Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   October Evening Dining (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/12413-october-evening-dining.html)

lovemallorca 13-09-2015 15:55

October Evening Dining

We had intended on returning to PP this month, but with work commitments, it is looking tricky.

Despite spending so much time in Pollensa over the years, we have only ever been during the May-September period, with the long, warm nights.

I am now considering early October, and as one of my biggest pleasures is eating outside, I wondered if it is generally warm enough to do so in the evenings?

kate1 13-09-2015 16:24

In early October you hopefully will be lucky - it depends how hardy you are really! You'll probably need a jacket or jumper as it does cool down quite quickly as the sun sets. Some restaurants have patio heaters (Stay, for example, which I think also offers blankets!) - so we tend to choose those if we want to eat outside. You might find that some restaurants have closed their outside tables - La Llonja certainly does this at the end of the season.

lovemallorca 17-09-2015 09:12

Thanks Kate. Really helpful.

It is a shame that it is cool in the evenings, but I may still be tempted!

fil6699 17-09-2015 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemallorca (Post 106535)
Thanks Kate. Really helpful.

It is a shame that it is cool in the evenings, but I may still be tempted!

COOL being the key word as opposed to England that will be COLD and probably wet :D go for it you will love it. Always feels that much better when you know you are dodging the cold in the UK

CharlieV 17-09-2015 22:39

We visited for the third week of October 2 years ago and we ate outside every single night - I was surprised how pleasantly warm it was. Maybe we just got lucky but we enjoyed it so much we're out for the same week this October. The resort was quiet, but that just meant we didn't have to worry about booking tables :) Go for it ! :)

Stephen 19-09-2015 13:11

We will be arriving on October 10th for the 11th consecutive October.
Only once do i remember it being too cold to sit out.
Rain is a possiblity, but i would say that you would be satisfied with the weather 5 days out of 6.

lovemallorca 19-09-2015 18:00

Thanks so much to you all for your replies - I think that last October was unexpectedly warm, which is why I am so tempted to give it a try.

Sparky 20-09-2015 10:15

I do advise you to have a light jacket, cardigan or sweater because the temps are dropping in the evenings now, it's still OK to dine outside but i noticed a chill in the air last night ;).

lovemallorca 27-10-2015 22:32

Sadly we didn't make it back out this month. Perhaps with this October not having been as warm as last year it was meant to be.

This week we have booked our flights for three weeks next June, and maybe a week in May if the villa isn't booked and we can fit it in. It is so great to know that we shall be heading back to our second home next year.

I would happily pop back for a long weekend over the winter, but what is so mad is that the outbound flights are maybe £30, but the cost to come back is £200+

How does that work out?

kate1 28-10-2015 10:36

We're in PP right now and am delighted to say that we have been able to eat out every evening so far - albeit positioning ourselves as close as possible to the patio heaters at Marina Brasserie and Stay! You definitely need a jacket or jumper, but we haven't felt cold at all. And we had breakfast on the terrace this morning - can't waste all that sunshine and blue sky! I can't remember ever seeing the resort this busy so late in the season - it still has a real buzz about it, which is lovely.