Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree12Likes
  • 11 Post By BigErn
  • 1 Post By mallorcaboy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2016, 15:34

Default Short Christmas Visit

Just back from PP from a short Christmas break from the 27/12 to 1/16. As frequent visitors to the port this was our first visit at this time of year and would like to share our observations.

First of all weather was great, sunny and warm every day, like a nice spring day in UK, which shows Mallorca can be an all year round resort if the sun shines!!

Not a lot of places open on the front, had to search amongst the back streets for bars and cafes which were open, but good to try new places.

Had lunch most days at the café 1919, dinner at Hibiscus, the new Maxim bistro, Portofinos, and the Marina Brasserie, all very good. New Years Eve was spent at Casa Vila (nice to see Lynn & Colin there), and it was a fantastic night. Six courses, including coffee, aperitifs, numerous bottles of wine and water, cava and the grapes at midnight. At only 59 euros a head a real bargain too, as we did not get charged for any additional drinks.

We visited the shopping outlet at Festival Park, which is much improved from our last visit as most of the shop units now have tenants. Also played golf at Pollenca Golf, which was a first. Only a small 9 hole course, but the scenery, wildlife and views on show are fabulous.

Overall a fantastic short break, will definitely do again if we can get flights. Such a shame that there is such short availability of flights at that time of year, hopefully this will change in the future.
Mark, joey36, Sparky and 8 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2016, 16:07

We were in Hibisus for a meal in November. First time there for nearly 20years. Don't know why its been so ong because it was lovely.
Nick likes this.
Old 05-01-2016, 18:01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallorcaboy View Post
We were in Hibisus for a meal in November. First time there for nearly 20years. Don't know why its been so ong because it was lovely.
I agree. I've walked past this restaurant so many times and never been in. Went in twice on my own in August and thought it was excellent.

We've also just returned from 9 great days in PP and went into Hibiscus. Lovely meal and such friendly service. Can't understand why we never hear it mentioned on this forum. Well worth a try and open in winter, bonus. Please do use it or it may not open during the winter months and that would be a real loss.
Old 05-01-2016, 21:39

Default Marina Brasserie

Glad you had a good time New Years Eve sounds wonderful I just what sort of menu the Marina Brasserie were offering while you were there?
Old 06-01-2016, 13:53

Regarding the Marina Brasserrie, I cant remember the full menu, but I do recall what we had.

We shared a starter of mixed dips, with some home bread, and we both had different steak dishes for main course. Mine was a fillet steak with a type of tumber, my wifes was sliced fillet with chilli and noodles. We shared a sublime tirimasu and had coffee and hierbas, bill was about 80 euros.

It was very nice my only criticism with this place is that they tend to over complicate things somewhat. I know the chef is very inventive, but sometimes dishes have too many flavours. Not really a criticism just an observation!!
Old 06-01-2016, 15:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigErn View Post
Just back from PP from a short Christmas break from the 27/12 to 1/16. As frequent visitors to the port this was our first visit at this time of year..........................Not a lot of places open........
Of course the main festive celebrations in Mallorca, with many places open, take place in January,

Find out here: Events

Certainly worth a visit at this time of year.

My FlickR Photos
Old 06-01-2016, 20:50

We were also out for the week over New year from the 27th December our fifth visit at this time of the year we love it. I will say though the weather this year was exceptional the best we have ever had, even better than when we visited in October. We spent a lot of time sitting outside Stay in the sunshine, we also had excellent meals in Can Josep and the Clivia.