Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2015, 14:33

Default Trip Report Summer 2015...... Part 2

What the heck was that noise??? Is there a walrus in the room?
Our intrepid explorer gets off the bed and wanders into the bathroom to find Debs with her head down the toilet groaning. It appears she has had stomach ache and was feeling sick for a while but did not want to wake me. I stayed with her and provided my best back rubs until she felt well enough to step away from the toilet. She didn't sleep much that night and when I woke up she was dead to the world. I made her a black coffee and got some cold water and said she should drink some water. Unfortunately she could not keep this down. She went back to bed as she had no energy and stayed there until the next morning. I then read on the forum that there was a bug going around the port and she must have picked this up from somewhere. She did wake once to insist that I go out for lunch and after making sure she was OK by herself I went down to the square to have three soft hot chicken baguettes and three beers. Debs was fast asleep when I returned so I read my book on the balcony.
Not surprisingly, we stayed in for dinner. Debs mentioned that she thought she could stomach some tomato soup. After 30 seconds of silence and me staring at her through squinted eyes I realised that this meant it was my task to go soup hunting. I found some at the third Spar shop and cooked half a can with some dry toast. She managed two spoonfuls and two bites of toast and went back to bed. I felt so sorry for her as being ill is not nice but especially not on your holibobs.

Sunday was market day in Pollenca and Debs was feeling a lot better so we we cabbed it to the town and mooched around the market which seemed smaller this year. As usual we had tapas for lunch in Calveri at the bottom of the steps and Debs even managed some Sangria so I was pleased she was improving. A really nice place to sit and enjoy lunch but as it gets very busy on Sundays it can take a while to be served and get your food. Cost 40 euros.
We looked around the shops back at the port that afternoon and enjoyed an ice cream from the lovely girls at Valls whilst walking to Illa D'or and back.
It was during this walk that I realised that I had been saying hello to every small dog I had seen since arriving and it dawned on me that it must be mandatory to own one if you want to live in PP as there are millions of them around.
Debs was feeling well enough to go out for dinner but insisted that she can only eat that well know Mediterranean speciality called Scampi. Eventually we found some in Hells Kitchen, another place we had not been to.
Debs was very happy with her Scampi and salad and I had a sirloin steak. The food was surprisingly very nice even though the steak was nowhere near the medium I requested. Service was friendly enough but basic and the sangria we had was possibly the weirdest tasting sangria we have ever had, so this one is off our list for next year too. Cost 40 euros.
We then bypassed Bony's as Debs was tired so went back to the apartment.

Oi, wake up at the back. I am nearly finished.

Debs was back to normal now so sunbathing recommenced and it was back to Santa Fe for chicken burger and chicken sandwich with beer and wine. Tasty tuck and back to the beach.
After G and T's, shower and siesta we walked down to another fave or ours, Centric.
We were seated in a corner but asked to be moved as a group of 4 clearly well beered up men sat at the table next to us. I won't say where they were from as I do not want to offend people from that country, but they spoke really loud and every fifth word was a swear word, even though there were children at the restaurant. We asked to move as that appeared to be easier than trying to appeal to the better nature of these drunken foul mouthed men.
Anyway, at our new table Debs enjoyed Tempura King Prawns and I had Confit of Duck. Both meals were absolutely superb in both presentation and taste. There was plenty of food too which was a concern of mine as previous visits I had left feeling hungry. Beautiful flavours with a bottle of house wine and we were well happy although I was a little concerned that the same waiter dropped either a bottle or a glass three times at the same spot within a 10 minute period.
This place is one of the more expensive places to eat but backs itself with lovely great tasting well presented food with good service too.
Cost with wine and water was 53.50 euros.
Back to Bony's for drinks and then to bed.

Tuesday lunch was a second visit to C'an Balache. I had the cajun chicken with chips and salad which was very nice and Debs had Butterfly prawns and patatas bravas tapas which were very nice but that I had to assist her in finishing. We had a litre of sangria which was OK and this cost us 28 euros in total. We said our goodbyes and promised ourselves we will go for dinner here next year.
More sunning ourselves occurred and after the apartment routine we headed out for a curry to Mirch Masala. We prefer this curry house to the other ones as the dishes are very well flavoured. We shared a chicken tikka pathia and a chicken tikka biriani with popadums and rose and a bottle of rose. Absolutely lovely food and just enough of it to to make you feel full but not bloated and as a bonus, they didn't add things on to the bill that we did not have.
If you fancy a curry in PP I would certainly recommend this one over Kashmere if it is still there. Good value at 41 euros.

