu. The second time (3 years later) we had a lovely meal - in April it was overrun by cyclists so didnt even think about it
Old 24-07-2016, 19:06

As I said in previous message been twice this year and have been coming to p pollensa for over thirty years. Tolos has always been one of our favourites pepe retired to spend more time in his garden. The cyclists only tend to use at lunchtime. Restaurants are a personal choice as shown by the top five every year. However I can only comment on my personal experience which has always been extremely pleasant.
Bootledodger likes this.
Old 25-07-2016, 06:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboaby View Post
He was in every night last week.Dining behind a screen at the left handside of the bar
Seems a shame considering the amount of other excellent restaurants in Puerto Pollensa.

Maybe he is shy and doesn't like people staring at him whilst dining.

I sometimes go to Tolo's out of season. Good but no way near the best.
Old 25-07-2016, 08:07

Dont know about shy but if you believe the article in the DM today then he was keeping his head down.
Back to Tolo s and cyclists - for those who go into the main building you will see Tour de France and Wiggins memorabilia ie bikes , yellow jersey , cuddle lion etc and on the wall just before the toilets there is a whole picture wall of fame photos of cyclists past and present.
Old 25-07-2016, 09:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
Dont know about shy but if you believe the article in the DM today then he was keeping his head down.
Back to Tolo s and cyclists - for those who go into the main building you will see Tour de France and Wiggins memorabilia ie bikes , yellow jersey , cuddle lion etc and on the wall just before the toilets there is a whole picture wall of fame photos of cyclists past and present.

I see your point re DM.
Golfaholics likes this.