Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-06-2016, 13:30

Default Trip report: June 2016

So, another lovely holiday is over I’m afraid, we had such a great time and as I had a bereavement just before we were due to go and we thought we would lose our holiday, I think we had an extra special time.

A sad time for us, but Mallorca and Pollenca welcomed us with open arms and we had such a warm affectionate welcome from friends and locals with, it lifted our hearts and souls.

I won’t be doing a large report as usual, as we did mainly the same things and I am sure you are all fed up with pictures of the lovely veggie food we eat, but I will post some reports of the new places we visited.

The port was looking beautiful with all the new restaurants and improvements over the winter, the hotel Elo was looking stunning, I will not say much about the semi pedestrianisation as it has all been said but what I will say is that is has enhanced the port so much and unquestionably has improved the overall appearance. The front is now quiet and tranquil without the numerous trucks, lorries and buses up and down all day, the paths are wide and especially when the road is raised along some of its length next phase it is so easy to cross. The new chairs and street furniture are an attractive addition and people were using them all, can’t wait until the complete the sea wall and new seats next phase also, and of course the road which unfortunately is still atrocious. The cycle lane is great and was being used by almost all, and we only saw one Palma taxi going the wrong way.

We ate out twice most days and had some wonderful meals out with friends, the standard of food seems even higher this year and we noticed smaller portions which is much better as they had got so huge. Being early, everyone was still chilled and had time to chat and we caught up with everyone we know, and we played the ’guess where they are working last year game’, one exception was the older guy from Tolo, we didn’t see him, does anyone know where he is now if he has moved on?

So a wonderful time but so sad to be back, but with only 80 days until we do it all over again, the countdown has already started.
favie, Mark, LK1960 and 19 others like this.

On island time!!
Sponsored Links
Old 21-06-2016, 14:56

Do you mean Pepe from Tolo's?
Old 21-06-2016, 15:09

If thats his name, not sure, they have three new staff this year I think

On island time!!
Old 21-06-2016, 16:07

I am glad you were able to enjoy your holiday. We are out in August with our 17 year old daughter who is now vegetarian since our last visit , so i wonder if you would mind recommending any restaurants that cater well to vegetarians, aside from the obvious Belleverde, which we'll be visiting?
Many thanks
Old 21-06-2016, 22:22

I'm sorry to hear of your loss SWS but I never get fed up of your pictures and reviews - always lovely even though I'm not a veggie. PP always lifts hearts and souls. Glad you enjoyed you holiday and I agree about the pedestrianisation and am looking forward to a sneaky visit this weekend.

Car xx
sws97sdg and LK1960 like this.
Old 21-06-2016, 22:33

Same here Steph.Always look forward to your reviews.Condolences on your bereavement mate
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 22-06-2016, 08:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBY 97 View Post
I am glad you were able to enjoy your holiday. We are out in August with our 17 year old daughter who is now vegetarian since our last visit , so i wonder if you would mind recommending any restaurants that cater well to vegetarians, aside from the obvious Belleverde, which we'll be visiting?
Many thanks
Most restaurants cater for vegetarians (though you might find that the choice is limited). My daughter loves the pasta with vegetables at Stay. There are some great Italian restaurants where there's a good choice of salads, pizza and pasta dishes - Casa Vila in the Square has some lovely options.

Last edited by kate1; 22-06-2016 at 08:49.
Old 22-06-2016, 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
one exception was the older guy from Tolo, we didn’t see him, does anyone know where he is now, if he has moved on?
He hasn't moved on SWS but I was told by another of the waiters that he was having health problems.
Old 22-06-2016, 10:45

Thanks whaley, thats a great shame I hope he recovers soon

On island time!!
Old 22-06-2016, 10:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBY 97 View Post
Many thanks
Hi Ruby, we have a thread with an up to date list of places serving veggie food here http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...rian-food.html

My personnel recommendations would be La cabana who do a large range of veggies tapas and are adding more all the time, Centric and Nicos who both have great veggie dishes as well as gluten free and other options and as all their dishes are made from scratch will also adapt dishes as well. Tapas Tree also have veggie options but not as many as last year. Did see that Casa Vila had less options than before, but again ask them and they will change the dishes to suit.

On island time!!

Last edited by sws97sdg; 22-06-2016 at 10:55.
Old 22-06-2016, 10:52

Kate 1, thanks for the recommendations, much appreciated.
Old 22-06-2016, 10:56

Thank you , i will look up the thread. Life used to be simple!
Old 22-06-2016, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by car77 View Post
I'm sorry to hear of your loss SWS but I never get fed up of your pictures and reviews - always lovely even though I'm not a veggie. PP always lifts hearts and souls. Glad you enjoyed you holiday and I agree about the pedestrianisation and am looking forward to a sneaky visit this weekend.

Car xx
Thanks Car, that's very kind, enjoy your trip this weekend

On island time!!
Old 22-06-2016, 10:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboaby View Post
Same here Steph.Always look forward to your reviews.Condolences on your bereavement mate
Thanks Sleepboaby, that's very kind of you, hope you are well

On island time!!
Old 22-06-2016, 12:04

Sorry to hear of your loss SWS, condolences to you and Sue. A great report as always, I too always look forward to your reviews, glad you had a good holiday
sws97sdg likes this.