Last day in PP and we hit the beach early for some early sun and swimming, or standing around in the water, as I call it.
Final lunch was at C'an Pescador with special sandwiches and sangria all round which as usual was very nice and final evening meal is traditionally at Nico's. A beautiful Utah steak was enjoyed by me and Debs devoured her ribs. We treated ourselves to 2 Cafe Calypso's and said goodbye to Marcos and Fran for the year.
We meandered over to Bony's for G and T and JD and cola and said our goodbyes to Jose and the two lovely waitresses, conscious not to hug them too long.
The apartment owner met us that morning before we left to return our damage deposit and slipped into the conversation that as it was so hot the last two nights, he had slept on his yacht in the Marina.
Where did I go wrong?
A brilliant relaxing holiday in PP again and I love this place so much that with the exception of my bed, this is my favourite place in the whole world. Thanks again PP for a wonderful holiday and thanks to all the actors and actresses that can now go back to their day jobs after making our holiday so good now that we are back home and PP has closed down until we come back next year.
My one final thought......
Every morning and evening at the same time there is a lady with a bike and three dogs and a cat that cross the road at the crossing next to Los Faroles. They all do their own thing and half an hour later the lady and the three dogs are ready to go back home and wait patiently next to the crossing for about 4 minutes.
What's going on here you may ask.
Then, the cat appears and slowly walks up to them at the crossing, brushes up against the dogs, looks at the lady and then crosses the road ahead at them looking back as if to say " come on, what are you waiting for "
Just goes to show that wherever you are, the cat has got life sussed.
If you are still awake, apologies for the length and thanks for reading and until next year, adios.
Martin and Debs.
CathB, debz1, sws97sdg and 16 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2015, 15:03

Wonderful trip report!
A real joy to read.

And congratulations on the new job!
Old 04-08-2015, 17:40

Was thinking of writing my own report but can't top that.....a really great two part report and reviews of places I've never been too. Thank you, I really enjoyed reading that.
Old 04-08-2015, 18:47

Great read, I really enjoyed it...and stayed wide wake

Just one thing did you really have three chicken baguettes and three beers for lunch? The beers I get ..but THREE baguettes!!!!!
martinchip10 likes this.
Old 04-08-2015, 18:58

I love my soap operas and this was a great soup opera! Glad Debs didn't suffer too long and was able to make up for lost time. Hope you do manage to return to Can Balache next year as they are selling up now and coming back to the UK. Great report!
Old 04-08-2015, 20:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dublin View Post
Wonderful trip report!
A real joy to read.

And congratulations on the new job!
Cheers Mike.
Appreciate your comments.
Old 04-08-2015, 20:14

Wink

Fabulous report - superb!!!!

I may write a report for my trip, so does anyone know where to get a good price for 2 dozen pens and 3 dozen A4 file blocks???

Sparky, what about a competition for the top 5 trip reports - I will sponsor a Parker Pen for the winner!!!

Seriously though, this report will definately be referred to again a few times before our trip. Thank you!!
Old 04-08-2015, 20:21

Belladonna, Debz, Tangoman and Disorderley, many thanks everyone for your kind comments.
Makes it worthwhile after typing it on the world's most disobedient tablet this morning.
debz1, Belladonna and Tangoman like this.

Last edited by martinchip10; 04-08-2015 at 20:31.
Old 04-08-2015, 20:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
Great read, I really enjoyed it...and stayed wide wake

Just one thing did you really have three chicken baguettes and three beers for lunch? The beers I get ..but THREE baguettes!!!!!
Haha.
Yep, guilty as charged. I do have a soft spot for chicken baguettes and after the third beer, I could not upset the equilibrium between beer and baguette.🍞🐓
debz1 and LK1960 like this.
Old 04-08-2015, 20:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinchip10 View Post
Haha.
Yep, guilty as charged. I do have a soft spot for chicken baguettes and after the third beer, I could not upset the equilibrium between beer and baguette.🍞🐓

Fill ya boots! You were as you said on your hollibobs
Sparky likes this.
Old 04-08-2015, 20:57

Wink

All very well, but you didn't mention the quality, price, or service for the Tomato Soup and Toast. Please finish the report!!! Ha! Ha!
Old 04-08-2015, 23:02
Super Moderator

I love reading all of our members Trip reports/ Restaurant reviews but you have raised the bar.

Thank you for taking the time to post and making me laugh out loud, so sorry Debs was struck down by the lurgy but glad she recovered to enjoy your last few days
Old 05-08-2015, 12:19

What a wonderful report was thoroughly entertained and informed, hope Debs didn't suffer too much it's totally miserable being sick on hols.
Old 05-08-2015, 17:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangoman View Post
All very well, but you didn't mention the quality, price, or service for the Tomato Soup and Toast. Please finish the report!!! Ha! Ha!
Just for you Tangoman......

Food took a while to arrive from initial order. Grilled bread accompanied by saucepan boiled soup. Toast arrived lightly browned but soup apparently a bit hot😨. Excellent service from very handsome waiter. Cost irrelevant.
Customer satisfied overall despite leaving most of it, but no tip left.👍
CathB, Belladonna, Sparky and 3 others like this.

Last edited by martinchip10; 05-08-2015 at 17:17.
Old 05-08-2015, 17:14

Thanks for you kind comments Sparky and Pips. Always happy to provide an opinion on things in PP
Debs suffered no long lasting damage.
She should by now have received my letter via my solicitor for financial recompense for one and a half lost days of my holiday😎
CathB, Sparky, pips and 1 others like this.