Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Pizza (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/12942-pizza.html)

The Hamiltons 17-07-2016 09:23

Pizza

Where do people think the best pizza in PP is these days?

We used to swear by Little Italy, the view, location and food were all amazing, but not having visited for 3 years, things will no doubt have moved on!!!

sunnyboy 17-07-2016 14:00

Portofino! We are great pizza lovers and as you say things change. It may not have the view of L.I. but there is a courtyard where you can enjoy Al Fresco dining in the summer months. The pizzas are excellent and very reasonably priced, well worth a visit I.M.O.

clinkham 17-07-2016 15:06

Laroc, opposite Coral- at the rear of Little Italy. Pick the right table and a view of the sea is.......just about visible.

Genuine Italian with Bruno in charge. Always our first choice for an Italian.

Big plus points v a nearby establishment): the floor isn't covered in sand, and there's no Pine Walk pedestrian traffic walking between the tables as you tuck into your pizza.

Rosie34 17-07-2016 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnyboy (Post 113392)
Portofino! We are great pizza lovers and as you say things change. It may not have the view of L.I. but there is a courtyard where you can enjoy Al Fresco dining in the summer months. The pizzas are excellent and very reasonably priced, well worth a visit I.M.O.

Totally agree - we were there in June and the pizzas are great as this the setting etc!

Bekki 17-07-2016 18:38

Our mouths are watering at the thought of delicious pizza! All of the above are super but none can beat those made by the lovely boys at Little Italy. A week to go until that thin crust and scrumptious toppings will be touching our lips and being wolfed down. Cannot wait

Nick 17-07-2016 19:33

Portofino.

kate1 17-07-2016 21:24

We had great pizza in April at Casa Vila in the square - think they have a woodburning oven.

munro 17-07-2016 21:35

I think the best pizzas are in vora mar just the beginning of the pine walk superb thin crust right on the beach ����������

Teacu 17-07-2016 23:47

Personally have never eaten there, but have walked past Little Italy many many times and a) the meals do not look that appetising, b) the thought of probably 100's of people gawping at you/your family having a meal is not, to me, that appealing, and c) from previous comments the service can be a bit hit or miss. Given the choice, I would go to Portofino or Trattoria de Razzo (spelling may not be 100pc), second line, at the end of the block behind, I think, Los Faroles. Not the most picturesque restaurant, but we've had some very nice meals/pizzas there..

The Hamiltons 18-07-2016 17:28

Portofino seems to get a fair few mentions, don't know that one though, presume it has opened in the last year or so?

Catwoman 18-07-2016 17:48

I can vouch for Laroc - particularly as they offer gluten free pizzas and rolls!

marilyn 18-07-2016 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hamiltons (Post 113429)
Portofino seems to get a fair few mentions, don't know that one though, presume it has opened in the last year or so?

It is where O Lume was, Two entrances, garden in Virgen de Carmen next to Tots and main entrance on the Pollenca Road.

Went for dinner there in April. Very nice food and friendly service. Huge pizzas, freshly made.

Sparky 18-07-2016 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hamiltons (Post 113429)

Portofino is where O Lume used to be and opened during the winter ;).

Deanscroft 19-07-2016 19:52

If you fancy a short drive then the pizzas at Red Rum are only bettered by the view.

car77 19-07-2016 22:33

Manduca always hit our pizza spot.