Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree14Likes
  • 8 Post By Jupiter1972
  • 1 Post By Jupiter1972
  • 1 Post By mike_dublin
  • 1 Post By Belladonna
  • 1 Post By Rosie34
  • 1 Post By martinchip10
  • 1 Post By Disorderly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2015, 12:39

Default July 2015

We spent the last 2 weeks of July getting well and truly roasted in PP, thank goodness for Air Conditioning!

This year we took a villa out in La Font but we still chose to eat out every evening and although we were closer to the Old Town we ate every night in the Port.

We didn't have a bad meal the whole holiday, one was slightly disappointing but thankfully most of them were fantastic.

The biggest disappointment was with Can Cuarassa. Our food lacked taste, the orders were mixed up (rabbit was served instead of chicken), portions were very small and they had squeezed too many customers into the garden terrace :-(

We ate in Casa Vila (for ease and convenience) on our first night and we were very impressed. There were 10 in our party so I wont (and couldn't) list all the meals that were ordered but there were no complaints from anyone and those that had fish dishes for their mains were particularly delighted with their choices. There was a lot of 'food envy' around our table that night.

Cellar la Parra continues to offer fabulous food and fantastic value. We enjoyed the food there so much we went back again in our second week. The fact that we had to book 3 days in advance says it all! We had our cheapest meal of the holiday here, 4 starters, 8 adult mains, 2 kids meals, 5 desserts, a bottle of wine, 4 beers, numerous soft drinks and water cost 190 Euros!

As always the service and food at Can Josep was excellent. We were glad to see them so busy in their new premises.

It was great to see Tango back in the centre of town and the food that we ate here, on 2 occasions, was some of the best we had. The chicken croquettes and gazpacho were a particular favourite, as was the Mixed and Seafood Paella.

We also ate in the Miramar on a couple of occasions, not only for the wonderful food but also for the sea breeze! The staff were really attentive and efficient and we all left empty plates.

A new find for us this year was Bella Verde, the Vegetarian restaurant. Wow! The setting was beautiful, a little courtyard with tables under fig trees. The veggie burgers here are the best I have ever tasted and they come with raspberry flavoured ketchup Only a couple of our party ordered desserts as the rest of us were as stuffed as peppers but the feedback on the puddings was poor. My advice would be to go there for starters and mains and then head down to the ice cream kiosk for your afters!

Another first for us was Bella Roma. I cant believe in all the years we have been coming to PP we have never eaten there before. The italian food was fantastic and full of flavour. This will definitely be on our list for next year.

We also had good meals in Maxims, Naciente and Swing.

With the strength of the pound this year we found the cost of eating out was cheaper than in previous years. However any money saved was soon spent on strawberry mojitos at the Miramar or strawberry daiquiris at Cappuccino

I should also mention the delicious ice creams we had from the little cafe / kiosk next to the Corb Mari. My son is still talking about the Kinder Bueno flavour ones and we have been home almost a week.
LK1960, joey36, Doogz1874 and 5 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2015, 12:49

Thank you for the great review.
With our trip getting closer every trip report counts ...

Bit of a downer on the Can Cuarassa visit.
Only a high season issue I wonder?

3 days in advance for the Cellar
Better ring before we head out ...
Old 05-08-2015, 12:54

Yes would definitely call Cellar in advance, we couldn't get over the amount of people getting turned away every night because they had no bookings / tables.

We were told you usually have to book 1 - 2 days in advance but as we were booking for a weekend and for 10 people it was 3 days!

Enjoy, wish I was going back
mike_dublin likes this.
Old 05-08-2015, 13:10

We're only three, but we'd always book a day ahead in the Cellar, mainly to make sure we would get the suckling pig
Tangoman likes this.
Old 05-08-2015, 14:36

Surprised at Can Cuarassa too, but have to say we have only once been there in high season and were bitten to death, so we leave it to out of season for one of our romantic dress up meals! Well, I dress up anyway! Great report, and I will now be pinching your phrase "stuffed as peppers", love it!
El Gordo likes this.
Old 05-08-2015, 15:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter1972 View Post
Yes would definitely call Cellar in advance, we couldn't get over the amount of people getting turned away every night because they had no bookings / tables.

We were told you usually have to book 1 - 2 days in advance but as we were booking for a weekend and for 10 people it was 3 days!

Enjoy, wish I was going back
Yes - there is a constant stream of people being turned away, and what surprises us is that most of them just seem to go rather than making a booking

Looking forward to October as we are staying just round the corner - a 5 minute walk!
Jupiter1972 likes this.
Old 05-08-2015, 16:58

Excellent review Rosie.
Bit short though😉😉
Lots of places that we have yet to eat in too.
Tangoman likes this.
Old 05-08-2015, 17:42

Great review. I've only been home for four days but missing PP already.
LK1960 likes this.